Newbie with question

gr85z

I am new to geocaching and have a couple of finds but am using my nuvi 350 which doesn't make it much fun since I don't want to drop it or anything. But I want a handheld that has topo maps with it since I really don't need the streets since I have my nuvi. Any suggestions. Want to try and stay under $200 if possible.

Thanks

I am new to geocaching and have a couple of finds but am using my nuvi 350 which doesn't make it much fun since I don't want to drop it or anything. But I want a handheld that has topo maps with it since I really don't need the streets since I have my nuvi. Any suggestions. Want to try and stay under $200 if possible.

Thanks

I have a Nuvi 350 also and you right, it's not made for geocaching. Take a look at the Garmin Venture with the Adventure Pack (topo maps). I've seen it new on Ebay for under 200$.

Good luck and have fun!

Be forewarned that you will likely have to pay around a hundred dollars for topo software in addition to the GPS. They are usually sold separately.

Actually, he can get Garmin Topo 2008 for around $60. In addition, he could get Legend (B&W) for $125. That is $185 for the whole package. Now, he is not going ot be able to load a whole bunch of maps, but that will get him started.