Cachemate and Cache Logs

krinks

I see posts here and there saying that paperless cachers using Cachemate have looked at past logs on their PDAs. I think I might be missing something, but it seems that Cachemate does not load logs into the files on my Palm Treo 90. Maybe I'm just not paying attention to something, but if someone could tell me how to get past logs in the GPX file and onto my PDA, I'd appreciate it. Sometimes it DOES come in handy, and I wouldn't mind being able to do it.

Thanks

I see posts here and there saying that paperless cachers using Cachemate have looked at past logs on their PDAs. I think I might be missing something, but it seems that Cachemate does not load logs into the files on my Palm Treo 90. Maybe I'm just not paying attention to something, but if someone could tell me how to get past logs in the GPX file and onto my PDA, I'd appreciate it. Sometimes it DOES come in handy, and I wouldn't mind being able to do it.

Thanks

The logs are in the gpx file that is created by the PQ and emailed to you as a .zip file.

In gsak you can see the last four logs in the database view (you can choose what is in the view) on the screen. When you choose to export "Cachemate PDB file..." you get those logs by default. Then using hotsync to the PDA, the info in the PDB file is imported into Cachmate on the PDA device and is thus viewable there.

You get the decoded hint, overview, description, logs, diff/terr.......all kinds of useful info.

Edited by Team Cotati

OK...color me stupid... :)

When you go to import the GPX file to Cachemate's File Converter, the popup window has an option for "Cache Logs" over on the right side. It'll let me include the number of logs in the cache.

Seems I must've... kinda... overlooked... it...? :)

All's well... carry on... nothing to see...

I've seen that and have it marked to show 5 past logs, but still I have nothing on my PDA. Sigh. Any more suggestions?.

Are you looking under past logs or in the cache description area? Also are you using info from a PQ, a loc file or a gpx file download? Also what program are you using to create the pdb file?