San Diego Whiners Thread

"lostguy"

Now that I think this one over ... I've already been inside Donovan State Prison numerous times. In fact I've been inside more State and Frederal prisons than any inmate in the system.

So then how about this one, a magnetic micro attached to the bunk frame of a Level 5

inmate at Pelican Bay State Prison.

The rating could be:

Difficulty 1

Terrain 5 (Special equipment required)

Stealth 5 (Never, ever let a no-human-contact prisoner notice you while makinig a grab)

Did you have some good single malt tonight Harmon? :D:laughing:

No but I'm wasted anyway. Had to drive back to Santee from

Mt. Shasta overnight last night, fifteen hours in the saddle.

Heading back that way in a day or two.

I hate I-5!

I'm just joking with you Harmon. I bet you have some interesting prison stories. :laughing:

I know Pat, and yes I do indeed. One thing for sure,

I can't tell them when my sweet bride is near.

I hate posts to this thread that just seem to ramble endlessly. I mean the ones that go nowhere and really don't say anything. You know like that one the other day, it was crazy man! Folks should really say something. Talk about gravity or how we are too far from the sun or something like that. Or how people should wear pink in the jungles to stand out more. Make a statement about something that matters. Don't just ramble on and on. You know? I'm not sure why it bothers me, but I woke up this morning thinking about this, and I lost sleep over it, so I wanted to post here. I didn't want to just rant about nothing like everyone else. And they go nowhere with their logic, none of them! They just keep droning on and on. I hate that! Why can't everyone be like me (or Harmon) and talk about real stuff like I am now. You know? There has to be something important out there to talk about. Not just silly stuff. How about why Wheaties get soggy in milk. Anyone want to talk about that?

Or should we listen to people go on and on about nothing. Ok, I'm done. Not one more word from me. Not one. Total silence. Yep, until I have something important to say. That's it.

Total freakin' silence

PS. I'm posting here to keep up our 10% ratio of posts to finds. (hey, someone should do a cache that requires a post to the forums to log it!)

***disclaimer*** Laurie had nothing to do with this meaningless log. She doesn't even know about it yet. She's the one that says intelligent stuff. Won't she be embarrassed?

I hate posts to this thread that just seem to ramble endlessly. I mean the ones that go nowhere and really don't say anything. You know like that one the other day, it was crazy man! Folks should really say something. Talk about gravity or how we are too far from the sun or something like that. Or how people should wear pink in the jungles to stand out more. Make a statement about something that matters. Don't just ramble on and on. You know? I'm not sure why it bothers me, but I woke up this morning thinking about this, and I lost sleep over it, so I wanted to post here. I didn't want to just rant about nothing like everyone else. And they go nowhere with their logic, none of them! They just keep droning on and on. I hate that! Why can't everyone be like me (or Harmon) and talk about real stuff like I am now. You know? There has to be something important out there to talk about. Not just silly stuff. How about why Wheaties get soggy in milk. Anyone want to talk about that?

Or should we listen to people go on and on about nothing. Ok, I'm done. Not one more word from me. Not one. Total silence. Yep, until I have something important to say. That's it.

Total freakin' silence

PS. I'm posting here to keep up our 10% ratio of posts to finds. (hey, someone should do a cache that requires a post to the forums to log it!)

***disclaimer*** Laurie had nothing to do with this meaningless log. She doesn't even know about it yet. She's the one that says intelligent stuff. Won't she be embarrassed?

Hi Laurie. How are you?

Total freakin' silence

Hi Laurie. How are you?

My whine for the day is that I can no longer whine here freely, since I now have proof that hubby reads the Forums. :laughing: (I'll be adjusting his meds so this won't happen again...!!) Other than that, Dick, things are going well!!

Total freakin' silence

Hi Laurie. How are you?
My whine for the day is that I can no longer whine here freely, since I now have proof that hubby reads the Forums. :D (I'll be adjusting his meds so this won't happen again...!!) Other than that, Dick, things are going well!!

"Hubby" can read? :laughing:

Well, Laurie, I know you all are new to the marriage thing and all, but just to let you know, there are far more embarrassing things to find out than that your husband has been reading the geocaching forums. :)

Just trying to put things into perspective... :)

Total freakin' silence

Hi Laurie. How are you?
My whine for the day is that I can no longer whine here freely, since I now have proof that hubby reads the Forums. :D (I'll be adjusting his meds so this won't happen again...!!) Other than that, Dick, things are going well!!

Well, Laurie, I know you all are new to the marriage thing and all, but just to let you know, there are far more embarrassing things to find out than that your husband has been reading the geocaching forums. :)

How true! For instance, I'll bet he hasn't told you that he likes to dress up in women's clothes sometimes. Now THAT would be embarrassing if he ever let it slip out. :) Good thing I'm sworn to silence! :D

Total freakin' silence

Hi Laurie. How are you?

How true! For instance, I'll bet he hasn't told you that he likes to dress up in women's clothes sometimes. Now THAT would be embarrassing if he ever let it slip out. :) Good thing I'm sworn to silence! :D

Oh, wait . . . I'm getting cachers mixed up again. That happens sometimes when you get old. It was actually . . . but perhaps I shouldn't say . . . . .

I mean here I am driving around the desert in the Geo Bug and I have 10 vehicles following me. It was like a traffic jam in some spots. I mean I go to the desert to get away from traffic. Not only that these crazy people are stopping every ten minutes and getting out with what looks like a cell phone in their hands and walking around in circles and then gathering in one spot and signing something. Then they all jump back in their vechicles and it's a traffic nightmare again. What is the desert coming to ? That's my whine for today. 0002006A.gif

PS. it sure was fun though being in the front and not having to eat all that dust. 0002018C.gif

I mean here I am driving around the desert in the Geo Bug and I have 10 vehicles following me. It was like a traffic jam in some spots. I mean I go to the desert to get away from traffic. Not only that these crazy people are stopping every ten minutes and getting out with what looks like a cell phone in their hands and walking around in circles and then gathering in one spot and signing something. Then they all jump back in their vechicles and it's a traffic nightmare again. What is the desert coming to ? That's my whine for today. 0002006A.gif

PS. it sure was fun though being in the front and not having to eat all that dust. 0002018C.gif

O.K., Mr. Whiney...................who was in the back of the pack making sure everyone made it??

We enjoyed ALL of the dust, AND only found ONE cache we hadn't done yet! Good thing Dr. Exotic gave us the Pirate bandana!

The Splashes :D:D

[/font]

O.K., Mr. Whiney...................who was in the back of the pack making sure everyone made it??

We enjoyed ALL of the dust, AND only found ONE cache we hadn't done yet! Good thing Dr. Exotic gave us the Pirate bandana!

The Splashes :D:D

At least you got to go, I had to much fun with my truck that i didn't have enough gas to go and then get home.

This sounds like whinng to me

Dear IT Support,

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a slow down in the overall performance, particularly in the flower, gifts and jewelry applications that had operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0.

In addition, Husband 1.0 un-installed many other valuable programs, such as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5, but installed undesirable programs such as Formula One 5.0, NBA 3.0 and World Cup 2.0.

And now Conversation 8.0 no longer runs and House Cleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system. I've tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail.

What can I do?

Signed,

Desperate Housewife

Reply:

Dear Desperate Housewife,

First keep in mind:

Boy friend 5.0 is an entertainment package, while Husband 1.0 is an operating system.

Try entering the command C:\ I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME and download Tears 6.2 to install Guilt 3.0.

If all works as designed, Husband 1.0 should then automatically run the applications Jewelry 2.0 and Flowers 3.5.

But remember, overuse can cause Husband 1.0 to default to Grumpy Silence 2.5, Happy Hour 7.0 or Late Night Teh Tarik 6.1.

Late Night 6.1 is a very bad program that will create SnoringLoudly.wav files.

Whatever you do, DO NOT install Mother-in-Law 1.0 or reinstall another Boyfriend program. These are not supported applications and will crash Husband 1.0.

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have a limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly.

You might consider additional software to improve memory and performance.

I personally recommend Hot Tasty Food 3.0 and Tongkat Ali 6.9.

Good Luck,

IT Support

00020148.gif

Dear IT Support,

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a slow down in the overall performance, particularly in the flower, gifts and jewelry applications that had operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0.

In addition, Husband 1.0 un-installed many other valuable programs, such as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5, but installed undesirable programs such as Formula One 5.0, NBA 3.0 and World Cup 2.0.

And now Conversation 8.0 no longer runs and House Cleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system. I've tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail.

What can I do?

Signed,

Desperate Housewife

Reply:

First keep in mind:

Boy friend 5.0 is an entertainment package, while Husband 1.0 is an operating system.

Try entering the command C:\ I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME and download Tears 6.2 to install Guilt 3.0.

If all works as designed, Husband 1.0 should then automatically run the applications Jewelry 2.0 and Flowers 3.5.

But remember, overuse can cause Husband 1.0 to default to Grumpy Silence 2.5, Happy Hour 7.0 or Late Night Teh Tarik 6.1.

Whatever you do, DO NOT install Mother-in-Law 1.0 or reinstall another Boyfriend program. These are not supported applications and will crash Husband 1.0.

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have a limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly.

Good Luck,

IT Support

00020148.gif

:blink::)

I was bummed after getting my family and I up to an elevation of 8516 feet, then to find out a cache is missing! Luckily, we did find one cache while we were up there!

040d85df-ebf7-42cc-bf46-74557b5b307f.jpg

High above Palm Springs after an almost vertical tram ride! My nomination for a GC banner photo!

Edited by kawikaturn
I was bummed after getting my family and I up to an elevation of 8516 feet, then to find out a cache is missing! Luckily, we did find one cache while we were up there!

High above Palm Springs after an almost vertical tram ride! My nomination for a GC banner photo!

Nice photo Dave! Did you find my cache up there? Can I whine if you didn't? :blink:

Nice photo Dave! Did you find my cache up there? Can I whine if you didn't? :ph34r:

Sorry - that did not even make my PQ list! Maybe I will get there when the kids are a bit older on our next tram ride!

Dear IT Support,

What can I do?

Signed,

Desperate Housewife

Reply:

First keep in mind:

Good Luck,

IT Support

00020148.gif

:D:laughing:

:mad::D:mad::D

Just a general whine because I am terrible at math and would like to know if anyone out there can help me with a Math problem and then tell me how they arrived at the answer. I guy goes to a lake and catches 45 trout, tags them and then releases them back in the lake. The next day he goes to the lake and catches 50 trout of which 18 of them are the tagged trout. What is the estimate of the total number of trout in the lake? Any help would be appreciated.

Just a general whine because I am terrible at math and would like to know if anyone out there can help me with a Math problem and then tell me how they arrived at the answer. I guy goes to a lake and catches 45 trout, tags them and then releases them back in the lake. The next day he goes to the lake and catches 50 trout of which 18 of them are the tagged trout. What is the estimate of the total number of trout in the lake? Any help would be appreciated.

My estimate is that there are 77 trout in the lake.

32 (of the 77) were dropped into the lake in the middle of the night by space aliens (and that's why they weren't caught yesterday.)

27 (of the 77) are dead due to being handled during the tagging process (and that's why they weren't caught today.)

:unsure:

32 (of the 77) were dropped into the lake in the middle of the night by space aliens (and that's why they weren't caught yesterday.)

27 (of the 77) are dead due to being handled during the tagging process (and that's why they weren't caught today.)

If this guy is catching 45-50 trout everytime he goes fishing there are probably thousands of trout in that lake! :unsure:

If this guy is catching 45-50 trout everytime he goes fishing there are probably thousands of trout in that lake! :unsure:

Wish I would have caught the name of the lake. I'm sure it's one of those pay as you go places.

If this guy is catching 45-50 trout everytime he goes fishing there are probably thousands of trout in that lake! :lol:

Wish I would have caught the name of the lake. I'm sure it's one of those pay as you go places.

Does it have "hatchery" in the name? :lol::unsure:

OK, here it is for real.

All of this assumes that there was no interference by space aliens or the Department of Fisheries and assumes no previously tagged fish in the pond, that no fish hatched in the middle of the night, that no fish ate any other fish and that Fisnjack was not in the area.

On the second day, 36% (18 out of 50) of a random sample of the fish in the pond had tags. Thus, we can assume that the percentage of fish in the pond with tags is ~36%. On the first day, 45 fish were caught and tagged. Thus we know that 45 is 36% of the total number of fish in the pond.

45 is 36% of 125 fish.

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer

OK, here it is for real.

All of this assumes that there was no interference by space aliens or the Department of Fisheries and assumes no previously tagged fish in the pond, that no fish hatched in the middle of the night, that no fish ate any other fish and that Fisnjack was not in the area.

On the second day, 36% (18 out of 50) of a random sample of the fish in the pond had tags. Thus, we can assume that the percentage of fish in the pond with tags is ~36%. On the first day, 45 fish were caught and tagged. Thus we know that 45 is 36% of the total number of fish in the pond.

45 is 36% of 125 fish.

Makes sense to me and that's the answer my son's girlfriend came up with also but I didn't believe it. Thank for the assist.

If this guy is catching 45-50 trout everytime he goes fishing there are probably thousands of trout in that lake! :lol:

OK, here it is for real.

45 is 36% of 125 fish.

Very good James and the margin of error would be +/- 14%. Is there a way we can use this answer to come up with some coordinates for a puzzle cache? :unsure:

Does it have "hatchery" in the name? :lol::unsure:

Don't know if it had hatchery in the name but I think the fishermans name was Alpers.

There are 12 new Caches out in the Desert but that Commie Pinko Marko wants to wait before they get posted. He doesn't want to tee off the Rangers in ABDSP.

He's even waiting for the ones that are clearly in the OHVRA of Ocotillo Wells. 0002006A.gif

All the Caches are not in the ABDSP, but you can clearly see the boundary makers from GZ. 0002013F.gif 000201B9.gif

PS. I see his point and will wait, but I had to have my rant. Now I can go back to my room. 00020148.gif

Edited by SKILLET

How come no one is whining about the weather. 0002006A.gif

Do you all like Caching in the mud or something. 00020187.gif

We cached IN the clouds this weekend, as well as in high winds, rain, sleet & SNOW B):)

AND............this was in the desert! :)

The Splashes :)B)

A Polar Bear word of wisdom:

There is never anything wrong with the weather, you're just not dressed properly.

I'll think I'll pull my comforter up more snugly and turn on the electric blanket. B)

I hate people that have nothing better to do but make snide and stupid comments on the forums that add nothing the the conversation, but instead upset people. Go post on Youtube and start your flame wars there, keep the trash from the CITO events.

You must be talking about those two guys that aren't even from this area, but sure like to add their 2 cents and have no idea what is going on here. :ph34r:

the initals.TC and RK :) ring a bell??

They should try Caching instead of just posting. :)

I hate people that have nothing better to do but make snide and stupid comments on the forums that add nothing the the conversation, but instead upset people. Go post on Youtube and start your flame wars there, keep the trash from the CITO events.

You must be talking about those two guys that aren't even from this area, but sure like to add their 2 cents and have no idea what is going on here. :ph34r:

the initals.TC and RK :) ring a bell??

They should try Caching instead of just posting. :)

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!