PDA & Windows Vista?

travis71

I believe a Palm M500, which is the PDA I have, would work. Check the Palm site for their updated Palm Desktop software. I believe they updated it to work with Windows Vista . . . I just wish it was compatible with Window XP Media Edition . . . :huh:

Thanks for the info Mir! Looks like there is a beta out for the M500 & Vista OS.

Anyone else with a suggested model?

I use a Palm m125 with Vista. So far everything works, but there are a few features of the software end that won't work quite right.

You won't waste your money on an old Palm with Vista as your OS, you will be able to use it with the newest version of Palm Desktop. There may be a few issues that pop up, but there should be a way around them.

Pretty much any Palm would work, but I would recommend getting one with USB connectivity, like the m500 or a m125. Serial ports are on the way out fast and using converters sometimes turns into a problem of it's own.

:huh: I use a T5 with Vista and the new Palm Beta desktop. Even though it is stated that the T5 is not supported by the Beta, it works. I can transfer both programs and data files successfully. So, if you want to be 100% certain of the PDA to purchase, go with the listing provided for the Palm Desktop Beta. But be advised that there could be PDAs with better features that could work.

Good luck