What does your Geocoin heart Desire?

Fluttershy

Sitting around scanning the geocoin web sites I realize there are still a lot of coins I desire.

Moab Trackable Kokopelli (Just realized I missed the sale on that one :D

NO!!! ;) That means I did too!! :D

Please excuse me while I go kick myself :D

Talk to your neighbor in NZ, you know, that short, hairy, flightless bird.... I believe he got in on the sale, Liz ;)

Naomi :laughing:

I think the only one I can think of at this point would be the

January 2008 Geocoin Club ROT13 Bottle opener coin.

WOW, what a beauty! <_<

I believe I could properly use this coin!

For bottle caps and a decoder! BuT ToO MaNy BoTtLeCaPs

CoUlD MaKe ThE DeCoDeR WoRtHlEsS!!!

Edited by dardevle

Not sure if these are out yet?

CSI

License to Cache

The Real Adventurer

The CSI and License to Cache coins went on sale at geocoinshop.de on Saturday, there are still versions left to buy. The Real Adventurer Indy coin will be available later this month.

CSI

License to Cache

The Real Adventurer

The CSI and License to Cache coins went on sale at geocoinshop.de on Saturday, there are still versions left to buy. The Real Adventurer Indy coin will be available later this month.

Thanks for the info. Anyone know how much they are in $$? I don't know the Euro exchange rate?

Sitting around scanning the geocoin web sites I realize there are still a lot of coins I desire.

Turkey Day 2007

FTF Comic

Plan B

Cache of the Day

Triple Dragon

Moab Trackable Kokopelli (Just realized I missed the sale on that one ;)

Mamma Cache

Sneaky Antlers

Run for the Roses

Stone of Rosetta

Tennessee Jed

CSI

License to Cache

The Real Adventurer

I'm sure there are more but that is all I found so far?

<_<

I did not get in on a glowing CSI like I wanted but I got a blue sparkly one and I did get in on the Moab Kokopelli sale...I got 3, one for keeping and two for trading...

I Still desire the MnGCA 2007 coin with the aurora borealis on it. ALOT!!

About the 2007 MnGCA coin...................?

I'll see if there are any left, if there is, I have a order in for one.

I am hoping to hear back from them today. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

If the sale goes through, I'll make sure you get the coin. :laughing:

-Dardevle-

I actually really liked this thread when it first came out. In fact, there still are some very fun posts to read. However, I personally feel like this thread has turned into something very different. Since when do coins that are brand new become your heart's desire? This post is not directed at any one individual, but I'm sure some people will take offense. Oh well.

How about letting a coin get a week old before it's your number one heart's desire? Or even be sold first. I took Allie's remarks in the OP to mean a coin that you coveted, that you just couldn't find a way to trade for. One that was sold before you started collecting. One from a geocoin collector that doesn't grace us with their presence on the forums anymore. Stuff like that. :laughing:

Passing on a coin sale shouldn't make it hit your desire list by default. Nor should every new coin make the list . . . And just how big can a list be, anyway?

:o

I actually really liked this thread when it first came out. In fact, there still are some very fun posts to read. However, I personally feel like this thread has turned into something very different. Since when do coins that are brand new become your heart's desire? This post is not directed at any one individual, but I'm sure some people will take offense. Oh well.

How about letting a coin get a week old before it's your number one heart's desire? Or even be sold first. I took Allie's remarks in the OP to mean a coin that you coveted, that you just couldn't find a way to trade for. One that was sold before you started collecting. One from a geocoin collector that doesn't grace us with their presence on the forums anymore. Stuff like that. :laughing:

Passing on a coin sale shouldn't make it hit your desire list by default. Nor should every new coin make the list . . . And just how big can a list be, anyway?

:D

I've been going through my Collection again and again, with my upcoming move and

have been trading up a storm.

My Question is:

What Geocoin/s have you always wanted, but have not been able to add to your collection so far?

Older coins are very hard to find, but this goes the same for New coins as well!

Sometimes coins just fall in your lap! I know that's happened to me more than once.

(At GW5 one of my Geocaching Hero's came down the Hall at my Hotel and gave me a super rare coin)

To answer my own question:

I've always wanted a Nickel GeoCat... (to go along with my Copper and BN)

and I have a trade on it's way. That's so amazing! Thank you!

(hehe - I seem to like to collect 3 versions of metals)

I just placed my 3rd Wsgaskin's Diesel into my Binder! Thanks for that trade!

Lately, I've been collecting GeoJellies! They're so cute! :o

Please, Tell us what your little Geocoin heart desires!

A list can be as big as you like, if you want it you want it !

No offense taken at all. I know the coin that I like "just" came out for sale. I am not a very big collector

at all. I have a few, around 20-25 I'd guess give or take a couple. And all but two coins I have are

activated. So when a nice coin comes out and I tend to really like it, is'nt that a hearts desire. All

I am going to do is activate it anyway. Should I request a VHTF or a "very rare" coin that I do not like as

much as a recent release? Anyway, Have a great day and may the postman bring you your hearts desire,

or at least a few coins now and again. :D

-Dardevle-

I did not get in on a glowing CSI like I wanted but I got a blue sparkly one and I did get in on the Moab Kokopelli sale...I got 3, one for keeping and two for trading...

About the 2007 MnGCA coin...................?

I'll see if there are any left, if there is, I have a order in for one.

I am hoping to hear back from them today. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

If the sale goes through, I'll make sure you get the coin. :o

-Dardevle-

I thought the whole reason was to share which coin you really want and have been looking/waiting for a while and that there is always a sliver of hope that someone who reads that post will have an extra and be willing to part with it. Like Dardevle :laughing:

I suppose we could always start a forum thread on coins we are looking forward to if there isn't one already.

I thought the whole reason was to share which coin you really want and have been looking/waiting for a while and that there is always a sliver of hope that someone who reads that post will have an extra and be willing to part with it.

That's what the pinned trading thread up top if for. :laughing: You post what you are seeking and what you have for trade. :o

Passing on a coin sale shouldn't make it hit your desire list by default.

True. This thread has morphed from a 'coins coveted for my collection' to a 'what's new this week i want' ~ I took the OP's point as being a thread where you could list a dream list of coins you really wanted, but might never get hold of.

Uff dah, for a minute there I thought I was doing the wrong thing.

If I come across a 2007 MnGCA coin for gardengorilla, it would be a gift,

not a coin that I expect something in return for. That would be off topic and

would mean I am in the wrong forum for giving a gift! Let me know if I need

to post else where to "offer" a hearts desire "GIFT" to some one.

I came to this forum and saw someone "desired" a coin that I have a good

chance on getting another one. Why not help out?

Besides, isnt' every coin a coin you "might" never get ahold of?

Just asking.

And if having to buy another coin myself and then gifting it does not some how

"qualify" in this thread for you, I will gift my activated 2007 MnGCA coin

to gardengorilla and then it can be adopted by them because that coin is, and I quote,

"What there Geocoin heart desires." Seems fair enough!

Edited by dardevle

Besides, isnt' every coin a coin you "might" never get a hold of?

Just asking.

Not if it's still available for sale. :laughing:

I don't have a problem with people listing every coin that has just come out as being their new heart's desire, and I have no problem with people gifting coins to these people who seem to miss out on every since coin sale. I just see that is as the role of the trading thread: Posting a seeking list and then trading to get the coins.

Besides, isnt' every coin a coin you "might" never get a hold of?

Just asking.

Not if it's still available for sale. :laughing:

I don't have a problem with people listing every coin that has just come out as being their new heart's desire, and I have no problem with people gifting coins to these people who seem to miss out on every since coin sale. I just see that is as the role of the trading thread: Posting a seeking list and then trading to get the coins.

If that is the case, would'nt every coin still be for sale. I see hundreds of different coins

for sale on E-bay that are no longer for sale on any other site. Maybe what gardengorilla

meant was they wanted a "members only" coin and they "cannot get one.

Who knows.

As for you I hope to that the postman brings you gifts of coins and no more bills! :o

-Dardevle-

My wishlist:

2 dolphins

Team Super Genius

MBv1 (one can dream!)

Goblin dust

1markymark1 AS or AG

Worker of Wood

I've got two of those for trade :D

My revised wish list:

2 dolphins

Team Super Genius

Goblin dust

Worker of Wood

:D:D

Workerwood, not Worker of Wood. His geonick is one word. I'm gonna keep on hammering till the nail gets through! :laughing:

And I believe Goblindust is one word also. :D

It's the accent, what can you do? :o:)

Gentleman, do these look familiar? Looks like trading to me...

I don't think that long list was originally posted as a trade though, but a heart's desire. The ONE coin that I posted as my heart's desire was very hard for me to find, thus my posting on this thread.

Well being from Nova Scotia I long to hold these coins in my collection but not likely ever to get :D

1.Cape Breton Island Black Nickel Geocoin (Trackable) :laughing:

2.Southwest Nova Scotia :o

3.Canada's 1st Geocache 7th Anniversary Event :D

4.The Lost Geeks :)

5.Motogrrl Memorial :D

6.MOTOGRRL :D

Thankyou for posting your heart's desire...Sunshine mission hopefully coming your way :D:D

My wishlist:

2 dolphins

Team Super Genius

MBv1 (one can dream!)

Goblin dust

1markymark1 AS or AG

Worker of Wood

I've got two of those for trade :D

My revised wish list:

2 dolphins

Team Super Genius

Goblin dust

Worker of Wood

:D:D

Workerwood, not Worker of Wood. His geonick is one word. I'm gonna keep on hammering till the nail gets through! :laughing:

And I believe Goblindust is one word also. :D

It's the accent, what can you do? :o:)

Gentleman, do these look familiar? Looks like trading to me...

I don't think that long list was originally posted as a trade though, but a heart's desire. The ONE coin that I posted as my heart's desire was very hard for me to find, thus my posting on this thread.

They look very familiar. However, those were not trades. Sorry to spoil your fun of researching old posts with the intent to defame or be derogatory. Mark is my good friend, and that was a personal jab at him.

Try again. Remember, I did not single you out as someone who should not have posted. Instead, I posted my opinion, and you took to personal attacks.

TMA

Hey there gardengorrila,

I hope all is well with you today. I have one activated 2007 MnGCA antique gold

coin. I am new at the whole adoption thing but I would give it a shot for you.

Instead of waiting to see if I can even get ahold of another coin, I was hoping

I could just send you the one I have. If this is OK with you send me your

address threw my profile page and I WILL get that coin your heart desires

out to ASAP. My gift to you, no strings, just wanted to make your heart and day

a little BRIGHTER! I hope to hear from you.

PS: There are no miles or discoveries on the coin.

-Jeremy- AKA Dardevle

Hey there gardengorrila,

-Jeremy- AKA Dardevle

:laughing: Wow :D you are generous.

Fishing helps, i must try that again too. :o

Then without a hook.

What are there good folks on it forum. :D

Yes, I saw that you did not want people to take offense. But when you throw stones at a group of people, one is likely to get hurt. Everyone has the right to their own opinion and to decide what coin (or coins) is their heart's desire, be it new or old or not even released yet. If the thread gets too off topic, then that is the moderators' job, as far as I know.

Hey there gardengorrila,

-Jeremy- AKA Dardevle

Thanks Jeremy that really means a lot. I grew up watching those 'Northern Lights' and that coin reminds me of home. I think I do need to get outside for a breather....not fishing though, everythings' frozen here! :laughing:

Well being from Nova Scotia I long to hold these coins in my collection but not likely ever to get :D

1.Cape Breton Island Black Nickel Geocoin (Trackable) :D

2.Southwest Nova Scotia :D

3.Canada's 1st Geocache 7th Anniversary Event :D

4.The Lost Geeks :D

5.Motogrrl Memorial :)

6.MOTOGRRL :D

Thankyou for posting your heart's desire...Sunshine mission hopefully coming your way :D:D

:D Your Welcome.....Now I'm really really excited lol :laughing: Hope I don't trip and fall on my way to the post office next week lol :o

Yes, I saw that you did not want people to take offense. But when you throw stones at a group of people, one is likely to get hurt. Everyone has the right to their own opinion and to decide what coin (or coins) is their heart's desire, be it new or old or not even released yet. If the thread gets too off topic, then that is the moderators' job, as far as I know.

Ditto - and just to add another 2 cents worth - there are a lot of people who know very little about coins, they don't know where to buy them, they don't know when they were made or who made them, you only have to look through these forums to see that there are a lot of 'inexperienced' enthusiasts, but it isn't difficult to name a coin that you have seen and say you want it. Which is what this thread is for.

So just to keep this post OT my heart's desire would be an Earth Turtle (any) - I never saw them on sale anywhere, I only discovered them when I saw them on ebay.

I took Allie's remarks in the OP to mean a coin that you coveted, that you just couldn't find a way to trade for. One that was sold before you started collecting. One from a geocoin collector that doesn't grace us with their presence on the forums anymore. Stuff like that. :laughing: And just how big can a list be, anyway?

I pretty agree with most of TMA post here. I also took Allie's remarks in the OP to mean what is the 1, 2 or maybe 3 coins that you really, really, really want. Not just lists of coins that should be listed in the trading thread above.

So to put this back on track I will list my one coin. I don't know why but I have always wanted a Dances with Moose. Maybe because it is cute and cartoony. I have posted in the trading thread for it and also sent emails from the coin listing sites. Each time I think I have a possible trade it has fallen through. For me that means it is coveted but not likely that I will ever actually own one.

Everyone has the right to their own opinion and to decide what coin (or coins) is their heart's desire, be it new or old or not even released yet. If the thread gets too off topic, then that is the moderators' job, as far as I know.

No worries. :laughing: You are correct, everyone has a right to state their opinion, to post or to beg. And yes, nothing has gotten so out of hand that moderator's need to jump in. I don't frequent this thread as much as the trading thread and it just seems to me (stating my opinion) that if you want some of the coins that just came out, post a "seeking for it". :o

Everyone has the right to their own opinion and to decide what coin (or coins) is their heart's desire, be it new or old or not even released yet. If the thread gets too off topic, then that is the moderators' job, as far as I know.

No worries. :laughing: You are correct, everyone has a right to state their opinion, to post or to beg. And yes, nothing has gotten so out of hand that moderator's need to jump in. I don't frequent this thread as much as the trading thread and it just seems to me (stating my opinion) that if you want some of the coins that just came out, post a "seeking for it". :o

And not everybody has something to trade........

Moab Trackable Kokopelli (Just realized I missed the sale on that one :)

NO!!! :o That means I did too!! :laughing:

Talk to your neighbor in NZ, you know, that short, hairy, flightless bird.... I believe he got in on the sale, Liz :D

Naomi :D

Huh? Hey! What! Aye? Huh? Who you callin... :D

Thanks E-mailing me back Gardengorilla. I will have Your Hearts Desire coin

and a couple extra items for you in the mail tomorrow in the A.M.

Have a wonderful day. Hey, It is frozen here to. So you could go ice

fishing there also. I tell ya, being out on the ice catching fish will do wonders

to ones spirit! Worked wonders for me. Hmmmmm, that gives me a great

idea, Gotta run..........................Here Fishy fishy!!! :laughing:

Moab Trackable Kokopelli (Just realized I missed the sale on that one :o

NO!!! :D That means I did too!! :)

Talk to your neighbor in NZ, you know, that short, hairy, flightless bird.... I believe he got in on the sale, Liz :D

Huh? Hey! What! Aye? Huh? Who you callin... :D

:D:D:laughing:

At least I didn't say the birdy was fat, short, hairy and flightless hehehe!

"At least I didn't say the birdy was fat, short, hairy and flightless hehehe!

Naomi "

That is because You are very kind and a wonderful person who sincerely cares :laughing: And We all know that if you did say something "mean" it is because You are only joking and binging some humor to the rest of us :o

After a little thought I decided that there were two coins

That my Geocoin Heart Desires:

#1 Spinning Top Geocoin -any metal

#2 "Kuntry Kashin" -any metal

Had to take The January 2008 Geocoin

Club ROT13 Bottle opener coin off my

3 coin list. Ended up gettin' one about

30 min ago.

I personally feel that Kiwi's are the most adorable of birds :laughing:

But back on topic - have I mentioned my hearts desire is a Mr and Mrs Loggerhead? :o:D

Edited to say: Maybe Fluttershy should have mentioned in her OP that people only need to list the same hearts desire once? People like me get carried away............

Edited by Cheesy pigs

FSM and Tennessee Jed

Aren't they married? :DB)

Flying Spaghetti Monster and Tennessee Jed?

you tell me.

Well, If FSM Is a guy, Maybe they are one in the same :D:DB)

(darn fingers type wrong!)

Interesting.... very interesting... I had heard the FSM was a she... but then maybe there is some mis-information floating around out there... or maybe... no... lets not go there... :)

Now back On Topic... I would love love love a Highland GeoFairy Mystery coin B)

So just to keep this post OT my heart's desire would be an Earth Turtle (any) - I never saw them on sale anywhere, I only discovered them when I saw them on ebay.

Oh - so ditto for me! IMHO Tsunrisebay makes the most beautiful coins. I did manage to snag a Lilypad off ebay but the Earth Turtles are way too out of my budget. So I'll just have to wait for the new edition. It will help me practice being patient! :D

The only other coin I've really been trying to get is the Portland, Oregon coin. I've bid a few times on ebay but I've always been outbid at the very end. Some day I'll get my hands on one though! (even if only for a short time) :)