Visat HCX and GSAK Problem?

phiscocks

I have noticed this problem also. I ended up just switching back to the 10 characters because it is not that big of a deal to me. I think that we need to adjust the settings in GSAK and the HCX in order to make it work.

I've tried to adjust GSAK to send more characters but it didn't seem to make a difference. I'm wondering if there is something different with the new H models vs. the older models.

How many characters can a 60 take for example?

Those versions of GSAK/GPSBabel were around before the H units shipped so they don't include the knowledge that those models support the longer names.

It'll be fixed in a future version.

The comment thing is something else; the unit just plain doesn't hold as many as the size of the window makes you think it'll hold. Edit it by hand and see if you can fill it. If you can, then we need to revisit that limit in the code, too.

Those versions of GSAK/GPSBabel were around before the H units shipped so they don't include the knowledge that those models support the longer names.

It'll be fixed in a future version.

The comment thing is something else; the unit just plain doesn't hold as many as the size of the window makes you think it'll hold. Edit it by hand and see if you can fill it. If you can, then we need to revisit that limit in the code, too.

Yes. Further research shows that the notes field ony accepts 30 characters despite having the appearance of more space. It would be nice to have a few more characters but oh well.

Hopefully having more than 10 in the name field will be updated too.

Thanks,