How Do you Cancel Premium Membership?

Corez

Hey folks. I just moved to a place where there's not too many caches, so I want to cancel my premium membership. I'm on the monthly $3 plan. I've looked and looked and looked and I can't find any button to get Groundspeak to stop taking $3 from my account every month!

Any ideas? Thanks. :)

Hey folks. I just moved to a place where there's not too many caches, so I want to cancel my premium membership. I'm on the monthly $3 plan. I've looked and looked and looked and I can't find any button to get Groundspeak to stop taking $3 from my account every month!

If you would like to cancel your PayPal subscription, you will need to log in to your PayPal account. A PayPal subscription can be canceled up until the day of the next scheduled payment.

To cancel a renewing PayPal Subscription:

1. Log in to your PayPal account

2. Click on the History subtab

3. Choose the Subscriptions field from the Show drop-down menu

4. Check the From box and change the date back 2 years (or approximately the date you created your subscription)

5. Click Search

6. To view the details of a specific Subscription Creation, click Details in the Details column

7. At the bottom of this page, click Cancel Subscription

8. On the confirmation page, click Confirm.

ick... i've found myself in a similar predicament... i just received an email stating that my gc.com membership has just been renewed... except now i am at college once again, so i will not have use for a membership, at least until winter break. is there any way to be refunded for this month? i'll go through the paypal steps that d3c1b3l listed and cancel the subscription now, but having those three bucks back would be incredibly nice... when you're a college student, laundry money is hard to come by! :lol:

Are you sure you don't want to retain the "caches on a route", bookmarks, and other capabilities for your road trips?

Sadly I'm now a student now and need a little extra beer money (I have a blocked nose, so laundry can wait).

Glad I found these instructions, and I understand that with paypal subscriptions it's easier/best to cancel from paypal's site. But I do think it should be made clearer how to cancel your subscription, I was one step away from sending an angry message to GC.

P.S. I hope to subscribe again in the summer, or now and then to update my surrounding cache files (one home, one uni).

P.P.S. I just checked the currency conversion, it's exactly the cost of laundry washing & drying, or a pint of expensive beer/cider.

Edited by LastGrape