San Diego Whiners Thread

"lostguy"

A lot of folks can't understand how we came

to have an oil shortage here in our country.

~~~

Well, there's a very simple answer.

~~~

Nobody bothered to check the oil.

~~~

We just didn't know we were getting low.

~~~

The reason for that is purely geographical.

~~~

Our OIL is located in

~~~

ALASKA

~~~

California

~~~

Coastal Florida

~~~

Coastal Louisiana

~~~

Kansas

~~~

Oklahoma

~~~

Pennsylvania

and

Texas

~~~

Our

DIPSTICKS

are located in

Washington , DC!!!

Any Questions???

NO? Didn't think So.

00020146.gif

A lot of folks can't understand how we came

to have an oil shortage here in our country.

~~~

Well, there's a very simple answer.

~~~

Nobody bothered to check the oil.

~~~

We just didn't know we were getting low.

~~~

The reason for that is purely geographical.

~~~

Our OIL is located in

~~~

ALASKA

~~~

California

~~~

Coastal Florida

~~~

Coastal Louisiana

~~~

Kansas

~~~

Oklahoma

~~~

Pennsylvania

and

Texas

~~~

Our

DIPSTICKS

are located in

Washington , DC!!!

Any Questions???

NO? Didn't think So.

00020146.gif

:D:D
Man. Hot. Can't go caching in this heat. And we don't have A/C. At least I can try to solve some puzzles.

I don't know how you can survive in this heat without A/C it's hotter today then yesterday. 0002018E.gif 000201DF.gif I had to go Caching today at 0530 to 0800 to beat the heat.

Man. Hot. Can't go caching in this heat. And we don't have A/C. At least I can try to solve some puzzles.

I don't know how you can survive in this heat without A/C it's hotter today then yesterday. 0002018E.gif 000201DF.gif I had to go Caching today at 0530 to 0800 to beat the heat.

We were out today at 0800. School thermometer said it was already 95.... geez I think it's still 90 and it's 10 pm.

:blink:

We were out today at 0800. School thermometer said it was already 95.... geez I think it's still 90 and it's 10 pm.

:D

It was 109 at my house today. We went to Torrey Pines to escape the heat and it was 91 there.... :blink:

No AC here either. Too hot to run a computer. We went to the movies...

:D yeah..the heat played tricks with my mind yesterday also. I let KWVERS! talk me into going for Spam Haiku. It was soooooo miserable!

It was so hot caching in AZ last week I blistered my little finger trying to remove a water meter cover at high noon! and teh cache wasn't even under there :angry:

And you know what else? John just called and it's in the 60's in beautiful Lake Tahoe. He's with Habu placing caches. geeze......

planted themselves in front of it like sinners at a revival meeting.
:P:laughing: What a great line, Ed. I may have to "borrow" it sometime.

Love it!

I grew up partly in th' southern Bible Bell and many times crawled under the revival tents to watch the Rollers and Healers. Best was summer-time; nothin' better than sweaty women makin' a bug fuss.

The advantage was that I got "Saved" thirty-three times during my youth. Volunteering for the "Come on down" call always brought th' sermons to a close and appreciation from th' congregation. We moved so much that I was always a new-face at any tent show or country church. The payoff for getting saved was donuts and being hugged by excited, grown-up women.

Old sinner with a lot of practice,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
:D:D What a great line, Ed. I may have to "borrow" it sometime.

Love it!

I grew up partly in th' southern Bible Bell and many times crawled under the revival tents to watch the Rollers and Healers. Best was summer-time; nothin' better than sweaty women makin' a bug fuss.

The advantage was that I got "Saved" thirty-three times during my youth. Volunteering for the "Come on down" call always brought th' sermons to a close and appreciation from th' congregation. We moved so much that I was always a new-face at any tent show or country church. The payoff for getting saved was donuts and being hugged by excited, grown-up women.

Harmon

And yet you married a num! :D:D

Love it!

Harmon

Num

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Love it!

Harmon

Num

Did you already know what Num was, or did you look it up as soon as you saw that post. I had no Idea what a num was, or who the Samoyedic peoples are until I read that link.... wait, I read the link, and I still don't know who they are....

Love it!

Harmon

Num

Did you already know what Num was, or did you look it up as soon as you saw that post. I had no Idea what a num was, or who the Samoyedic peoples are until I read that link.... wait, I read the link, and I still don't know who they are....

Ahm so confused! But don't forget ... stress is on the ex-nun. ... er, num.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Love it!

Harmon

Num

I had no clue what it was so I looked it up on wiki.
:):D What a great line, Ed. I may have to "borrow" it sometime.

Love it!

Harmon

Num

I see that there is a cruel streak in many of you, who seem to take joy in making fun of my dyslexic inability to type. And yet, it doesn't bother me. In fact, I've come to expect it. Why . . . if the shoe was on the other foot, I would certainly be joining in in making fun of you. :D

Speakin' of looking things up, Harmon ... I spent some time today plannin' some caching near some of those prisons you were talkin' about awhile back. Well, I'll start with one prison and uh ... see how it goes. Yeah. :) Probably won't be night caching there, I figure.

Good time of year to start with Centinella, Ironwood, and Calipatria state prisons.

It was 118-degrees when we installed the pepper-spray cannons at Ironwood. We

did the hot-weather installations during summer and the cold-weather installations

during winter. Shows y' how smart th' Sandy Creek Cowboys were, huh?

Donovan is notable for using cactus-gardens landscaping.

For special entertainment try driving right up to the perimeter fences. You'll get to

meet the perimeter-control officer right away. One thing for sure, if y' go inside the

inmates will take a liking to you right away and you'll get noticed like never before.

How fast are y' on foot?

Harmon

Love it!

Harmon

And yet you married a num! :):D

Num

I see that there is a cruel streak in many of you, who seem to take joy in making fun of my dyslexic inability to type. And yet, it doesn't bother me. In fact, I've come to expect it. Why . . . if the shoe was on the other foot, I would certainly be joining in in making fun of you. :D
I was just having some fum! :D Edited by TrailGators

Speakin' of looking things up, Harmon ... I spent some time today plannin' some caching near some of those prisons you were talkin' about awhile back. Well, I'll start with one prison and uh ... see how it goes. Yeah. :) Probably won't be night caching there, I figure.

Good time of year to start with Centinella, Ironwood, and Calipatria state prisons.

did the hot-weather installations during summer and the cold-weather installations

For special entertainment try driving right up to the perimeter fences. You'll get to

meet the perimeter-control officer right away. One thing for sure, if y' go inside the

inmates will take a liking to you right away and you'll get noticed like never before.

How fast are y' on foot?

Harmon

How about Lompoc?

Go INSIDE? But Harmon ... I've been a good lil' girl. HONEST!

Edited by boysnbarrie
I see that there is a cruel streak in many of you, who seem to take joy in making fun of my dyslexic inability to type.

Ummmm...you are only just noticing this now??? :)

Better to be dyslexic than to be dyxlesic, I always say...

What do you get when you cross an insomniac, an agnostic and dyslexic?

Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a dog. :D

I see that there is a cruel streak in many of you, who seem to take joy in making fun of my dyslexic inability to type.

Ummmm...you are only just noticing this now??? :)

Better to be dyslexic than to be dyxlesic, I always say...

What do you get when you cross an insomniac, an agnostic and dyslexic?

Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a dog. :D

Good one! :D

How fast are y' on foot?

Harmon

... I've been a good lil' girl. HONEST!

Haw! that's what they all say.

How fast are y' on foot?

Harmon

... I've been a good lil' girl. HONEST!

Haw! that's what they all say.

Okay, okay ... so I'm NOT lil' :D

They might give you DNF's, but it's only a matter of time till that all ends. I used to DNF the same series in my neighborhood for months. Then, with a simple hint, it all finally made sense. I nearly swore to never go back to one, and then I figured it out.

Yea but ill be moving to phoenix in the august so it wont really matter i just couldn;t find some of them. But whatever it'll take me time to get better and to figure where people hide them

They might give you DNF's, but it's only a matter of time till that all ends. I used to DNF the same series in my neighborhood for months. Then, with a simple hint, it all finally made sense. I nearly swore to never go back to one, and then I figured it out.

Yea but ill be moving to phoenix in the august so it wont really matter i just couldn;t find some of them. But whatever it'll take me time to get better and to figure where people hide them

:DB)B) I'm working on 4 years caching and I have over 2000 finds and I still get DNF 's. It is part of the game. I have friends that have 6,7,8,9,thousand finds and if it wasn't for a life line IE phone call they may have DNFed, so keep on looking and you may just find it. :):D:)

Edited by Team Fatman

:D:D:) I'm working on 4 years caching and I have over 2000 finds and I still get DNF 's. It is part of the game. I have friends that have 6,7,8,9,thousand finds and if it wasn't for a life line IE phone call they may have DNFed, so keep on looking and you may just find it. :)B)B)

Thanks, This truly teaches patience becuase i have none expciallly for caches that make me look for them for a long time

You know how some finds are, well ... ok? :rolleyes:

Some make ya laugh. :rolleyes:

Others can be frutrating. :rolleyes:

Yet some are ... Wow! <_<

I think I need a sure fire "Wow" today ... or one that'll make me smile for at least a few minutes. Yeah, the smile one would be good. It's been a real rough week for me. I can't remember when I found my last cache, either. Been too too busy lately. Hmmm. Could there be a connection there?

Seriously, give me your top "bringasmiletomyface" cache find (preferably in the southland, but I'm desperate for a smile) ... I'll go try to find it when I clock out at work (around 4:30pm) today and if it doesn't make me smile, well ... I'll come home and whine some more, or go out for pie 'er something. Cache n' Pie sounds pretty good to me tho. Mhmm.

Edited by boysnbarrie

I think I need a sure fire "Wow" today ... or one that'll make me smile for at least a few minutes. Yeah, the smile one would be good. It's been a real rough week for me. I can't remember when I found my last cache, either. Been too too busy lately. Hmmm. Could there be a connection there?

Seriously, give me your top "bringasmiletomyface" cache find (preferably in the southland, but I'm desperate for a smile) ... I'll go try to find it when I clock out at work (around 4:30pm) today and if it doesn't make me smile, well ... I'll come home and whine some more, or go out for pie 'er something. Cache n' Pie sounds pretty good to me tho. Mhmm.

Have you found this one? I loved it. :D

How about this one? :)

This was another creative hide that brought a smile to our faces. :)

Have you found this one? I loved it. :D

How about this one? :)

This was another creative hide that brought a smile to our faces. :D

I've only found one of those :) and all are close by! I'll head there today ... wow, I'm almost smiling already. Thank you so much.