North Country Trail System

Puppyman

I have one on the trail myself, GC1371Q. It's in the Sheyenne National Grasslands that the ND portion of the trail passes through. Within a few miles, there are two more on the trail: GCVM9F, and GC15CF0

If you search for caches near these, you'll find half a dozen more within 10 miles. I've also heard that there are a couple of caches near the trail segment by Lake Ashtabula north of Valley City, ND.

I have one on the trail myself, GC1371Q. It's in the Sheyenne National Grasslands that the ND portion of the trail passes through. Within a few miles, there are two more on the trail: GCVM9F, and GC15CF0

If you search for caches near these, you'll find half a dozen more within 10 miles. I've also heard that there are a couple of caches near the trail segment by Lake Ashtabula north of Valley City, ND.

GCAE21

I've believe I've found a few caches between Valley City, ND and Fort Ransom State Park that are along the NC trail (you might want to double-check how close these are to the trail, but I think they're pretty close to it):

Medicine Wheel (GCQ30H)

Valley View (GCQEHH)

Barka-meleon (GC173YY)

Riparian (GCQEHR)

Fort Ransom State Park (GCGHQA)

I found an online NCT map for that part of ND at (opens a pdf)

http://www.northcountrytrail.org/srv/files...hure_8Jan08.pdf

Have you tried creating the route in Google Earth (or similar software) and searching for caches by route? I guess the hard part would be making the route.

Good luck with your list. Cool idea!

I was just thinking of the caches I've found in the western part of ND, and I think there is one I actually didn't find, but looked for along the McClusky canal. I believe the NCT follows the canal to Lake Sak, but I couldn't find a good map to verify. Anyway, here is one cache I belive is along the trail in that area.

GC1162K McClusky Country Cache