San Diego Whiners Thread

"lostguy"

:drama::drama: I hate that this has been forgotten about was one from the bottom. And Dale Jr. didn't win Daytona. ;);)

NASCAR is going into the toilet anyway just like the open-wheel crowd did. Standardized cars ... are they nuts? Races won by pit crews ain't racing.

;) Yeah..and don't we have to buy 2 hats 'cause JR drives 2 different cars this year?

Yeah, and the Datona winner had to be pushed across the finish line in his carbon-copy car. Sheesh!

:D:D I hate that this has been forgotten about was one from the bottom. And Dale Jr. didn't win Daytona. :D:)

NASCAR is going into the toilet anyway just like the open-wheel crowd did. Standardized cars ... are they nuts? Races won by pit crews ain't racing.

:D Yeah..and don't we have to buy 2 hats 'cause JR drives 2 different cars this year?

Yeah, and the Datona winner had to be pushed across the finish line in his carbon-copy car. Sheesh!

NHRA winners don't have to be pushed across the finish line :laughing::unsure::)

I am thoroughly disgusted with the speed of the office's Internet connection for the last couple of days! T-1 lines aren't what they used to be. I suspect Skype's supernode is in effect. :anibad: This has made checking forums or cache pages extremely time consuming. Don't they realize that by providing such a slow connection, I am wasting company time that could be more productively used doing the actual work I am being paid for? Really! I am ticked off! :D:D

Don't they realize that by providing such a slow connection, I am wasting company time that could be more productively used doing the actual work I am being paid for? Really! I am ticked off! ;);)

Wasting company time is not nice. They need to fire your IT guy over this. 00020201.gif

Well, no, not really. In this office, I am the IT guy. ;) HQ decides connection speeds though, and insisting on using Skype only makes things worse.

Don't they realize that by providing such a slow connection, I am wasting company time that could be more productively used doing the actual work I am being paid for? Really! I am ticked off! ;);)

Wasting company time is not nice. They need to fire your IT guy over this. 00020201.gif

Well, no, not really. In this office, I am the IT guy. ;) HQ decides connection speeds though, and insisting on using Skype only makes things worse.

000201ED.gif OOPS don't fire the IT guy he is doing the best that he can. 000201B0.gif

:o What a bummer...my co-workers want me to lead them on a nice long hike and I've found ALL the caches on the hike they chose! What will I do? (No..it's saturated..I can't add more.)

Oh Dear ..oh well...It'll still be fun I guess :o

No it won't be Jahoadi. Quit deluding yourself. It is all about the numbers. I submit as proof, your own numbers!

If you insist on hiking with your friends, you will have a rotten time, thinking of how many caches you could be getting. You will be kicking youself in the pants at every "find" they make. This is really lame. Don't do it!

What you are displaying here is a classic example of congnitive dissonance. Tell your friends that you are too ill to hike with them, wish them luck, and then go someplace where you can get some new finds.

Edited by Snake & Rooster
:o What a bummer...my co-workers want me to lead them on a nice long hike and I've found ALL the caches on the hike they chose! What will I do? (No..it's saturated..I can't add more.)

No it won't be Jahoadi. Quit deluding yourself. It is all about the numbers. I submit as proof, your own numbers!

If you insist on hiking with your friends, you will have a rotten time, thinking of how many caches you could be getting. You will be kicking youself in the pants at every "find" they make. This is really lame. Don't do it!

What you are displaying here is a classic example of congnitive dissonance. Tell your friends that you are too ill to hike with them, wish them luck, and then go someplace where you can get some new finds.

;) I know this is sacrilege, but I would actually enjoy not having to log a gazillion caches when I got home... :o:P Edited by TrailGators
:P What a bummer...my co-workers want me to lead them on a nice long hike and I've found ALL the caches on the hike they chose! What will I do? (No..it's saturated..I can't add more.)

Oh Dear ..oh well...It'll still be fun I guess :D

:D I know this is sacrilege, but I would actually enjoy not having to log a gazillion caches when I got home... :D:D

:o:o:o;):P:P:D

:D What a bummer...my co-workers want me to lead them on a nice long hike and I've found ALL the caches on the hike they chose! What will I do? (No..it's saturated..I can't add more.)

:D I know this is sacrilege, but I would actually enjoy not having to log a gazillion caches when I got home... :D:D

I'm not lazy when it comes to hiking, but I'm really lazy when it comes to logging.

Tell me that I'm not the only one that ever feels like this.... :P

Edited by TrailGators
;) What a bummer...my co-workers want me to lead them on a nice long hike and I've found ALL the caches on the hike they chose! What will I do? (No..it's saturated..I can't add more.)

:o:o I'm afraid it's worse than that Snake: One of them doesn't even cache! She doesn't even own a GPSr! Cough Cough....you may be right Rich..I feel something attacking me!

:D What a bummer...my co-workers want me to lead them on a nice long hike and I've found ALL the caches on the hike they chose! What will I do? (No..it's saturated..I can't add more.)

I'm not lazy when it comes to hiking, but I'm really lazy when it comes to logging.

Tell me that I'm not the only one that ever feels like this.... :P

:D Yeah....it's tough, but John and I average 53 words per log (each unique) so it does take some time doing the "paperwork". Are you ready to hike again?

:P What a bummer...my co-workers want me to lead them on a nice long hike and I've found ALL the caches on the hike they chose! What will I do? (No..it's saturated..I can't add more.)

:o I know this is sacrilege, but I would actually enjoy not having to log a gazillion caches when I got home... :P;)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:o

Tell me that I'm not the only one that ever feels like this.... :o

:P Yeah....it's tough, but John and I average 53 words per log (each unique) so it does take some time doing the "paperwork". Are you ready to hike again?

I'm slowly building up! I did 5 miles in Daley Ranch last Saturday and was pretty sore the next day. I'm basically supposed to keep going a little farther each time. I couldn't have done the 12.5 mile hike that you guys did last week. I'm thinking of going back to Daley this weekend and going for 7 miles. All for one cache that I don't have! At least it won't take long to log it! :D

P.S. If you (or anyone) want to meet me there (at a human time of day like 10AM - none of this 6AM nonsense...LOL) you are more than welcome to join me. There are other caches along the way....

Edited by TrailGators
:huh: What a bummer...my co-workers want me to lead them on a nice long hike and I've found ALL the caches on the hike they chose! What will I do? (No..it's saturated..I can't add more.)

Oh Dear ..oh well...It'll still be fun I guess ;)

:blink: I know this is sacrilege, but I would actually enjoy not having to log a gazillion caches when I got home... :o:D

:D:):):D:):):D

Tell me that I'm not the only one that ever feels like this.... :D

:huh: Yeah....it's tough, but John and I average 53 words per log (each unique) so it does take some time doing the "paperwork". Are you ready to hike again?

I'm slowly building up! I did 5 miles in Daley Ranch last Saturday and was pretty sore the next day. I'm basically supposed to keep going a little farther each time. I couldn't have done the 12.5 mile hike that you guys did last week. I'm thinking of going back to Daley this weekend and going for 7 miles. All for one cache that I don't have! At least it won't take long to log it! :)

P.S. If you (or anyone) want to meet me there (at a human time of day like 10AM - none of this 6AM nonsense...LOL) you are more than welcome to join me. There are other caches along the way....

:sad: Good for you Pat! Since I'm hiking Sunday I have to go to the landfill and buy mulch to stop the weeds on Saturday....yup..it's yardwork on Sat. ..hey I'm whining aren't I? I wonder what John's doing? :):D

:) What a bummer...my co-workers want me to lead them on a nice long hike and I've found ALL the caches on the hike they chose! What will I do? (No..it's saturated..I can't add more.)

:D I know this is sacrilege, but I would actually enjoy not having to log a gazillion caches when I got home... :D:)

:):):D:D:sad::huh::huh:

Tell me that I'm not the only one that ever feels like this.... :o

:D Yeah....it's tough, but John and I average 53 words per log (each unique) so it does take some time doing the "paperwork". Are you ready to hike again?

I'm slowly building up! I did 5 miles in Daley Ranch last Saturday and was pretty sore the next day. I'm basically supposed to keep going a little farther each time. I couldn't have done the 12.5 mile hike that you guys did last week. I'm thinking of going back to Daley this weekend and going for 7 miles. All for one cache that I don't have! At least it won't take long to log it! :blink:

:) Good for you Pat! Since I'm hiking Sunday I have to go to the landfill and buy mulch to stop the weeds on Saturday....yup..it's yardwork on Sat. ..hey I'm whining aren't I? I wonder what John's doing? :):)

I'm not moving too quickly this morning...(had to get the mandatory whine in) :D

I bet John is making a list of other stuff you need to do while he's gone! ;)

Edited by TrailGators
:huh: What a bummer...my co-workers want me to lead them on a nice long hike and I've found ALL the caches on the hike they chose! What will I do? (No..it's saturated..I can't add more.)

:lol: I know this is sacrilege, but I would actually enjoy not having to log a gazillion caches when I got home... :o;)

Tell me that I'm not the only one that ever feels like this.... :D

:huh: Yeah....it's tough, but John and I average 53 words per log (each unique) so it does take some time doing the "paperwork". Are you ready to hike again?

I'm slowly building up! I did 5 miles in Daley Ranch last Saturday and was pretty sore the next day. I'm basically supposed to keep going a little farther each time. I couldn't have done the 12.5 mile hike that you guys did last week. I'm thinking of going back to Daley this weekend and going for 7 miles. All for one cache that I don't have! At least it won't take long to log it! :)

:D Good for you Pat! Since I'm hiking Sunday I have to go to the landfill and buy mulch to stop the weeds on Saturday....yup..it's yardwork on Sat. ..hey I'm whining aren't I? I wonder what John's doing? :D:D

I'm not moving too quickly this morning...(had to get the mandatory whine in) :D

I bet John is making a list of other stuff you need to do while he's gone! :D

:D:lol: Not funny Pat! Speaking of John...his truck started to die driving home from the dump with an extra large load of mulch..boy was I scared. I made it home, emptied the mulch ( took me 2 hours) and barely made it coughing and bucking to a shop when the engine light came on. Of course Enterprise was closed so I started hoofing it home. Got about 1 1/2 miles from home and guess what I see? GEOCACHERS!!! YAHOOOOOOOO!! Geocachers always save the day! I got a ride home up that steep hill by Team Adelos!

;) The only good thing is that I only had to get one load of mulch today...

Don't you just hate husbands who take the brand new FJ to Nevada and leave you stuck with the old truck that's about to break down?

(I didn't have any whining of my own to do... ;) )

But James, if John took the truck then Jodi wouldn't had anything to put the mulch in! :lol:

:):D You men all stick together! :D:lol: ( but I laughed out loud!)

Just a thread created for folks that feel the need to whine about something. No specific topic needed but just the need to whine. Feel free to post here.

K

Perhaps one of the mods would be good enough to get rid of this account?

But his profile is so interesting......

I think you should join, Eric, and then tell us all about it. :laughing:

:D:D Not funny Pat! Speaking of John...his truck started to die driving home from the dump with an extra large load of mulch..boy was I scared. I made it home, emptied the mulch ( took me 2 hours) and barely made it coughing and bucking to a shop when the engine light came on. Of course Enterprise was closed so I started hoofing it home. Got about 1 1/2 miles from home and guess what I see? GEOCACHERS!!! YAHOOOOOOOO!! Geocachers always save the day! I got a ride home up that steep hill by Team Adelos!

:laughing: The only good thing is that I only had to get one load of mulch today...

Jody, since your man is off serving our country (the nerve!), don't hesitate to give us a call. I'm sure I speak for most of your neighboring cachers to give us a call when you are in a bind. The worse we say is we'll help in exchange for some puzzle coords. :D

No, really, call us.

:D:D Not funny Pat! Speaking of John...his truck started to die driving home from the dump with an extra large load of mulch..boy was I scared. I made it home, emptied the mulch ( took me 2 hours) and barely made it coughing and bucking to a shop when the engine light came on. Of course Enterprise was closed so I started hoofing it home. Got about 1 1/2 miles from home and guess what I see? GEOCACHERS!!! YAHOOOOOOOO!! Geocachers always save the day! I got a ride home up that steep hill by Team Adelos!

:laughing: The only good thing is that I only had to get one load of mulch today...

Jody, since your man is off serving our country (the nerve!), don't hesitate to give us a call. I'm sure I speak for most of your neighboring cachers to give us a call when you are in a bind. The worse we say is we'll help in exchange for some puzzle coords. ;)

No, really, call us.

Me too, add me to your list of willing helpers but only if I don't have to solve puzzle caches.

... no wise-cracks about my age either. Helping spread that mulch would have been great 'cause

I could have gotten even for that blasted "Hi Map" cache near Crest. ... weed and sticker seeds!

On th' other hand my dear old dad always said that having a strong woman is as good as having a

strong mule but they're both the same amount of trouble. Me, I'd never say such a thang and I'll

just bet that John wouldn't either. :D

Sweet ol' Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

Jody, since your man is off serving our country (the nerve!), don't hesitate to give us a call. I'm sure I speak for most of your neighboring cachers to give us a call when you are in a bind. The worse we say is we'll help in exchange for some puzzle coords. ;)

No, really, call us.

Yea Jodi, whenever you finish that yard work and crack open some cold ones, be sure to give me a call! I'd be more than willing to help you with those! :laughing:

Also the next time John drives in the desert with a rental car and strips off the oil pan nut, I'll be more than happy to drive you guys home again... :D

No, really, call us.

Yea Jodi, whenever you finish that yard work and crack open some cold ones, be sure to give me a call! I'd be more than willing to help you with those! :laughing:

Also the next time John drives in the desert with a rental car and strips off the oil pan nut, I'll be more than happy to drive you guys home again... :D

John did that? ... y' don't say? Ain't he in charge of aircraft maintenance at Fallon? Whew!

Edited by SD Rowdies

;);) Not funny Pat! Speaking of John...his truck started to die driving home from the dump with an extra large load of mulch..boy was I scared. I made it home, emptied the mulch ( took me 2 hours) and barely made it coughing and bucking to a shop when the engine light came on. Of course Enterprise was closed so I started hoofing it home. Got about 1 1/2 miles from home and guess what I see? GEOCACHERS!!! YAHOOOOOOOO!! Geocachers always save the day! I got a ride home up that steep hill by Team Adelos!

Jody, since your man is off serving our country (the nerve!), don't hesitate to give us a call. I'm sure I speak for most of your neighboring cachers to give us a call when you are in a bind. The worse we say is we'll help in exchange for some puzzle coords. :D

No, really, call us.

Yea Jodi, whenever you finish that yard work and crack open some cold ones, be sure to give me a call! I'd be more than willing to help you with those! :D

John did that? ... y' don't say? Ain't he in charge of aircraft maintenance at Fallon? Whew!

Being in charge has it's advantages. When he goes caching up there, he has a whole staff of mechanics at his disposal... :D:D

Not Geocaching related but my wife and I both have Verizon Wireless Cell phones and have been bombarded with emails from a gambling website. Since I turned my cell phone on at 3:30pm, I have probably received 25 of the same email and her phone has just a little different email but from the same gambling website. What a pain in the a**.

Edited by "lostguy"
Not Geocaching related but my wife and I both have Verizon Wireless Cell phones and have been bombarded with emails from a gambling website. Since I turned my cell phone on at 3:30pm, I have probably received 25 of the same email and her phone has just a little different email but from the same gambling website. What a pain in the a**.
That really sucks. As long as we are whining about stuff like that, I get an average of 3-4 calls every freaking night from some charity. I told the last guy that if he could stop all the calls I'd be very generous. He laughed but said that he couldn't help me... :rolleyes:

Edit: 5 6 calls so far tonight. If my wife would let me I'd get rid of our house phone. <_<

Edited by TrailGators

Weird... I have new cache notifications sent to my phone. I've had about 30 notifications for the same cache since this afternoon. Yes, I've turned off my notifications, doesn't make a difference.

D!

Caller ID is really good. Just look at the number and don't answer the phone. Also turn down the volume on the answering machine. ;)

Edited by sfidc1946

Caller ID is really good. Just look at the number and don't answer the phone. Also turn down the volume on the answering machine. :D

They have finally put their plan into action for proximity marketing calls. You actually have to take action to be put on their don't-call list.

:(<_<Yes I am Whining! :unsure::blink:

[i hate it when the string keeps breaking on the weedwhacker! :blink: I hate it when the power cord keeps coming undone! :mad: I hate it when those nasty vines wraps around the weedwhacker and it starts smoking. :mad: I hate it when I have to use the electrical one 'cause I'm not strong enough to start the gas one! :unsure: I hate it when it rains and the weeds are wet and I'm green when I come inside! :unsure: I hate it when all the trash cans are full so I can't weedwhack anymore !

:huh: Ok..I'm done. I can't do any more yardwork 'cause the cans are full so I'm going shopping..or caching.

Edited by jahoadi and john
<_<:unsure:Yes I am Whining! :blink::blink:

[i hate it when the string keeps breaking on the weedwhacker! :mad: I hate it when the power cord keeps coming undone! :mad: I hate it when those nasty vines wraps around the weedwhacker and it starts smoking. :unsure: I hate it when I have to use the electrical one 'cause I'm not strong enough to start the gas one! :unsure: I hate it when it rains and the weeds are wet and I'm green when I come inside! :huh: I hate it when all the trash cans are full so I can't weedwhack anymore !

:huh: Ok..I'm done. I can't do any more yardwork 'cause the cans are full so I'm going shopping..or caching.

Jodi maybe you should get one of these.... :(

e4de95b6-99dd-4723-8e5d-fa72f0f12ba9.jpg

Edited by TrailGators
:(<_<Yes I am Whining! :unsure::unsure:

[i hate it when the string keeps breaking on the weedwhacker! :unsure: I hate it when the power cord keeps coming undone! :blink: I hate it when those nasty vines wraps around the weedwhacker and it starts smoking. :blink: I hate it when I have to use the electrical one 'cause I'm not strong enough to start the gas one! :mad: I hate it when it rains and the weeds are wet and I'm green when I come inside! :mad: I hate it when all the trash cans are full so I can't weedwhack anymore !

0002006A.gif Caching would be cheaper then shopping then again with the price of gas maybe not. You could go Caching on your way to shopping. I would say make John work over time, but it doesn't make a difference. 000201E5.gif 00020205.gif

:(<_<Yes I am Whining! :unsure::unsure:

[i hate it when the string keeps breaking on the weedwhacker! :unsure: I hate it when the power cord keeps coming undone! :blink: I hate it when those nasty vines wraps around the weedwhacker and it starts smoking. :blink: I hate it when I have to use the electrical one 'cause I'm not strong enough to start the gas one! :mad: I hate it when it rains and the weeds are wet and I'm green when I come inside! :huh: I hate it when all the trash cans are full so I can't weedwhack anymore !

:P Ok..I'm done. I can't do any more yardwork 'cause the cans are full so I'm going shopping..or caching.

Jodi maybe you should get one of these.... :mad:

10101950.jpg

:(:P Oh My! Is he for sale or hire? I feel better already! :huh: