Garmin 60Cx and "Send to GPS" on geocaching.com

russ_c

Hey guys,

I just got a Garmin 60Cx and was attempting to send the waypoints to my unit from geocaching.com using the "Send to GPS" button. I have all the drivers installed and when I hit send sight says it was sent successfully, but I can't seem to find the waypoint on my unit! Does anyone know where the waypoint appears after being sent?

Thanks for your patients!

Hey guys,

I just got a Garmin 60Cx and was attempting to send the waypoints to my unit from geocaching.com using the "Send to GPS" button. I have all the drivers installed and when I hit send sight says it was sent successfully, but I can't seem to find the waypoint on my unit! Does anyone know where the waypoint appears after being sent?

It should be listed under "waypoints" when you choose the "find waypoints" feature. They will be listed by GC#.

Have you tried turning it off and then back on again? Shouldn't make a difference, but ya never know.

Hey guys,

There is a waypoints icon and there is a geocaches icon. Are you looking in the right place?

Also, you get a confirmation in the pop up window on your computer when the transfer is complete and a confirmation beep tone on the 60CSx as well.

On my unit it shows up as both a Waypoint and a Geocache. What could be happening is that you have the unit set to list the Waypoints and Geocaches by closes which might mean that some of the ones you are downloading are not showing up. You can change how it is displayed so that it is displayed by name so you can search for the Waypoint name.

You might want to check what scale you're using on your map. Tap the out button a few times and see if any come into view. I generally start with a wide map and as I approach the location tap the in button as I creep toward my goal.

Also, I down load caches through the garmin site. I pulls multiple lacations straight off the geocaching.com site. You might already know that but I thought I'd make sure.

I found out what was happening...The caches I was loading were to far from the last place my GPS had coordinates so they were not displaying. I'll have to start reading the manual and figure out how to change that option. Thanks for the help!

This can also happen if you've tried to load too many caches. I had that happen when I first got mine and thought it replaced/wrote over identical caches. It doesn't. They just keep adding and adding, until eventually you exceed the 1000 limit and then it stops taking new caches. The first time I used the direct download feature I roared off for a FTF and when I got there -- no coordinates.