What do you do with PEZ candy

I don't mean that I found one in a cache and I know that food stuffs are verboten in a hide but they are packaged together rather neatly.

Anyway, if I were to use a new PEZ dispenser as swag it seems a shame to break open the sealed package just to remove the candy.

I'm not adverse to eating the candy myself. Does anyone use PEZ dispensers as trade items?

For two bucks this makes a pretty nice little piece of swag, eh?

PICT0003-1.jpg

Edited by TopangaHiker

I don't mean that I found one in a cache and I know that food stuffs are verboten in a hide but they are packaged together rather neatly.

Anyway, if I were to use a new PEZ dispenser as swag it seems a shame to break open the sealed package just to remove the candy.

I'm not adverse to eating myself. Does anyone use PEZ dispensers as trade items?

There is a caching team in your area - the PezCachers - who leave Pez dispensers as their sig item. What they do is vacuum pack a new Pez dispenser with the candy. In the vacuum pack this seems to work well. I haven't seen any animal problems since they've started using the vacuum pack. I would suggest you find a different sig item however since everyone already knows that if they find an new Pez dispenser in a cache, the PezCachers have been there.

Edited by tozainamboku

I'm not adverse to eating the candy myself. Does anyone use PEZ dispensers as trade items?

There is a caching team in your area - the PezCachers - who leave Pez dispensers as their sig item. What they do is vacuum pack a new Pez dispenser with the candy. In the vacuum pack this seems to work well. I haven't seen any animal problems since they've started using the vacuum pack. I would suggest you find a different sig item however since everyone already knows that if they find an new Pez dispenser in a cache, the PezCachers have been there.

So to clarify, you're saying that a food item is being left in caches by a certain person or persons?

I don't know where or how I indicated in this topic that a PEZ dispenser was going to be my sig item but it's not.

Today on my way to a hunt while I was getting a cup of coffee at a certain cafe there were some PEZ items for sale by the cash register. The idea hit me there, especially when the cashier said they were two bucks.

Further, are you saying that since someone uses PEZ dispensers a their sig item no one else can drop one in a cache? Seems overly proprietary if you ask me. After all, it's only a game.

Edited by TopangaHiker

Oh well........excuse you.....but I feel an unneccesary need to post a link to the guidelines that obviously point out that your idea is ridiculous and that you should be ashamed of yourself for even considering doing something that barely even bends said guidelines.

read em and weep

duh!

On second thought......just do it.....if it causes a problem.........then stop doing it. There, problem solved.

I retrieved an older empty pez from one cache. I thought it was a pretty neat idea for swag. I dont know that I would even try to put the candy in with it. I think I like the 'garbage can' idea. My dd would also love that...she loves the candy.

I also dont think that just because someone uses pez dispensers as a signature item that means they are off limits to others. You can read the log to see who left/took pez.

Just my 2 cents. . .