Expensive TB's

The Amigos

I have seen all kinds of TB's, some are cute, some are ugly, some are personal, some are junk!

But lately, I've been seeing some pretty expensive TB's, since folks have started putting TB tags on their vehicles.

I'm kind of curious, what's the most expensive vehicle TB you've owned, seen, or discovered?

What would you consider too expensive for a TB (just a realistic dollar figure, please)?

It all depends. I know that "The Grand Traveler" TB14Q14 which we put out cost about 18-20 after tax. That was our most expensive one. As for what we have found / discovered / seen most TBs tend to be on the inexpensive side of things. Although not really a travel bug I think that most geocoins also have between a $10 - 15 price tag on them. I don't think cost really matters as long as you are having fun and hopefully putting out things that are unique! :huh:

Edited by The_Geomonkeys

Rupert2,

I've just got to ask what the thought was behind making a Gomco into a TB, "Making the Cut!". Were you trying to raise awareness, show off an interesting tool that does horrible things, or just get something that awful out of the house? :laughing: Either way, you've given me an idea for a new travel bug. Something that never would have come into existance without things like that tool.

By the way, how would that tool fall into the "No Weapons in geocaches" thing?

Edited by Double Agents

This is the most expensive TB I've owned. Has cost me over $2000 just in the past month... Worth every penny, though.

If you're reaaaally curious and are wondering why so much $$$ recently you can find out by reading the most recent entry in my livejournal. Sorry, I'd post about it here but I'm just too tired of repeating the story as I am a member of a bunch of sites and have been trying to keep everyone updated.

Another view of one EXPENSIVE TB! Hope you like the pics! Ran into a snag, though, so it may not make it to our event. When dino'd, it didn't have the HP it should have had, so back to the shop. Down's MFG built it! Engine built by John Barrett, Interior by KRIS customs. More pics to come! lol

IMG_2264.jpg

Edited by The Amigos

Another view of one EXPENSIVE TB! Hope you like the pics! Ran into a snag, though, so it may not make it to our event. When dino'd, it didn't have the HP it should have had, so back to the shop. Down's MFG built it! Engine built by John Barrett, Interior by KRIS customs. More pics to come! lol

TEASE!!!!! :D:)

TEASE!!!!! :D:)

Who, ME!!!!!!?? NEVER!! lol

I just thought it would be fun to post it a little at a time, kind of the way it's been built!

When it's all said and done, there's not much that this car won't have, or be capable of. It's been awesome watching it being built. I sure was hoping we would be able to premiere it at our Event, though, but unless they can fix the HP soon, that won't be happening. It's supposed to run 450HP, but didn't when they dino'd it, so back to the shop it went!

How about another pic for a tease??!!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!! :shocked:

Italian Leather, and can you believe, there will be TWO matching booster seats covered in the same leather for his twin grandsons!

Too bad we found out today the chances of it being here for our Event are just about nil. DANG!!!! :o

We sure were hoping to show "The World's Most Expensive Travel Bug"!! (As far as we know, it will be!!) :D

More pics to come!! lol

I estimate this TB's value at approx. $21,000 (when it was new):

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TBYTFH

That's awesome! One of these days........ lol :D

Too bad I didn't think of it sooner! We passed through Abilene last year at this time on the way back from Fiesta. Had the TB with us (except of course it wasn't a TB yet). Next year we'll probably pass through again!

Is anyone out there ready for a WHOLE picture of what we think is probably THE MOST EXPENSIVE TRAVEL BUG YET????

Well........I guess I will quit teasing now!!

HERE IT IS!!!!!! Cost...............Somewhere above $100,000. He won't tell us for sure! He just says it's his PLAYTOY!

What do you think of this!!!????

Completdcar3.jpg

I am hooked on these travel bugs and other trackables. I see the posts for the most expensive travel bug to be someones vehicle, or even a hot air balloon (WOW! :laughing: ). How likely is it that one of these people would leave one of these travel bugs at a cache and then walk away from it knowing some other cachers will help it move the rest of the journey?

What I am still wondering is about the most expensive travel bug released out into the wild... trusting other people not to keep it and to just travel.

I don't know about value, but one travel bug that I thought was simply priceless is: (TBFCA2) Travlin Man

I am hooked on these travel bugs and other trackables. I see the posts for the most expensive travel bug to be someones vehicle, or even a hot air balloon (WOW! :huh: ). How likely is it that one of these people would leave one of these travel bugs at a cache and then walk away from it knowing some other cachers will help it move the rest of the journey?

What I am still wondering is about the most expensive travel bug released out into the wild... trusting other people not to keep it and to just travel.

I don't know about value, but one travel bug that I thought was simply priceless is: (TBFCA2) Travlin Man

I saw That TB (TBFCA2) Travlin Man and I have to agree with you. Plus it was in what would have made an excellent cache container :laughing: