San Diego Whiners Thread

"lostguy"

I'm not sure this is the right place for this, however; I thought folks might be wondering about Lostguy. I talked to him this afternoon. He is still in rehab til next Wed. He is begining to move his right arm, walk without the stick in his left hand. They were not able to repair his heart at this time but will do it at Sharp sometime after his discharge from Grosmont. Keep him in your prayers for a full recovery.

oh no!

Say it ain't true

Saw another interesting link on that same page, kinda reminds me of some of the logs by you guys!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510495,00.html

A British driver has blamed his GPS navigation unit for leaving his car teetering on the edge of a cliff after he followed its instructions.

Robert Jones said he trusted his navigational system and continued to follow it when it told him the steep, narrow footpath he was driving on was a road.

Jones, from Doncaster, South Yorkshire, northern England, now has a court date for driving without due care and attention.

His BMW nearly plunged down a 100-foot cliff in Todmorden, West Yorkshire, on Sunday.

He was only stopped from falling after the vehicle rammed into a wire fence.

:o The arrow must be obeyed! :laughing:

Last time we were in England, we took our StreetPilot (named IRMA) with us. It's fantastic when you lose track of which roundabout you are on but...

...when we were driving in North Yorkshire (coincidently), we asked for the fastest route from Rivaulx to a place along Hadrian's wall. At one point, IRMA said "Turn left on road" Not a named road. Not a numbered road. Just "road". So we did. The arrow must be obeyed.

This thing was wild. It was narrow and twisted and turned like vermicelli. Stream crossings involved getting the tires wet. It was barely wide enough for one car with hedges and other things on each side. And there was oncoming traffic, usually when you least expected it. When we were done with it, I had a new feeling for exactly where my tires were and how wide our car was. It take half an hour to go 10 miles and I'm not really convinced that it was the fastest way to get where we were going. On the other hand, we had an adventure and saw a part of England that most tourists never see.

And I laughed out loud when I read: "Robert Jones said he trusted his navigational system and continued to follow it when it told him the steep, narrow footpath he was driving on was a road."

oh no!

Say it ain't true

Saw another interesting link on that same page, kinda reminds me of some of the logs by you guys!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510495,00.html

A British driver has blamed his GPS navigation unit for leaving his car teetering on the edge of a cliff after he followed its instructions.

Robert Jones said he trusted his navigational system and continued to follow it when it told him the steep, narrow footpath he was driving on was a road.

Jones, from Doncaster, South Yorkshire, northern England, now has a court date for driving without due care and attention.

His BMW nearly plunged down a 100-foot cliff in Todmorden, West Yorkshire, on Sunday.

He was only stopped from falling after the vehicle rammed into a wire fence.

:o The arrow must be obeyed! :laughing:

Last time we were in England, we took our StreetPilot (named IRMA) with us. It's fantastic when you lose track of which roundabout you are on but...

...when we were driving in North Yorkshire (coincidently), we asked for the fastest route from Rivaulx to a place along Hadrian's wall. At one point, IRMA said "Turn left on road" Not a named road. Not a numbered road. Just "road". So we did. The arrow must be obeyed.

This thing was wild. It was narrow and twisted and turned like vermicelli. Stream crossings involved getting the tires wet. It was barely wide enough for one car with hedges and other things on each side. And there was oncoming traffic, usually when you least expected it. When we were done with it, I had a new feeling for exactly where my tires were and how wide our car was. It take half an hour to go 10 miles and I'm not really convinced that it was the fastest way to get where we were going. On the other hand, we had an adventure and saw a part of England that most tourists never see.

And I laughed out loud when I read: "Robert Jones said he trusted his navigational system and continued to follow it when it told him the steep, narrow footpath he was driving on was a road."

Saddle lights? ... whut th' hale are y'all talkin' about?

Back in my time we didn't need no lights on our saddles.

Y'all must be ridin' one o' them prissy lil Anglish saddles

if y' cain't hit it with y'r rump in th' dark. Lordee, whut's

th' world comin' to?

Besides that, whut's all this fuss about findin' your way?

Shoot, just drop the reins, any horse has 'nuff sense t'

find it's way back to th' barn.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Besides that, whut's all this fuss about findin' your way?

Shoot, just drop the reins, any horse has 'nuff sense t'

find it's way back to th' barn.

That's great if you are headed to the barn.

Not so good if you are headed for the pub.

BYOB, that's whut saddle bags are fer.

:blink::P:D:)
15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct! :surprise:

I don't know WHAT you are talking about. :surprise:

Something bad happened for all San Diego fans shortly before you posted that....

You don't say!?.... :surprise:

I never heard about an earthquake. I thought the fires/rain/mudslides were North of SD.... :laughing:

And may I add that I have been so concerned about little Falcon Heene that I hardly watch anything else. :surprise:

Edited by zoltig
:blink::P:D:)
15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct! :surprise:

I don't know WHAT you are talking about. :surprise:

Something bad happened for all San Diego fans shortly before you posted that....

You don't say!?.... :surprise:

I never heard about an earthquake. I thought the fires/rain/mudslides were North of SD.... :laughing:

And may I add that I have been so concerned about little Falcon Heene that I hardly watch anything else. :surprise:

O yeah, I can see how you would be a proud Denver fan ... a

UFO nut-case balloony, an annual Mike the Headless Chicken

Festival, and an aging rocket-scientist not to mention names.

Sheesh!

:):):D:D
15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct! :laughing:

I don't know WHAT you are talking about. :huh:

You don't say!?.... :unsure:

I never heard about an earthquake. I thought the fires/rain/mudslides were North of SD.... :o

And may I add that I have been so concerned about little Falcon Heene that I hardly watch anything else. <_<

Sheesh!

:laughing: I thought you were kidding until I got to the "aging rocket-scientist" bit. But now I think you are serious!

I don't understand the Denver reference. :huh:

What ever do you mean? :blink:

Sheesh!

:o I thought you were kidding until I got to the "aging rocket-scientist" bit. But now I think you are serious!

I don't understand the Denver reference. :)

What ever do you mean? :)

At first I thought he was talking about the Nuggets or AVs, but SD doesn't even participate in those teams... so we shall we check the Rockies and the Padres...

Monday Night Football was a good game too. :D

Sheesh!

:o I thought you were kidding until I got to the "aging rocket-scientist" bit. But now I think you are serious!

I don't understand the Denver reference. :D

What ever do you mean? :)

At first I thought he was talking about the Nuggets or AVs, but SD doesn't even participate in those teams... so we shall we check the Rockies and the Padres...

Monday Night Football was a good game too. :D

There was a game on? :) No kidding?

Sheesh!

:anicute: I thought you were kidding until I got to the "aging rocket-scientist" bit. But now I think you are serious!

I don't understand the Denver reference. :)

What ever do you mean? :(

Monday Night Football was a good game too. :P

There was a game on? ;) No kidding?

MNF was a forgettable game. Who played?

Last night's Angels game was an awesome game! :o

:grin::grin::grin::D
15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct! :D

I don't know WHAT you are talking about. :unsure:

You don't say!?.... :o

I never heard about an earthquake. I thought the fires/rain/mudslides were North of SD.... :angry:

And may I add that I have been so concerned about little Falcon Heene that I hardly watch anything else. :anicute:

Sheesh!

You can't be talking about me. I'm a young guy.

Edited by RocketMan
:grin::grin::grin::D
15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct! :D

I don't know WHAT you are talking about. ;)

You don't say!?.... :unsure:

I never heard about an earthquake. I thought the fires/rain/mudslides were North of SD.... :angry:

And may I add that I have been so concerned about little Falcon Heene that I hardly watch anything else. :anicute:

Sheesh!

You can't be talking about me. I'm a young guy. :o

Nah!

You are the aging rocket-scientist from Alabama! :o