Are the King Tut Treasure Tour caches being archived?

HaLiJuSaPa

One week from today, my wife and I are going down to Philly for the day to see the Tut exhibit. We intend to check at least a couple of caches on the Tut Treasure Tour. I know we won't get to all of them as we are only going to be able to be there for the day and some of them are inside facilities with limited hours.

I was wondering, does anyone know if they're planning to archive the caches on the tour that didn't exist previously (I know that (for example) the "Anne Rice - The Mummy Cache" is from 2003 and would probably stay) after the 9/23 closing event (or perhaps after the exhibit itself leaves for London on 9/30)? It would be a shame as it looks like a great walking tour of the city we could do in the future, as Philadelphia is certainly not that far from NY. I realize that if you do them after the Tut tour itself you probably won't get the "merchant reward" at the Egypt-a-delphia cache if you've done all 12, but it would be a shame to see them all go.

Please let us know, thanks.

Edited by HaLiJuSaPa

HMM, no response. Well, we surprised ourselves and acctually ended up getting to 5 of them (but only found 4, we counted the mural one as a DNF since we didn't find the micro). Would've actually gone after a 6th one but the Masonic Temple was closed.

My belief after reading the gophila site is that they are going to be archived.

HMM, no response. Well, we surprised ourselves and acctually ended up getting to 5 of them (but only found 4, we counted the mural one as a DNF since we didn't find the micro). Would've actually gone after a 6th one but the Masonic Temple was closed.

My belief after reading the gophila site is that they are going to be archived.

Oh that's too bad, though the site may not be the be-all-and-end-all. The "Ancient Wall Painting" (the mural one we didn't find) is just a virtual if you're going for the 12 stamps but there's an actual micro (we didn't find) that's the cache, so I wonder if at least that one (like "Anne Rice's The Mummy" cache) or any of the ones that are not inside buildings (like "Egyptian Jewels") will stay. Thanks for your response!

Anne Rice's Mummy was not actually part of the King Tut tour, but the ower did a good job of hooking into the tour. I'm sure that one will remain. (We enjoyed that one!) There is a 'final' event for the Tut tour. I'm guesing that they will be archivd thereafter.

Yeah, that's why I noted it, I knew it was there since 2003 so it somehow got "added" to the tour; so I'm almost certain that one won't be gone. We enjoyed that one too!