San Diego Whiners Thread

"lostguy"

You know how some finds are, well ... ok? :rolleyes:

Some make ya laugh. :rolleyes:

Others can be frutrating. :rolleyes:

Yet some are ... Wow! <_<

I think I need a sure fire "Wow" today ... or one that'll make me smile for at least a few minutes. Yeah, the smile one would be good. It's been a real rough week for me. I can't remember when I found my last cache, either. Been too too busy lately. Hmmm. Could there be a connection there?

Seriously, give me your top "bringasmiletomyface" cache find (preferably in the southland, but I'm desperate for a smile) ... I'll go try to find it when I clock out at work (around 4:30pm) today and if it doesn't make me smile, well ... I'll come home and whine some more, or go out for pie 'er something. Cache n' Pie sounds pretty good to me tho. Mhmm.

Maybe not for today since these are up in Escondido, but go take a look at any of Redrox's caches. These always bring a smile to my face, especially "Redrox*Is*Psycho"

(Warning: Redrox has a deliciously warped sense of humor...)

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer
You know how some finds are, well ... ok? :D

Some make ya laugh. B)

Others can be frutrating. :D

Yet some are ... Wow! :D

I think I need a sure fire "Wow" today ... or one that'll make me smile for at least a few minutes. Yeah, the smile one would be good. It's been a real rough week for me. I can't remember when I found my last cache, either. Been too too busy lately. Hmmm. Could there be a connection there?

Seriously, give me your top "bringasmiletomyface" cache find (preferably in the southland, but I'm desperate for a smile) ... I'll go try to find it when I clock out at work (around 4:30pm) today and if it doesn't make me smile, well ... I'll come home and whine some more, or go out for pie 'er something. Cache n' Pie sounds pretty good to me tho. Mhmm.

Try this one it's mine. GCV68D S.C.U.M. there has been about 5 or 6 DNF's and the one's that found it either SKILLET told them are they got a lifeline. It's still there. I put my cell number for a lifeline. I am leaving tonight to go to Martinez lake and the river so you call still call if you need to. It is in Santee at Mission Gorge and Big Rock.

GOOD LUCK <_<:DB):P

:P It was great to get out geocaching again ... felt like it had been SO long, but turned out to be just about a week. THANKS to those of you who posted some of your enjoyable caches/finds. Tonight I took Miragee's recommendations, and the very last one I found (GC1DGYN) ended up being my favorite. :D Thank you so much.

Looks like I'll be heading out to Escondido and Santee soon, too. These cache ideas oughta keep me busy smiling for awhile. I can't help but think I should create a cache hide and return the favor soon.

<_< boysnbarrie

If i'm in dough't and need a lifeline who should i call?
000201A3.gif Call someone you have a number for. 0002014F.gif

My steps for lifeline success:

1. Call someone who has found the cache, preferably within the last month...
  2. Call someone who has the number for someone who has found the cache, preferably within the last month...
  3. Call someone who has the number for someone who has the number for someone who has found the cache, preferably within the last month...
  4. Call someone who has the number for someone who has the number for someone who has the number for someone who has found the cache, preferably within the last month...
  5. And so on...

concerning gas prices and illegal immigrants.

Since I have become jaded to the various solutions, I have elected to solve the problems as they affect me.

My response solves both my gas and illegal immigrant problems...

I have hired illegal immigrants to push my cars. They're plentiful and cheaper than buying gas.

Then I pay them in Pesos so they have to go home to spend it.

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

00020200.gif 0002011A.gif

concerning gas prices and illegal immigrants.

Since I have become jaded to the various solutions, I have elected to solve the problems as they affect me.

My response solves both my gas and illegal immigrant problems...

I have hired illegal immigrants to push my cars. They're plentiful and cheaper than buying gas.

Then I pay them in Pesos so they have to go home to spend it.

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

00020200.gif 0002011A.gif

MOM DISAPPOINTED IN SON'S CHOICE

The announcement

78f3880b-025f-4be5-bf12-10a16b49d185.jpg

The wedding portrait

78b74a5d-eb7e-477b-b59a-51cd6e858c01.jpg

It must be glued on, because even praying won't keep it up.

0002006A.gif

Did my mother send this to you ;) ?

Why Oh Why can't glorious pictures such as this one be at the top of a page instead of boring things that I actually have to read to enjoy.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Surrender" and "Collaborate." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France' s white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability. 0002006A.gif

Time for another rant...

Okay, I know I'll eventually regret this, but what is up with this armchair geocaching (logging virtual caches without actually visiting the site). Admittedly, I've done a couple of virtuals that allowed me to log the cache without visiting the site.... didn't seem right. I've found several armchair logs on my Zoo virtual. One cacher from Germany was in Michigan and Denmark on the same day logging virtuals. Another cacher (also from Germany) logged virtuals in a half dozen scattered states on the same day. They claimed to have visited, but had not.

I know it's only a game, I know people will play the game the way they want to, I know people will set up their own rules, I know it just doesn't matter at the end of the day. It just seems to me that the basic requirement of a cache, virtual or otherwise, is to actually be at that location, whether it be for the view, a little history, a clever hide or what have you.

I'm tempted to delete these armchair logs, but I know in the end it will be just more of a headache and just not worth it. Oh well, it's only a game. Thanks for letting me rant. Oh, yeah, got a golden retriever puppy today. Look for pictures soon.

D!

Edited by Duncan!

Time for another rant...

Okay, I know I'll eventually regret this, but what is up with this armchair geocaching (logging virtual caches without actually visiting the site). Admittedly, I've done a couple of virtuals that allowed me to log the cache without visiting the site.... didn't seem right. I've found several armchair logs on my Zoo virtual. One cacher from Germany was in Michigan and Denmark on the same day logging virtuals. Another cacher (also from Germany) logged virtuals in a half dozen scattered states on the same day. They claimed to have visited, but had not.

I know it's only a game, I know people will play the game the way they want to, I know people will set up their own rules, I know it just doesn't matter at the end of the day. It just seems to me that the basic requirement of a cache, virtual or otherwise, is to actually be at that location, whether it be for the view, a little history, a clever hide or what have you.

I'm tempted to delete these armchair logs, but I know in the end it will be just more of a headache and just not worth it. Oh well, it's only a game. Thanks for letting me rant. Oh, yeah, got a golden retriever puppy today. Look for pictures soon.

D!

Delete! I say y' gotta hold 'em t' score 'em.

If its' a cheat, then you must delete.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Time for another rant...

D!

I agree. They actually want us to delete them:

Cache Maintenance

The cache owner will assume all responsibility of their cache listings. The responsibility of your listing includes quality control of posts to the cache page. Delete any logs that appear to be bogus, counterfeit, off topic, or not within the stated requirements.

Edited by TrailGators
Time for another rant...

D!

Delete 'em D! I''m not sure, but I think I heard where some virtuals were archived when owner's refused to delete erronious logs.

As to the new Golden puppy . . . quick . . . go out and get another one right away! They love each other's company and once they reach the destructive age, they will have each other to play with, instead of your shoes, baseboards, chairs . . . well, you get the idea. And heck, in for a penny; in for a pound.

Time for another rant...

D!

We get the same thing on our virtuals. A cacher logs virtuals all over the US on the same day!

We contacted some of them.........mostly from Germany.........they said they call virtuals 'brain teasers' and solve them in the winter mostly when they can't get out and cache.

I just tell 'em that we don't allow that, the idea of the virtual is to get the person to the location to see what it's all about................................then DELETE......... :ph34r: ............that's the last we hear from them.

Congrats on the new geo-puppy! :D:D

The Splashes :unsure::ph34r:

Time for another rant...

D!

Cache Maintenance

The cache owner will assume all responsibility of their cache listings. The responsibility of your listing includes quality control of posts to the cache page. Delete any logs that appear to be bogus, counterfeit, off topic, or not within the stated requirements.

Well, in that case... deleted six logs tonight, all cachers from Germany. Once cacher actually "borrowed" a picture from a previous cacher's log in their post! Cheeky monkey!

D!

Time for another rant...

D!

Cache Maintenance

Well, in that case... deleted six logs tonight, all cachers from Germany. Once cacher actually "borrowed" a picture from a previous cacher's log in their post! Cheeky monkey!

D!

It's mostly the Germans who do this, but I know of at least two Americans who should know better, that do the same thing.

Broncos + Refs beat the Chargers 39-38

First they give Denver a fumble that wasn't a fumble and that results in a TD for Denver. Then they give Denver back an actual fumble and that results in the winning TD for Denver. The game was rigged! :lol:

:laughing:bwwaa-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

Now I can't wait for the rematch! :D:D

psssssst :ph34r:

Colorado Rockies beat the San Diego Padres 10-3

If S.D. wins, you may consider the "Congradulations" thread. Until then, keep using the "Whiners" thread. :lol:

Broncos + Refs beat the Chargers 39-38

First they give Denver a fumble that wasn't a fumble and that results in a TD for Denver. Then they give Denver back an actual fumble and that results in the winning TD for Denver. The game was rigged! :lol:

:laughing:bwwaa-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

Now I can't wait for the rematch! :D:D

psssssst :ph34r:

Colorado Rockies beat the San Diego Padres 10-3

If S.D. wins, you may consider the "Congradulations" thread. Until then, keep using the "Whiners" thread. :lol:

I already know the Padres suck. I gave up on them a long time ago.

I do look forward to our Broncos/Chargers rivalry. I haven't had a good rivalry since when I lived in Wisconsin and we had the Packers/Vikings rivalry.

:anibad: I have something real to whine about: went caching along the Patuxent River in Southern Maryland, saw a cottonmouth snake, pricked by brambles and got bitten by a million chiggers. I'm a mess now. Ive never even heard of a chigger and now I look like I have chickenpox! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Whine Whine..and they itch!

San Diego caching is the BEST...

Now you're talkin' like a southern boy. Chiggers, ticks, snakes, Cottonmouths,

and such.

When we swam in the creek near Bracketville, Texas one of us had to stay on

the bank of the creek with a long cane-pole so's to flip the Cottonmouths out

of the water as they came swimming by. If one of the snakes made it through

the defenses we knew how t' walk on water like pronto.

Chiggers, ticks, and snakes ... there's your deep-south entertainment not count-

ing fireflies. Apparently fireflies are in worldwide decline, read about that last

week and about the not too surprising reason for their decline.

Thnaketh, chiggerth, tickth, fireflieth, beeth, and properly-bunched thockth are

our friendth. ... all canarieth in the mine thhaft.

Edited by SD Rowdies

:anibad: I have something real to whine about: went caching along the Patuxent River in Southern Maryland, saw a cottonmouth snake, pricked by brambles and got bitten by a million chiggers. I'm a mess now. Ive never even heard of a chigger and now I look like I have chickenpox! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Whine Whine..and they itch!

and such.

Chiggers, ticks, and snakes ... there's your deep-south entertainment not count-

ing fireflies. Apparently fireflies are in worldwide decline, read about that last

Thnaketh, chiggerth, tickth, fireflieth, beeth, and properly-bunched thockth are

B) Southern boy? I'm a girl Harmon...it was the sweet Jodi that got bit by chiggers and courted by a water snake! :ph34r:

and such.

B) Southern boy? I'm a girl Harmon...it was the sweet Jodi that got bit by chiggers and courted by a water snake! :ph34r:

Dang! I can never figure you two out. Too bad I'm not there t' show you

how to get them little red devils out of your hide except I don't smoke.

You have my sympathy, Chiggers are worse that any rash. Fill a bathtub

with gin and soak in it for two days straight. No more Chiggers.

That's not too far from my old stomping grounds. B) I don't miss cottonmouths or copperheads. Plus they have Poison Oak, Poison Ivy, Poison Sumac and Virginia Creeper. I was a mess with that stuff when I was a kid.

That's not too far from my old stomping grounds. :yikes: I don't miss cottonmouths or copperheads. Plus they have Poison Oak, Poison Ivy, Poison Sumac and Virginia Creeper. I was a mess with that stuff when I was a kid.

B):ph34r: here's another OBTW...don't try to shave your legs when you have chiggers bites...OMG....that hurt...and I ran out of little bandaids!!!! :huh::angry: No..I'm not blonde!

B) I have something real to whine about: went caching along the Patuxent River in Southern Maryland, saw a cottonmouth snake, pricked by brambles and got bitten by a million chiggers. I'm a mess now. Ive never even heard of a chigger and now I look like I have chickenpox! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Whine Whine..and they itch!

That's not too far from my old stomping grounds. :D I don't miss cottonmouths or copperheads. Plus they have Poison Oak, Poison Ivy, Poison Sumac and Virginia Creeper. I was a mess with that stuff when I was a kid.

:ph34r::huh: here's another OBTW...don't try to shave your legs when you have chiggers bites...OMG....that hurt...and I ran out of little bandaids!!!! :angry::yikes: No..I'm not blonde!

Thanks for sharing, Jodi :anibad:
:) I have something real to whine about: went caching along the Patuxent River in Southern Maryland, saw a cottonmouth snake, pricked by brambles and got bitten by a million chiggers. I'm a mess now. Ive never even heard of a chigger and now I look like I have chickenpox! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Whine Whine..and they itch!

That's not too far from my old stomping grounds. :( I don't miss cottonmouths or copperheads. Plus they have Poison Oak, Poison Ivy, Poison Sumac and Virginia Creeper. I was a mess with that stuff when I was a kid.

:D:laughing: here's another OBTW...don't try to shave your legs when you have chiggers bites...OMG....that hurt...and I ran out of little bandaids!!!! :ph34r::ph34r: No..I'm not blonde!

TMI (in adult language that means to much information)

:(

Big WHINE......I only have 3 days left of my vacation! And I haven't been out caching yet!

What!!! All the help we gave you on picking out a GPSr!!! B)

Ok.... I went out today and snnagged 13 caches. Better yet, I've already logged them all. But I can still Whine......My new GPS'r was off 20 feet for all the caches I found. Worse was the 7 DNF's before I realized the satalite gods were asleep. I have done some homework and now I know about calabrating. Wow...what will they think of next. Boy my old GPS seemed easy. On the bright side, it was so cool having the maps and topo in my gps. I actually could tell how lost I really was...... B)

Tomorrow,back to reality, or my version of it. :huh: