loc2exl

sakis

Hi to all

Is there a way to convert the .loc file to Windows Excel .exl file?

Thanks in advance

sakis

A .loc file is a txt file with keywords - I have written VBA code in Excel to read gpx files (similar to loc) and arrange the data in columns. Another way would be to open it with another program (like Mapsend for Explorist) and save it in a more useable format.

Explain a bit more what you want to do with the data and we might be able to help more.

Hi to all

Is there a way to convert the .loc file to Windows Excel .exl file?

Thanks in advance

sakis

A .loc file is a txt file with keywords - I have written VBA code in Excel to read gpx files (similar to loc) and arrange the data in columns. Another way would be to open it with another program (like Mapsend for Explorist) and save it in a more useable format.

Explain a bit more what you want to do with the data and we might be able to help more.

I use MapInfo software to create maps and data for maps.If i can convert the .loc file or the .gpx file to .exl i can load them as an additional data to my maps.The goal is to put the cordinations in to columns

sakis

I have sent an Excel file to the location below. If it does not open email me. Open the file and click on the CommandButton 'Collect7All' - it will prompt you for a gpx file and then import that file into the spreadsheet.

http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/lombard...PocketQuery.zip

This spreadsheet was developed to read pocket queries of geocaches and split them into groups of <200, which is the limit for Explorist 500s. I have not changed it at all, so it might be a bit rough and ready (or not work for you).

I have sent an Excel file to the location below. If it does not open email me. Open the file and click on the CommandButton 'Collect7All' - it will prompt you for a gpx file and then import that file into the spreadsheet.

http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/lombard...PocketQuery.zip

This spreadsheet was developed to read pocket queries of geocaches and split them into groups of <200, which is the limit for Explorist 500s. I have not changed it at all, so it might be a bit rough and ready (or not work for you).

Thank you

let me try it and i will inform you for the result

sakis

I use MapInfo software to create maps and data for maps.If i can convert the .loc file or the .gpx file to .exl i can load them as an additional data to my maps.The goal is to put the cordinations in to columns

sakis

Sakis, I have used GPSBabel to convert the GPX file to .csv (Comma Separated Values). Excel can open CSV files. The coordinates are changed into decimal degree format during the conversion to CSV. I then bring the CSV into ArcMap and have the software place points based on the coordinates in the CSV file. You could probably use the same procedure for MapInfo.