Best CITO bags

Knobhiker

This topic of CITO has been real good for me. I've been hiking a lot more this year, but never had a bag to carry out litter. The CITO idea has made me carry a trash bag and provide them for others as well. I stuff gloves and a bag or two into a pill bottle marking them "CITO - gloves and bags". No one thinks its an exchange item and now they have a CITO bag in addition to a cache item.

I'm including Wal-Mart bags because I like the size and that it has handles. I loop the handles of the bag in my belt when I go hiking or geocaching. It's just the right size for me and the usual amount of trash I pick up.

Seems that others are talking about kitchen basket sized trash bags that they place in CITO containers. That seems too large. Sure, if you are doing an event and the activity is all about cleaning up, the big bags are good. But a hands free - looped in my belt - trash bag seems just right for me.

I'ld like to solicit comments and/or promote this idea of Wal-Mart type bags for CITO containers. Whacha think?

good idea. i like to use litter bags from the forest service. they usually have smokey bear or woodsy owl pictured on them.....and they give them out free when you ask. ;)

I use plastic grocery bags with handles and stuff them into film canisters. Labeled with our local caching insignia and the geocaching CITO logo. Anything bigger doesn't fit into the film canisters.

Random related babble of the day- why the heck do people leave so much trash when they party? They lug the stuff into the woods, why can't they lug it out. I can't believe how much trash I saw on a recent caching adventure on logging roads- much of it cans.