San Diego Whiners Thread

"lostguy"

When I first started if you went out and did 3 or 4 Caches on a weekend you were doing good. Now if you don't get 10 or 15 or more it's a bad weekend. What a difference a few years make. 0002006A.gif
I think I found around 30 in my first 3-4 months of caching and I went almost every weekend.

These new cachers sure have it good. Caches all over the place from great hikes to parks to virtually every shopping center in town. Do you realize how many more LPCs could be out there. So little time to set up caches in each and every one that would still maintain the .1 mile limit. I still fondly remember my first and was so impressed that someone would think to hide a cache under there. I think I've become jaded. I need to be more tolerant. This thread needs to just slowly disappear down the forums and never be seen or heard from again. Let it die a dignified death!

:huh: Hey wait a minute..didn't you start this thread Dick? And now you want to kill it? I hate it when men change their mind. That prerogative is reserved for women! There...that should keep this one alive....

I'm from Colorado but can I whine here?

SUMMERS COMING TO AN END AND I HAVE BEEN HAVING SOOO MUCH FUN!!

JEEPING AND CACHING-CACHING AND JEEPING(sniff) :huh:

IMG_1471.jpg

Hey wait a minute, ski seasons coming. I hope I can afford it.

Are you going to get Dave on skis or maybe even a snowboard this winnter?! :huh:

If that happens, I'll be sure to send along some pics.

JEEPING AND CACHING-CACHING AND JEEPING(sniff) :huh:

IMG_1471.jpg

Are you going to get Dave on skis or maybe even a snowboard this winnter?! :huh:

If so, be sure to send him here: Mary Jane Cache

Look! It's our old friend, Dr. Boggis!

9a80b15e-b1fc-4914-87e0-05c5b9e5abb6.jpgf160404c-eee3-4719-a496-267073a6a43a.jpg

JEEPING AND CACHING-CACHING AND JEEPING(sniff) :rolleyes:

IMG_1471.jpg

If so, be sure to send him here: Mary Jane Cache

Look! It's our old friend, Dr. Boggis!

9a80b15e-b1fc-4914-87e0-05c5b9e5abb6.jpgf160404c-eee3-4719-a496-267073a6a43a.jpg

b29da4be-cdcc-4502-b296-2aedb8b05885.jpg

Tuna deleted my found-cache log for Mt. Israel. WHAH!

Quick, go read my current entry before he deletes that one too.

Anyone know if that affects my found total? Probably does, but anyone know for sure?

Yup! When you delete someone's smiley, they lose the number from their total finds. Here . . . Let me show you . .. (deleting all Chuy! logs from all S&R caches . . . ) :huh:

Anyone know if that affects my found total? Probably does, but anyone know for sure?

I guess he wasn't pleased with what you said. Anyhow, I did that one when it was a traditonal before they banned geocachng in that park. The better view was actually from a cache farther west called "Lawyers cache" or something like that. On a clear day you could see the most of the coast and the ocean from near that one. Edited by TrailGators

Yup! When you delete someone's smiley, they lose the number from their total finds. Here . . . Let me show you . .. (deleting all Chuy! logs from all S&R caches . . . ) :huh:

;) Yep it does work! We just passed Chuy! in total finds by deleting all his log on our caches (thanks for the start S&R). Hummmmmm who is next?? B)

Edited by jahoadi and john

b29da4be-cdcc-4502-b296-2aedb8b05885.jpg

A purple cast? Isn't that a sign of Royalty?

b80ff6e6-e707-4939-9b26-ea5137f81fa7.jpg

Yeah, me as royalty, that's rich. Actually I was born a Smith ...

my mother was a Smith and she married a Smith; a purebred

Smith you see but I never met th' man.

Purebred Smith, that's sub-peasant I do believe and proud of it.

I got my present last name as a prize in a box of Quaker Oats,

and a single setting of cheap dishes. I've been eating Quaker

Oats since hoping for the rest of the set.

Some say that Quaker Oats are good for you. Yeah, well, take a

look at that picture of me.

As to the cast, I had a different color for each recast. Oboy do I

ever miss those danged thangs.

To know me is to love me, you know, for a little while.

I hate Quaker Oats.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Not sure this is a whine or not. But a new cache was put in Crest this weekend and I am the only one to find it. You guys don't like Crest anymore or what?

Yeah, Crest is for sissies :D .

I can only speak for myself; I just got back yesterday from a trip to Guadalajara, Mexico. Today was my first cache find since last Thursday :) - WHAH! :P I almost tied my record for consecutive no-cache days, which is five since I registered. I have a busy two weeks coming with birthdays, work, the Ensenada bike ride, but hope to make it up there soon. And tomorrow is my wife's birthday and I haven't got her anything!

Edited by Chuy!

Not sure this is a whine or not. But a new cache was put in Crest this weekend and I am the only one to find it. You guys don't like Crest anymore or what?

Yeah, Crest is for sissies :) .

I can only speak for myself; I just got back yesterday from a trip to Guadalajara, Mexico. Today was my first cache find since last Thursday :D - WHAH! :P I almost tied my record for consecutive no-cache days, which is five since I registered. I have a busy two weeks coming with birthdays, work, the Ensenada bike ride, but hope to make it up there soon. And tomorrow is my wife's birthday and I haven't got her anything!

:) Chuy!, are you whining because you have to get her something?? (This is John)

Yeah, Crest is for sissies :D .

I can only speak for myself; I just got back yesterday from a trip to Guadalajara, Mexico. Today was my first cache find since last Thursday :) - WHAH! :P I almost tied my record for consecutive no-cache days, which is five since I registered. I have a busy two weeks coming with birthdays, work, the Ensenada bike ride, but hope to make it up there soon. And tomorrow is my wife's birthday and I haven't got her anything!

:D Chuy!, are you whining because you have to get her something?? (This is John)

:o:) This is Jodi: John you better be quiet. If Chuy! takes any advice from you about buying his wife a birthday present he'll be seeing a lawyer in a week.... :P:) And yes...I am whining!!!!!!!

I got one you're gonna love.

On Aug 8 my PC crashed whilst I was at the Meet n Greet in Rancho San Diego. A check of the system reveals that the motherboard is fried. Given that it is still under warranty I contact the manufacturer.

"Oh yes, send it to us and we'll repair it."

I send it off....ten days later I get a registered letter from them.

"Because you're PC was built in Australia, we are unable to repair your motherboard here in the USA...so we have shipped it off to our SE Asian office for repair."

:D

Ten days later it comes back to the USA and I get another letter.

"Your motherboard was replaced by our SE Asian office but because they upgraded the board, your CPU no longer fits. We are sending the motherboard back, this time accompanied by the CPU so they can integrate the two."

:P

Ten more days UPS deliver the motherboard and CPU to the house.

My whine: for 30 days the only geocaching I could do was those chords previously uploaded into the GPS, AND...for the cost of two return trans-Pacific consigments and a UPS delivery...they could have cut their losses and just bought me a new PC. :)

Oh wow just noticed this thread!

I love to whine however comma I have not had the time to devote to whining that I used to :D

For my whine today...my avatar was deleted by addmin...some one complained and said it was offensive???

Must have been a raider fan...the word "raider" is offensive to me...I should complain about any and all uses of that word! :)

Thanks for hearing me cry :P

PS I am surprised that rjbloom has not posted to this thread!

I love to whine however comma I have not had the time to devote to whining that I used to :sad:

For my whine today...my avatar was deleted by addmin...some one complained and said it was offensive???

Must have been a raider fan...the word "raider" is offensive to me...I should complain about any and all uses of that word! :)

Thanks for hearing me cry :)

I can't remember what your avatar looked like. Now I'm curious....

Should I whine about my memory (and my eyesight) getting worse as I get older? :P

Edited by TrailGators

Yeah, Crest is for sissies :P .

I can only speak for myself; I just got back yesterday from a trip to Guadalajara, Mexico. Today was my first cache find since last Thursday :o - WHAH! :) I almost tied my record for consecutive no-cache days, which is five since I registered. I have a busy two weeks coming with birthdays, work, the Ensenada bike ride, but hope to make it up there soon. And tomorrow is my wife's birthday and I haven't got her anything!

:) Chuy!, are you whining because you have to get her something?? (This is John)

Chuy are you whining because you were not FTF? :D

:):P This is Jodi: John you better be quiet. If Chuy! takes any advice from you about buying his wife a birthday present he'll be seeing a lawyer in a week.... :sad::P And yes...I am whining!!!!!!!

I love to whine however comma I have not had the time to devote to whining that I used to :)

Thanks for hearing me cry :sad:

Yea he does that on the San Diego Thread . :o:P

Edited by Team Fatman

Yea he does that on the San Diego Thread . :):sad:

Go back and check the thread, guys...

And now that everyone has gotten the point, maybe it's time to move on...?

Na I like stirring the pot.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Stirring the pot is going to be in the San Diego Recipe Exchange Thread that has yet to be created.

Wait a minute, I'll be right back.

I love to whine however comma I have not had the time to devote to whining that I used to :P

Must have been a raider fan...the word "raider" is offensive to me...I should complain about any and all uses of that word! :sad:

Should I whine about my memory (and my eyesight) getting worse as I get older? :)

This pic is not family friendly...look at your own risk...I am going to delete it soon so look now.

Note to admin: I am not trying to stir anything up...I agree with you...I was asked to show the photo...and I have to give into peer pressure...please do not but me on "double secret probation!"...I will be good!

SORRY LINK REMOVED TO PROTECT ME FROM ANY FORUM READERS WITH SAND IN THEIR....

PS When it was an avatar it was soooooo small you could not see the finger.

Edited by GoBolts!

I love to whine however comma I have not had the time to devote to whining that I used to :P

Must have been a raider fan...the word "raider" is offensive to me...I should complain about any and all uses of that word! :sad:

Should I whine about my memory (and my eyesight) getting worse as I get older? :)

This pic is not family friendly...look at your own risk...I am going to delete it soon so look now.

Note to admin: I am not trying to stir anything up...I agree with you...I was asked to show the photo...and I have to give into peer pressure...please do not but me on "double secret probation!"...I will be good!

Here is the link to the avatar!

Sorry to hear you had to lose your avatar, and it's my job to stir things up.

I love to whine however comma I have not had the time to devote to whining that I used to :)

Should I whine about my memory (and my eyesight) getting worse as I get older? :o

Here is the link to the avatar!

That's awesome! :P

I don't get on the forums much but I have to do this. I am not from San Diego and I am not whining but I am going to post the whining from some people who are. Have you ever went out looking for an FTF and found that someone had beat you to it?

Well here are some comments of some real whiners who got to it to late you may know some of them:

Jellis here was expecting and didn't think the cache was worth it:

September 10 by jellis50 (3502 found)

Out caching with TeamAlamo, Donvsop and Fisherwoman in the Berryessa, Knockville and Clearlake. We were expecting to be FTF because no one had logged it in. But someone had almost 12 hrs earlier and didn't post it. If we had known we would have skipped it for another day. TYFTH

[view this log on a separate page]

September 10 by donvsop (3495 found)

TeamAlamo, Fisherwoman, Jellis50 and I spent the day in and around the Clearlake area. There were a lot of recently placed caches in the area and we concentrated on those. Along the way, I also did a few of the older ones that some of the others had done before.

TNLNSL TFTC

The cache was out of there way:

September 10 by DavidT21 & Fisherwoman (12243 found)

We had trouble deciding to go for this or not. After some thinking about a possible FTF, we decided to go out of our way a bit for this one, only to find someone had beat us to it last night and hadn't logged it yet. Traded TB's

Watch out for the cache Police:

September 10 by TeamAlamo (23992 found)

It is appropriate for the FTF to be timely in logging.

Thank u for the cache.

September 9 by A Team Vallejo (841 found)

Woohoo FTF!

I would be more timely in logging my caches if All I had to do in life was cache. Get a life.

Anyway found it after my gpsr settled. Seen a gray fox, A deer with 5pts and heard the coyotes of in the distance. Left my last green Jeep tb, and the christmas coin to get started. Took the first aid kit and snowake biner.

Nice night out for caching!

Nice hide Hav42!

TFTC

Happy Caching!

Edited by A Team Vallejo

We need to sauce up this thread in the sense of

the Monty Python Argument Clinic. You know,

some healthy arguments and contradictions.

You guys go ahead and I watch to see how it goes.

No we shouldn't :D:D

I believe he has every right to start an argument.

And if Harmon runs it it could be:

Well, It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten Photoshop lessons.

Well, I think it would be best if Harmon perhaps started off with just the one and then see how it goes.

Fine. Well, We'll see who's free at the moment.

You guys go ahead and I'll watch to see how it goes.

Well, It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten Photoshop lessons.

Well, I think it would be best if Harmon perhaps started off with just the one and then see how it goes.

Must I do everything? It's not f-a-i-r. So, well, fine ... here goes, try this one for size.

A Garmin GPSr is better than a Magellan GPSr.

Monty Python rules: First round is the Contradiction round. No arguments and no abuse please.

The Argument Clinic

Edited by SD Rowdies

Must I do everything? It's not f-a-i-r. So, well, fine ... here goes, try this one for size.

Monty Python rules: First round is the Contradiction round. No arguments and no abuse please.

The Argument Clinic

No it's not!

The Argument Clinic

No it's not!

Yes it is!

I love to whine however comma I have not had the time to devote to whining that I used to :D

Must have been a raider fan...the word "raider" is offensive to me...I should complain about any and all uses of that word! :D

Thanks for hearing me cry :D

Should I whine about my memory (and my eyesight) getting worse as I get older? :D

SORRY LINK REMOVED TO PROTECT ME FROM ANY FORUM READERS WITH SAND IN THEIR....

NewEnglandPatriotsHelmet.jpg

Latest spy camera equiped QB helmet, not only a new green dot on the back, but notice the odd lens protruding from the side!

Go Pats!

We still love ya Elvis, through thick and time-lapsed photography.

The Argument Clinic

No it's not!

Yes it is!

'tisn't!

No we shouldn't :):(

The Argument Clinic

No it's not!

Yes it is!

'tisn't!

Could be

No we shouldn't B):P

The Argument Clinic

No it's not!

Yes it is!

'tisn't!

Could be

No Way

No we shouldn't B):P

The Argument Clinic

No it's not!

Yes it is!

'tisn't!

Could be

No Way

"WAY"

No we shouldn't B)B)

The Argument Clinic

No it's not!

Yes it is!

'tisn't!

Could be

No Way

"WAY"

Are you guys trying to break the largest thread thingy record? :P