How to spot a Cacher...

Jonovich

Yup! Easy spot. Man with nothing better to do than stare at concrete and metal. Oh and there's the silver tie with a pale blue shirt - dead giveaway.

Other than that, blends in with his surroundings perfectly

;);)

Actually, he is a council operative employed to round up stray geocachers. :D

I want him to own up in the forum! :D

He must have been employed by Groundspeak to restock all the caches Jeremy may visit whilst he is in the UK

<laughs at the thought of Jeremy going back to the States convinced that all UK caches are in spotless snap-loc boxes, and full of 1st class swaps - like the Queen's convinced that the UK smells of paint>

He must have been employed by Groundspeak to restock all the caches Jeremy may visit whilst he is in the UK

<laughs at the thought of Jeremy going back to the States convinced that all UK caches are in spotless snap-loc boxes, and full of 1st class swaps - like the Queen's convinced that the UK smells of paint>

Easily spotted by Muggles wanting to know what the hell Geocaching is as well if you as me.

Each to their own I guess, personally I'm of the like to be unnoticed type who doesn't encourage muggles, much prefering to be left alone to get on with it type approach. Unless I'm specifically asked and dependant on whether I like the look of/attitude of the person asking I tend to use the stealthy 'mind your own business attitude'......Probably get slated for that now I suppose? :laughing:

Edited by osman123

All of us will have a pen or pencil (we are geocachers right?) so just take a small notepad. If anyone should ask "Hello, what an earth are you doing?" "Hi, we're from the National Fence / Metal Pole / Wooden Bench / Stop Sign* (swap where applicable) Society and we're just doing a survey.

They'll think you're so uber nerdy they'll leave you alone but believe you and should they believe you, just pad it out and pretend you're in one of your old school drama lessons and improvise!! :laughing:

Easily spotted by Muggles wanting to know what the hell Geocaching is as well if you as me.

I think the idea is, in an urban environment, you are less likely to get asked what you are doing if you look official - and wearing a Hi-Viz makes it look like you're having to adhere to a list of health and safety requirements and thus - official.

J

I think the idea is, in an urban environment, you are less likely to get asked what you are doing if you look official - and wearing a Hi-Viz makes it look like you're having to adhere to a list of health and safety requirements and thus - official.

J

Don't forget the hard hat, clipboard and an air of total bordom at being sent out on such a rediculous mission.

Might have to keep these items in theback of the car as camo for the next time I have to find a "you can park right next to it" cache.

Cust.

Wondered if it was one of our esteemed Cache publishers/moderators out doing a spot check on a cache... :D

You'd be surprised at the No of times I've actually been asked that :D in one case featuring a cache which had a minor issue [resolved via email] and the cache was enabled and published 10 minutes later :). The owner when querying this point did state that he/she was surprised that I was able to get to the cache location so quickly from North Wales :) when the cache was well over an hours travel away from North Wales [that covers thousands of caches :) so you've no chance of working it out :D]

You'll find that if you stick on a Hi Vis vest/jacket in a urban environment, people get wheelchairiitis :D [you become invisible and they try and walk through you]

Wondered if it was one of our esteemed Cache publishers/moderators out doing a spot check on a cache... ;)

You'd be surprised at the No of times I've actually been asked that ;) in one case featuring a cache which had a minor issue [resolved via email] and the cache was enabled and published 10 minutes later ;). The owner when querying this point did state that he/she was surprised that I was able to get to the cache location so quickly from North Wales ;) when the cache was well over an hours travel away from North Wales [that covers thousands of caches :( so you've no chance of working it out ;)]

You'll find that if you stick on a Hi Vis vest/jacket in a urban environment, people get wheelchairiitis :o [you become invisible and they try and walk through you]

look in the sky! is it a bird? is it a plane? no it's DECEANGI!!!! quake with fear mere mortals. :(

its easy to spot those cachers that still believe size is important.....

CIMG0352.JPG

I want one of those.

But back to how to remove 'Muggles'.

Muggle: "What are you doing?"

Me: "I am searching for a UFO that landed here, and I think you are standing on it".

Muggle disapears over the horizon in a cloud of dust.