GPXSonar file organization

GeoSchnoodle

Hi all,

Any tips for a newbie regarding organizing gpx files on your handheld? I have a Dell Axim, and the files from my pocket queries are viewable, but because they come by #, it is hard to search through.

Do most people only load one query on at a time?

Do you change the file name to the name of the city/area prior to loading onto the pda?

Thanks.

I use GPXsonar on a Dell Axim. I have the waypoint code, cache name along with other cache data of my choosing on my GPXsonar page. GPXsonar lets you display any number of columns of waypoint data on your PDA.

From the cache information page click the "List" menu at the bottom and then the "Preferences" submenu. From there you can choose the columns you want displayed.

I use GPXsonar on a Dell Axim. I have the waypoint code, cache name along with other cache data of my choosing on my GPXsonar page. GPXsonar lets you display any number of columns of waypoint data on your PDA.

From the cache information page click the "List" menu at the bottom and then the "Preferences" submenu. From there you can choose the columns you want displayed.

Thanks everyone. I am still figuring this program out. Tomorrow is my day off, so hopefully I can read the how to pages again.

I use GSAK(geocaching swiss army knife) it helps me to keep both my GPS and my Pocket PC synched with the same info. I can then export my info back to GSAK and keep up to date with log notes and whatnot. GSAK is 25$ but IMHO is the best geocaching application out there. The supportfor it is awesome.

I use GSAK(geocaching swiss army knife) it helps me to keep both my GPS and my Pocket PC synched with the same info. I can then export my info back to GSAK and keep up to date with log notes and whatnot. GSAK is 25$ but IMHO is the best geocaching application out there. The supportfor it is awesome.

I have GSAK on trial, but I have been loading the PQ data onto my Axim by putting the files in my sync folder.....is there another way?

I would say I'm a veteran user of GPXSonar and a newbie user of Cachemate. I use GSAK with custom macro's to export gpx files based on geographical area's using appropriate names. I transfer these to the PDA in Zipped format. For GPXSonar, that's all that's required. I launch GPXSonar and open the applicable zip file. In cachemate. i have to import the file into the applicable database once before I can use it.

This means that for Cachemate, i only have to load the file once and it's readily available by selecting the database for the area I'm in, take 15-20 seconds. I'm told 1200-1500 caches n a cachemate database makes it cranky too.

GPXSonar gets cranky after 500-600 caches and becomes slow loading the zip files(I'm using version 1.5) and you have to load the files each time you change area's, a bit of a pain to say the least.

With my custom macro's I can generate and load cache data for my PDA and GPS in about 10 minutes for my home province.

GSAK rocks!!

I have GSAK on trial, but I have been loading the PQ data onto my Axim by putting the files in my sync folder.....is there another way?

I download the PQ and save it. Then I open the PQ file in GSAK. With GSAK I edit, delete, and filter the data as necessary and when I'm ready export what I want in my PDA to a GPX/LOC file. This is the file I send to my Sync folder which will end up in GPXsonar.