PDA HELP!

hawkeye7

Please someone help me!

My husband and I just bought a Dell Axim x5 off of ebay hoping to go paperless but... we can't figure it out! Oh, the shame in admitting such. Can someone please give us some advise using very small, easy to understand words?

We did download GpxSonar on to the PDA but that's as far as we can get.

Thank you in advance for your help!!!!

Welcome to the Forums! :)

Have you already become familiar with Pocket Queries? What program do you use to send the waypoints to your GPSr?

If you use GSAK, you can Export in many formats, one of which will work for the Dell Axim. There is also a PPC Version of Cachemate for that PDA, but GpxSonar should be fine. I haven't used it so I don't know which Export format you use. Does that program have a "user manual?"

Welcome to the Forums! :)

Have you already become familiar with Pocket Queries? What program do you use to send the waypoints to your GPSr?

If you use GSAK, you can Export in many formats, one of which will work for the Dell Axim. There is also a PPC Version of Cachemate for that PDA, but GpxSonar should be fine. I haven't used it so I don't know which Export format you use. Does that program have a "user manual?"

We use GpxSonar on a PPC. In GSAK, you just export to a GPX file for GPXSonar.

I use GPX Sonar with my Axim X5 and love it. I actually load the gpx files directly into a file I created on my SD card and they work fine that way. If you want to pluck out certain caches, and modify things more, then GSAK or EasyGPS will do that for you, but I don't have a need for it.

I like the Axim. If I am in an area that has WIFI, I can connect and log my finds or search for new caches.

Good luck,

Rusty

Please someone help me!

My husband and I just bought a Dell Axim x5 off of ebay hoping to go paperless but... we can't figure it out! Oh, the shame in admitting such. Can someone please give us some advise using very small, easy to understand words?

We did download GpxSonar on to the PDA but that's as far as we can get.

Thank you in advance for your help!!!!

In GSAK, export the caches as a GPX file and then in GPX Sonar, import it.

And as stated above, you'll need ActiveSync.

After downloading and installing ActivESync, download GpxSonar.exe. Connect the Axim to your PC and run GpxSonar.exe

Navigate to the location where you saved the GPX file and import it to the Axim.

Edited by Team Cotati

All you have to do is unzip your pocket quiery, then take the gpx file and copy and paste the file into your Dell using the Explore tab on your Microsoft Sync. The explore tab allows you to see the folders in your Axim and you can add or remove files through it. I transfer everything to the SD card, but you can place it anywhere in your Dell. GPX Sonar should pick it up right away, if not then use the import files prompt from GPX Sonar and it will search for and find it.

Hope that helps.

Rusty