Bad trade items

I've seen a themed cache of McToys - I left some still in the wrappers (some of those are or will be worth $$ one day as collectors' items).

By and large I don't like McToys but I can appreciate that kids like them - so if they are clean, that's fair, IMO - just they should be traded evenly or traded up.

I've cleaned a lot of moldy junk out of caches too. Sometimes I think the item may have been in good condition when placed there, but leaky containers ruin them etc.

My kids (teens) have seen stuff they've wanted in caches, and if they didn't bring things to trade, they have to leave it there. We usually carry decent swag - I hit the dollar store and other places regularly for good stuff, and I get promotional items from my vendors (tshirts and things) that I've left for swag too.

I don't always trade - like others, for me it's about the hunt - but I do carry swag because every now and then I see something in a cache that I'd like to have so I'm prepared to barter for it.

Jenn

OK I just had to add my two penn'orth to this one.

I recently visited a local cache and opened it up, once I regained consciousness, I looked to see what the foul stink was......

A starfish placed by the previous visitor!!!

Once upon a time, even perhaps when he left it there it was dried, however he omitted to consider that dried or not it was still a FREAKIN' DEAD ANIMAL which in the not quite air and watertight container had started to absorb moisture and decompose...................PHEW !!!! :unsure:

Adding in my half penny of a thought here ..

Trackables and coins are GREAT to find

i have found lots of junk but usually we make a call on if we want to leave something

we pretty much usually trade even .

Mc Toys, got to admit some of the cooler things we've collected have been Mc toys so i'm all for them

most of the time it's all dollar store crap.

BUT ... it think my main point has to be (especially here in FL)

it's actually nice to find something that ain't a Micro cache once in a while .. even if you can't trade in it !

Next week i plan on putting out 8 large caches ... 6 X 50 cal ammo cans and 2 large tupperwares..

figuring on at least 6 items per cache .. 48 items to place in caches... even at dollar store prices this can get expensive !!

So small items .. even crap can be cool !

I am not really worried about it or saying that you are wrong. I know that at least one cachers leaves inert rounds in caches. I cant remember who it is, but have read about it before. Maybe they arent real primers. I dont remember. Honestly, i dont care either way. I mean, i am not going to leave them in caches!

If they are going to leave something maybe they should leave a whole box. :unsure:

Hey! At the cost of 9mm these days, that would be a nice find! :blink:

I don't know about every one else but I'm sick of people leaving crummy trade items in my caches. I know that there needs to be some leaniansy about trde items bet when people a putting things like chewd gum, beat up puzzel pieces (one piece), even used tooth brushes! It goes a littel to far espicialy when their traiding these crummy items for some pretty nice things! I filled one of my caches with some pretty neat things and now it's filled with worthless junk <_< !!!

GRRRRR.... Right with ya, right sock brother !!!! I'm the left sock [puppet] and it TICKS ME OFF!!!! What really makes me want to kick puppies is when cachers leave DICTIONARIES in my caches! Like we'd ever use one! HA! Grammar is for sissies! Even worse....? Posting about "filling my caches with neat things" when they DON'T EVEN HAVE A CACHE FIND...LET ALONE A HIDE!!!

:lol:

I agree with you, I hate it when I do a check up on my caches and find nothing but broken junk. But, I just restock it, and move on. But what bugs me even more than that is people that don't use spell check before posting, when they KNOW they need it!

Is there a way to put spell check in a cache ? I know could use it .

There does not seem to be a spell check in this forum . I might use it if I knew where it was .

Thanks

Ps I also have no idea how the add fotos to my threadz .

There are people out there who don't respect the creed (www.geocreed.info), you will find them in every group. :anibad: When we are out and find broken items or trash in a cache we remove it and replace with better trade stuff. Making it more enjoyable for the next seeker.

I have had this happen to me. There was a Pinball game CD in the cache. I even got excited when I found it. When I opened it at home - it was empty. Errrrrr!

I agree!! Someone left me a poker chip(and took something nice). I found a diaper (unused) in a cache.

Actually, I've been thinking that a disposable diaper would be a good thing to leave in a cache that had gotten damp.

Find a wet cache, wrap the contents in a diaper to dry them off. If it was a one time leak (e.g. someone closed the container poorly), once the the moisture is absorbed the diaper can be thrown away. If it is a chronic problem, it would help "lock away the moisture" until the owner can do maintenance. Although, sanitary napkins would be more compact to keep handy for this situation.

But I wouldn't consider a diaper that's been sitting in a grimy box good as a trade item. Who would put that on their kid?