New City Nav 2008 - Worth the upgrade cost?

mowfixer

I have an ique 3200 and have a copy of the 2008 map upgrade. Unfortunately I don't qualify for the free upgrade so will have to pay $75 for the upgrade. I currently have the 2006 version installed.

Are the maps improved enough between versions to warrant the upgrade cost? My 2006 seems accurate in most all cases and I drive constantly using it everywhere I go. I have seen a few cases where I was on a new road and the Garmin thought I was driving in a field or something.

I've been using cityselect version 6 for years and its suits most of my needs. Ocassional missed roads or reroutings are the worst but dont ever really effect anything important. The business names would be the only real problem and I've had it lead me to long closed movie theaters in florida.

But for me, 60csx was my 2nd unlock and they will not upgrade to the second unit so I'm forced to buy a full priced version... I wont do it..in fact. My next GPS will be in my next cell phone.. Googles maps will aways be up to date.

I would have paid 75 bucks to upgrade but not 120. I'll be using my 60scx for offroad when my new gps enabled cell phone gets here.

I have an ique 3200 and have a copy of the 2008 map upgrade. Unfortunately I don't qualify for the free upgrade so will have to pay $75 for the upgrade. I currently have the 2006 version installed.

Are the maps improved enough between versions to warrant the upgrade cost? My 2006 seems accurate in most all cases and I drive constantly using it everywhere I go. I have seen a few cases where I was on a new road and the Garmin thought I was driving in a field or something.