Requesting help with reestablishing pocketquery to GPS transfer after CacheMate/PalmPilot addition screwed it up

Cabar Feidh

Greetings Friends,

I'm having problems loading my pocket queries, and I'm hoping someone here can help me fix whatever's gone wrong. Please bear with me in my attempts to describe the problem, as I am not very computer/techno savvy, and I scarcely understand much of what I have heretofore been using and taking for granted.

My current difficulty began after I downloaded, installed, and began using CacheMate (Version 4.1.2) to load pocket query info into Geocache Swiss Army Knife on my PC, and from there to CacheMate on my PalmPilot. Those applications have been working flawlessly, and I am very grateful to now be able to effectively cache paperlessly.

The problem is that ever since I loaded and used CacheMate, I have been unable to load my pocket query info from my PC to my GPSr. I use a Magellan Explorist 210 handheld unit, and prior to loading CacheMate, I was having no difficulty loading my pocket query files from my PC to the GPSr, using the USB cable that came with the GPSr unit. I had loaded, installed, and been using the Magellan Geocaching Manager software that also came with the GPSr package. Now, whenever I try to transfer the pocket query info to the GPSr, I get this message:

USB Device not recognized

One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message.

It then says:

No drivers are installed for this device.

I have tried all the troubleshooting paths offered, trying to install a driver, even using the software CD that the GPSr and USB cable came with, all without success. Can anyone help me restore my previous pocket query-to-GPS transfer capability? Thank you in advance for taking the time to read through this.

Best regards,

John

I had the same issue. I guess it has something to do with the USB port only recognizing one device. If I restarted my computer it would work fine. From that point on, I just used the infared on my Palm to beam over the info from my computer to the palm. I only hook up to the USB to get the waypoints to the GPSr.

Is your GPSr on when you plug it in? I was having trouble with my 76CSx when it was on, then I plugged it into the computer. Said that I was having driver issues. I could reload the drivers without problems, but it was a pain.

The problem doesn't occur when I plug the unit in, then turn it on. For some reason, windows likes that better.