how do i create a poll forum post?

halhal

So I submit a new topic for discussion, (the one about YAPIDKA being in the geocaching glossary). I see now there is the option to make a poll. I get the feeling from what I've read that it's a per forum option that the moderators control. Does this forum section allow polls? Perhaps one thread can be a discussion and another a poll? At any rate, how can I make my discussion become a poll for TPTB (The Powers That Be) to see the WOTP (Will Of The People :-).

Hal

Edited by halhal

I think reactivating this feature should be considered. Every site that has polls has occasionally stupid ones, but they also have stupid threads sometimes. Several topics have come up in the recent past that would have made very good poll topics, such as the thread on how much people use hints and logs to find a cache.

Thank you for that info. Now that I know about the FAQ, I'll look at it more often. I did do a search for "start poll" in the search window, but I didn't see any meaningful results. I certainly can understand not wanting the feature enabled for all users. Is there a formal method to request a poll question be asked? Hal

I think reactivating this feature should be considered. Every site that has polls has occasionally stupid ones, but they also have stupid threads sometimes. Several topics have come up in the recent past that would have made very good poll topics, such as the thread on how much people use hints and logs to find a cache.

Agree - things like, "do you read the description/log/hint prior to caching" would be better served as a poll.

I did the happy dance,yupi3ti.gif the day those dreaded forum polls were staked in heart. They were absolutely obnoxious. Everybody and his dog thought they had to come up with a poll question, just because the option was there. After about the hundredth poll asking if you liked polls, you wanted to put out a contract on someone. Even those who came up with a legitimate question, often couldn't resist adding at least one "cutsie" response.

Let's not let one back out of its coffin.