San Diego Whiners Thread

"lostguy"

Nobody will let me pass them on the Top Fifty TB List. ... and I try hard too. ... and I'm an old man, wouldn't you think people would be nice to me?

Oh yeah, Harmon, like you have something to whine about. ;) TR is above us. Like we'll ever pass him. ;)

And anyway, it's been too freakin' HOT! to cache.

And did I mention the price of gas? Who can afford to drive to cache sites?

Sheesh!

I just found out from the doctor that I did tear the ACL in my right knee last Friday. Now I can't go hiking/geocaching for weeks. So can I whine about that? The good news is that no matter how hot it is, I am (stuck) inside with the cool A/C and Football is starting! However, if the power goes out it won't be so cool inside. If that happens I'll promise to come back here and whine about that... :laughing:

I just found out from the doctor that I did tear the ACL in my right knee last Friday. Now I can't go hiking/geocaching for weeks. So can I whine about that? The good news is that no matter how hot it is, I am (stuck) inside with the cool A/C and Football is starting! However, if the power goes out it won't be so cool inside. If that happens I'll promise to come back here and whine about that... :laughing:

Sorry to hear about the knee, Pat. Now you need a geo-gigolo to drive you around, grab caches, log you in, and...

Edited by FlagMan

Sorry to hear about the knee, Pat. Now you need a geo-gigolo to drive you around, grab caches, log you in, and...

:ph34r: Thanks Tom.

Jerry had mentioned that you messed up your knee playing softball. Get well soon. It could be much worse, you could be a Michigan fan.

I just found out from the doctor that I did tear the ACL in my right knee last Friday. Now I can't go hiking/geocaching for weeks. So can I whine about that? The good news is that no matter how hot it is, I am (stuck) inside with the cool A/C and Football is starting! However, if the power goes out it won't be so cool inside. If that happens I'll promise to come back here and whine about that... :ph34r:

Jerry had mentioned that you messed up your knee playing softball. Get well soon. It could be much worse, you could be a Michigan fan.

Actually, it was friendly game of Volleyball at a work picnic in Mission Bay. I knew I should have blown it off to go find some caches! :ph34r: But you are right it would be worse if I was a Michigan fan, but I'm a Bruin fan and they won their first game! :laughing:

Sorry to hear about your knee. Enjoy the football while you're recovering and if gets too hot, eat some ice cream :ph34r:

I just found out from the doctor that I did tear the ACL in my right knee last Friday. Now I can't go hiking/geocaching for weeks. So can I whine about that? The good news is that no matter how hot it is, I am (stuck) inside with the cool A/C and Football is starting! However, if the power goes out it won't be so cool inside. If that happens I'll promise to come back here and whine about that... :ph34r:

Sorry to hear about your knee. Enjoy the football while you're recovering and if gets too hot, eat some ice cream :ph34r:

Thanks Mr. T. However, if I don't going hiking for weeks and just sit around and eat ice cream all day, they are going to have to paint "GOODYEAR" on my belly....Then my wife can log into this thread and whine about that.... :laughing: Edited by TrailGators

Just a thread created for folks that feel the need to whine about something. No specific topic needed but just the need to whine. Feel free to post here.

I want to complain about creative cachers who have the time, and talent, to create caches like the one I found here, completely showing up those cachers with no creative talent whatsoever who have the nerve to place caches anyway, even when they don't have a cache container with them. :laughing:

:ph34r:

Just a thread created for folks that feel the need to whine about something. No specific topic needed but just the need to whine. Feel free to post here.

I want to complain about creative cachers who have the time, and talent, to create caches like the one I found here, completely showing up those cachers with no creative talent whatsoever who have the nerve to place caches anyway, even when they don't have a cache container with them. :laughing:

All caches seem to have some value in my eyes although I do have some that I prefer not to go find. Your cache involved a fun hike and I got some much needed exercise in a beautiful area and these types of objects, found in the wild, are mandatory cache placement objects. I enjoyed it and thanks for the cache.

All caches seem to have some value in my eyes although I do have some that I prefer not to go find. Your cache involved a fun hike and I got some much needed exercise in a beautiful area and these types of objects, found in the wild, are mandatory cache placement objects. I enjoyed it and thanks for the cache.

I can't think of one cache that took me on a fun hike that I didn't appreciate and enjoy. :ph34r:
This thread hasn't hit its stride.

Snake & Rooster need to post a definition for "whining" so's we can stick to the topic at hand.

OMG, Harmon . . . why does it always have to be us? You're always making us do things that we don't have time for! It's NOT FAIR!

whine /ʰwaɪn, waɪn/ <A href=""' target=_blank>Pronunciation Key - <A href='http://"' target=_blank>Show Spelled Pronunciation[hwahyn, wahyn] <A href=""' target=_blank>Pronunciation Key - <A href='http://"' target=_blank>Show IPA Pronunciation verb, whined, whin·ing, noun

–verb (used without object) 1.to utter a low, usually nasal, complaining cry or sound, as from uneasiness, discontent, peevishness, etc.: The puppies were whining from hunger.

2.to snivel or complain in a peevish, self-pitying way: He is always whining about his problems. –verb (used with object)

3.to utter with or as if with a whine: I whined my litany of complaints. –noun

4.a whining utterance, sound, or tone.

5.a feeble, peevish complaint.

Edited by Snake & Rooster

Snake & Rooster need to post a definition for "whining" so's we can stick to the topic at hand.

OMG, Harmon . . . why does it always have to be us? You're always making us do things that we don't have time for! It's NOT FAIR!

whine /ʰwaɪn, waɪn/ <A href=""' target=_blank>Pronunciation Key - <A href='http://"' target=_blank>Show Spelled Pronunciation[hwahyn, wahyn] <A href=""' target=_blank>Pronunciation Key - <A href='http://"' target=_blank>Show IPA Pronunciation verb, whined, whin·ing, noun

–verb (used without object) 1.to utter a low, usually nasal, complaining cry or sound, as from uneasiness, discontent, peevishness, etc.: The puppies were whining from hunger.

2.to snivel or complain in a peevish, self-pitying way: He is always whining about his problems. –verb (used with object)

And here I thought it was an alcoholic beverage made from fermented grapes best consumed with large quantities of cheese...

That's it, peevishness and self pity as distinct from rants and complaints.

Yeah, well, Snake & Rooster why do I get all the blame? I'm just an old man trying to keep you young whippersnappers in line and nobody appreciates me like I do. By cracky, we didn't have whippersnappers in the olden days. ... or them dang-blamed cell phones fillin' the air with all that yapppin'. Whaddaya think the space aliens think of us with all that yappin' on the air waves? Why can't everybody be like me?

Say, that felt good. Thanks for the chance to whine FlagMan.

Boy do I hate it when that commie-pinko reviewer guy makes me move my new hides. Why does he just pick on me for gosh sakes? It's not fair.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Back to whining.

I hate it when people put golf balls in caches.

Why?
Actually they are in there for a good reason - the titanium core and the dimpled surface confounds the GPS satellite signals, making for a more challenging find - didn't you know that? Just be glad there are only one or two in that ammo can... :)

Two_similar_icosahedron_golf_ball_designs.jpg

Edited by TFTC
Back to whining.

Why?
Actually they are in there for a good reason - the titanium core and the dimpled surface confounds the GPS satellite signals, making for a more challenging find - didn't you know that? Just be glad there are only one or two in that ammo can... :o

Two_similar_icosahedron_golf_ball_designs.jpg

I would guess that an ammo can comes close to being a pretty decent Faraday cage (they would be perfect if they had conductive gaskets) so I wouldn't expect much interference from a few golf balls in an ammo can. It's those darn tupperware boxes that offer no shielding from the ill effects of a dimpled golf ball. :(

We will service no whine before its time...

Back to whining.

Guilty. I put them in if I find 'em on the way to the cache, and there's room for it, and the ball is in decent condition.

I hate it when people whine :( - and I'm a big whiner! :o .

Chuy, how many times have I told you...

30703924_7209376_thumbnail.jpg

Back to whining.

Guilty. I put them in if I find 'em on the way to the cache, and there's room for it, and the ball is in decent condition.

I hate it when people whine :( - and I'm a big whiner! :o .

I'd say "Love it" if I could phrase it like a whine. San Diego County No-Whining Police.

Back to whining.

I hate it when people whine :o - and I'm a big whiner! :( .

Well, that's a thread-kill if I ever saw one! :(
:(;) Can I really say whatever I want or will the whining police get mad at me????

Whining police !!! 000200C0.gif

All though maybe they should look at the S.D. Thread and move all those whiners here. 00020150.gif

That was object of this thread. Get all the folks that can't be happy to just go out and grab some caches and be happy that someone even bothered to hide them to just come here and whine till their hearts content and not clog up the other threads with useless complaining and whinning. Any spelling or grammatical errors are fair game for whiners. Please whine here.

:( I WONT A DONUT!!!!!

THANKS FOR LETTING ME WHINE!!!!

;) FATTBOY :)

:D:D Can I really say whatever I want or will the whining police get mad at me????

Whining police !!! 000200C0.gif

All though maybe they should look at the S.D. Thread and move all those whiners here. 00020150.gif

That was object of this thread. Get all the folks that can't be happy to just go out and grab some caches and be happy that someone even bothered to hide them to just come here and whine till their hearts content and not clog up the other threads with useless complaining and whinning. Any spelling or grammatical errors are fair game for whiners. Please whine here.

Back to whining.

I hate it when people whine :) - and I'm a big whiner! :) .

Well, that's a thread-kill if I ever saw one! :lol:

By all means, please don't let me stop your incessant whining. :(

Edited by Duncan!
When I first started if you went out and did 3 or 4 Caches on a weekend you were doing good. Now if you don't get 10 or 15 or more it's a bad weekend. What a difference a few years make. 0002006A.gif
I think I found around 30 in my first 3-4 months of caching and I went almost every weekend.

These new cachers sure have it good. Caches all over the place from great hikes to parks to virtually every shopping center in town. Do you realize how many more LPCs could be out there. So little time to set up caches in each and every one that would still maintain the .1 mile limit. I still fondly remember my first and was so impressed that someone would think to hide a cache under there. I think I've become jaded. I need to be more tolerant. This thread needs to just slowly disappear down the forums and never be seen or heard from again. Let it die a dignified death!