What's the easiest quickest way to paperless cache?

Super-T

Well, it looks like I need to find a way to replace the functionality of mobipocket.

I want something that will put the information from the cache pages, onto a mobile 5.0 based PDA/Phone.

Preferably from a gpx style file such as those provided by PQ's.

I have heard cachemate recommended, but can only find a single screenshot of this program, and all that shows is a list of the names of the caches, which isn't what I want.

CAN this program put a copy of the basic information from a cache onto the PDA in a way that will enable me to get back to paperless caching as quickly as possible?

Basically what I want to know is the quickest easiest solution for getting those cache page details onto a pda, with the minimum amount of work for me, and will cachemate do it?

Cachemate is it............mate. :rolleyes:

http://65.34.18.106/content.php?article.15

Thanks for that.

They could have done themselves some favours by giving a few more screenshots etc on their webpage.

Well, I just ran the shareware version, it seems to be what I need and want, so I'm just awaiting the arrival of my registration code via email.

Looks to me as though it will do all that mobipocket did anyway, and maybe a bit more as well by the look of it, so I'm happy - mobireader or not (the search feature in mobireader was a pain to use, and finding the decrypted clues even more so. Looks like this may well do all I want and more - if they'd just hurry up and send that darned code.

GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) Export to Cachemate. Couldn't get easier than that. :rolleyes:

MobiPocket was a real pain to use compared to Cachemate.

Also, the last time I visited the Smittyware site, it had a graphic in the upper right-hand corner that showed the different screens in Cachemate that you see on your Palm. There is even a way you can take the information on the "Log" screen back into GSAK after you return from your caching adventure. :huh:

Why wouldn't Garmin, Delorme or ? just allow us to download directly to our GPSr's. That would be the most efficient and one-stop-shop. Technically I would think it is very do-able!

Actually you can download caches directly to Garmin GPSr's using the Garmin Communicator plugin for IE. All you get is the cache waypoint and nothing else. There are other programs such as GSAK which allow you to download the hints and other details to you GPSr.