Beta tester?

bumblingbs

I need help. I have a cache that has been hidden for a while, and I, and a combination of family members have been out there 5 times already, trying to get it right. I have a dying GPSr, and while I think it's still accurate, it's hard getting the info out of it. To make things worse, it's a two stepper, and (I'm so sorry) it doesn't make sense what I've got here, I think the coordinates may need to be the other way around. Five times, yes, I'm an idiot.

If anyone will go, I can give you parking coordinates and the two other coordinates. It's maybe a half mile walk. I just want to get this one done because it's got a geocoin in it that needs to move. There's also a FTF geo-button. My family is getting really sick of this cache, and, ironically, it's called Having A Ball. Nice green trail.

I need help. I have a cache that has been hidden for a while, and I, and a combination of family members have been out there 5 times already, trying to get it right. I have a dying GPSr, and while I think it's still accurate, it's hard getting the info out of it. To make things worse, it's a two stepper, and (I'm so sorry) it doesn't make sense what I've got here, I think the coordinates may need to be the other way around. Five times, yes, I'm an idiot.

If anyone will go, I can give you parking coordinates and the two other coordinates. It's maybe a half mile walk. I just want to get this one done because it's got a geocoin in it that needs to move. There's also a FTF geo-button. My family is getting really sick of this cache, and, ironically, it's called Having A Ball. Nice green trail.

what is the rough area?

judging from bumblingbs' cache finds, looks like they live in Washington. Sorry I can't help, I'm in Montana.

I ment a bit more detailed then that :D

I have to go over to the Kitsap Pininsula this week, and I am sure that any one of the locals would be willing to help, but it is easier if you know which city/area.

Ooops, I'm sorry. Port Townsend, Cappy's Woods. I've gotten a phone message, and I'll only burden him with my very long answer, and I doubt that he'll be coming. I don't mind continuing to wrestle this cache, I'm just so embarassed that I have a geocoin in it that the owner really wants moved, and I moved it for them. Problem is, the cache I moved it from was found about 20 times during the WSGA event, while this cache is sitting calmly in the woods and has been found by none. Well, of course it hasn't, I haven't submitted it yet. It's the geocoin I'm worried about, and it's only a replica, but it doesn't belong to me.

I'll get there in a week or so, I just wanted to move the coin sooner, if I could. Thank you.

Edited by bumblingbs

Oh dear, this cache and everything about it just keep getting worse. I called Garmin, to tell them how my GPSr was acting, and they gave me the patent answer, $79 plus shipping. I wasn't exactly happy, and became the squeaky wheel. I called back and said that I knew two others who were having the same problem with their GPSr of the same variety, and blah blah blah.

So, now I've been told that the price is reduced to $40, and that they probably won't fix it, they'll give me a new one.

My mother says that I'm an idiot for balking at this. She's about to throw away a computer, it's horrifically old and unfixable, maybe five years. Yep, into the landfill. Another piece of trash.

Does anyone else look at their GPSr, and remember where you've been?

I have an offer, and an e-mail address, and I have to make up my mind.

Back to the beta tester subject, I'd like to thank very much the two I got. I had got the coordinates 'round backwards, and it's lovely to have help from other cachers. One figured it out from his computer chair, and one went out and got it. Nice. The geocoin I was worried about is going on a ride with someone very safe.

Edited by bumblingbs