Help our history! Follow the Quilt Trail

T"n"T

We are so happy to inroduce our new series. This one is kinda my baby. The idea of something to help this great program started a while back. After working on a few coins, I thought why not put the two together. We have added to the experience by placing a cache at each Quilt location.

This will be a beautifully colored set of coins that will raise funds to help maintain a great program that brings an awareness and respect for our local history and traditions. Learn more at Follow the Quilt Trail.

We will be releasing two coins every other month, starting with the first two being released in just a few days. We are in final process of picking metals. And placing first order.

The basics: custom iconed, trackable, 1.75" 3.5mm square coins done in hard enamal with antique finishes.

Allandalefinal-postsize.jpg

AppFairfinal-postsize.jpg

Links will be added when ready to open, hopefully this weekend.

Any comments?? Dare I ask. :)

To answer a few of the questions posted.

Yes, since the caches will be at the site of the quilt patterns, they are on over a hundred barns and local merchant farms throughout the area, so some are far off the beaten path. one of the next releases will be at a homestead site of a Revolutionary soldier that settled the area in 1777, the original cabin still stands there today.

The caches will have a FTF prize of a one of a kind coin for the finder.

We are still narowing down the exacts on coin run. At this point it is looking like a XLE of 40 coins, 2 LE's of about 75 or so, and a RE that will have remints as needed. Price will be between $10 and $12 shipping included.

Some of the location that house a gift shop or museum will be doing coin sales at their locations also.

As far as how many coins. Like I said there are over hundred in the Barn series, some of which are not even up on the site yet. We plan on a release every other month of two coins. So how many, not really sure. The designs that are out there have great colors and patterns that lead themselves so well for a coin.

Keep watching for updates.

Edited by T"n"T

Oh, I love it! I bought an antique quilt here at an Auction in VA in August.

I think your designs are lovely!

I'm working of my PA Roots... :) I'm designing a Pennsylvania Dutch Hex Geocoin

for my 2008 Valentine. I love the Hex signs!

Ooooo, pretty! Love quilts!

Also love the Pennsylvania Dutch hex signs. See my stained glass pattern book of hex signs!

I'll be interested in both (quilts and hex signs)!

The idea of something to help this great program started a while back.

Are you helping by increasing the awareness of the web site, or are you also contributing some amount of your profit to the organization as well?

Will each quilt have its own icon, or will the set share a common icon?

The answers to these questions will determine how many I purchase. B)

--Marky

The idea of something to help this great program started a while back.

Are you helping by increasing the awareness of the web site, or are you also contributing some amount of your profit to the organization as well?

Will each quilt have its own icon, or will the set share a common icon?

--Marky

It is to help with both the awareness and the funds to maintain project. It is set to depend on nymber sold. The first 250 coins will have $1 go to project and $2 for each coin after that.

The series will share a common Icon.

I like the Stars over Tennesee best!

My Aunt Verbie in Missouri is like 87 and she hand stitches 5 quilts during the winter...when I was there she handed me one of them...I was amazed and Oh how much work goes into them...Her little fingers are crooked and ache from the years of quilting. For these ladies it is their true passion and this is a great coin to pay a small tribute to the quilters that put hours and hours into these...

She worked out the hourly wage of an average quilt that she may sell and it worked out to be .17 per hour!!!!!!!!!

She then brought out 2 for me to choose from...the other was a wedding ring quilt, for anyone who may know what one of those is...It was amazing!!! She wanted us to buy it 150.00...we gave her 200.00 and it wasnt even half what it was worth!

One is on our bed up North and the other is safely tucked away till we can make use of the Wedding ring quilt...Ya know!

I should take a pic of them and post em...They are the coolest...especially being from Aunt Verbie who I could go on and on about...really! :D

Order is in and we are awaiting these in. Sorry for the delays, we were trying to allow as many people as wanted to get their orders in and it set us behind. They should be to us in a short time and packages are getting ready now so shipping will happen quickly. Thanks

Half the coins got here yesterday. Have packages ready and going to stalk the mailman in the morning to get the other half. Will get them to post Saturday. Hope they get out in time otherwise they will sit till Monday. But they should all find nice homes this week.

Finally!!!!!!!All quilt coins have been shipped as of last Weds. You all should be getting them if not already recieved. We have the next two coins at mint working on art now. They should be two very fun patterns. And will get them up for you all to see shortly.

I have a quilt that is now over 100 years Old.

Actually several.

My grandmother spent almost all of her life sewing quilts by hand.

We even gave one away here one year for a CITO contest.

She still hand sews them at 92.

I was talking with her the other day at her 92nd Birthday and asked her if she knew about how many toes she has kept warm over the many years.

She has no idea but in the thousands she says.

I still keep my toes warm with one of them.

The coins and project are a really great idea.