TB

patsu

I'd hold off a bit before doing anything. It's possible that somebody just recently dropped the bug in the cache, and haven't yet had an opportunity to record the drop.

Thats what I was thinking. I'll wait a few days see if they record it.

thanks for the help.

yeah, I'd hold it a few days before logging. I just recently dropped a bunch of bugs that would take me a few days to log the drop as I was out of town and didn't have access to a computer to log them. I wrote a note in the logs to give me to a specific date to log the drops. Worked good. I'd recommend if you can't log a bug drop for a few days to leave a note in the log or with a bug as to when you will be able to log it.

I'm holding onto two coins and a bug, none of which have been logged yet. Will give them a few days to log the drops before sending the last person to have it an email to see if they can log the drop, they may have forgotten too. So see who had it last and send them a message. :huh:

yea i wish i would have read this a week ago ... i found a tb in a cache that wasn't listed... and there are about 3-5 other tb,s listed in caches in the area that are missing so i figured it was a missing one and grabbed it from another user before he could log it.. and he was kinda mad at me... im a newbie and thats the worst that i have done so far.... i guess i learn from my mistakes :huh:

yea i wish i would have read this a week ago ... i found a tb in a cache that wasn't listed... and there are about 3-5 other tb,s listed in caches in the area that are missing so i figured it was a missing one and grabbed it from another user before he could log it.. and he was kinda mad at me... im a newbie and thats the worst that i have done so far.... i guess i learn from my mistakes :lol:

To avoid this situation I always leave a note in the cache's log of what I took and dropped. I also read the previous logs to be sure I give a previous drop time to log. If there is no log of the dropped TB within the previous week, I'll log it on the web site as taken assuming the individual who dropped it did so at least a week earlier. If the cache's logbook indicates the TB was dropped within a week, I'll monitor for about a week before logging the find.