GPX down loading to DeskTop

Clodbuster 2

I do not know how, why or when it started doing this. I am guessing I went looking at something and changed the address to load right to GSAK. Any one out there have the same problem? Please I do not like all the Desk Top clutter. Help Help Help :huh:

I'm a bit confused about what exactly is happening, and what you want to happen in this case. All I know for sure is that it sounds like you're downloading gpx files and they are ending up on your desktop.

Could you post a little more about what you are trying to accomplish?

Thanks.

I do not know how, why or when it started doing this. I am guessing I went looking at something and changed the address to load right to GSAK. Any one out there have the same problem? Please I do not like all the Desk Top clutter. Help Help Help :rolleyes:

I'm a bit confused about what exactly is happening, and what you want to happen in this case. All I know for sure is that it sounds like you're downloading gpx files and they are ending up on your desktop.

Thanks.

When I started using the GPX files they loaded right into GSAK, then geocaching.com did some up grading, GSAK did some up grading and the GPX files are now loading into the Desk Top. I have tried a couple of things to get them back into GSAK but it fails and reverts back to the Desk Top. :huh: I think the problem is in the geocaching.com end because when I click on the GPX eXchange, on the page, it goes to GC???? and the address is to the desk top. I gives you the choice of "OPEN" or "Remove". I know this does not make much sense but. I'll do some reading and try and send an e-mail(where do I send it) to you so you can see the screens.

Clodbuster 2

Which browser do you use? In my browser, when I click on the .gpx button on a cache page, it gives me the option to Open, but it also give me the option to "Save." That is what I click. From that button, I can "Navigate" the hard drive to save the file where I want to. After I save it in that location, it remembers and I don't have to "Navigate" the next time I save a .gpx file.

The .gpx files that come through email from Pocket Queries automatically go into the "Attach" folder under my Eudora email client folder.

I do not know how, why or when it started doing this. I am guessing I went looking at something and changed the address to load right to GSAK. Any one out there have the same problem? Please I do not like all the Desk Top clutter. Help Help Help :rolleyes:

Thanks.

When I started using the GPX files they loaded right into GSAK, then geocaching.com did some up grading, GSAK did some up grading and the GPX files are now loading into the Desk Top. I have tried a couple of things to get them back into GSAK but it fails and reverts back to the Desk Top. :huh: I think the problem is in the geocaching.com end because when I click on the GPX eXchange, on the page, it goes to GC???? and the address is to the desk top. I gives you the choice of "OPEN" or "Remove". I know this does not make much sense but. I'll do some reading and try and send an e-mail(where do I send it) to you so you can see the screens.

Clodbuster 2

Are you running pocket queries?