Attempting (and failing) to upload POIs

OK, I know I'm rubbish at computers so I wonder if some kind soul can help me out here.

I have for some time downloaded caches as POIs into my TomTom Go 300 with no problems, this I do (shortened version) by connecting my TomTom to my computer, opening TomTom in Windows Explorer then dragging the files that I have created in GSAK over to the "UK" file on the TomTom.

I recently purchased an HP iPaq rx5900 with TomTom Navigator 5. When I try to perform the same task on my new machine I cannot find any file saying either UK or indeed Europe (as it holds maps for Western Europe). I presume I am still able to import POIs into my new machine, but how? I realise that it's probably something very basic and simple but I'm well and truly flummoxed.

Any help will result in a pint for the best (ie very simple and very step by step) explanation.

I thankyou. :D

With my IPAQ installed copy of Tom Tom, I drop the POI (OV2) files into a directory on the Storage card called GB_PLUS_MAJOR_ROADS_OF_WE and it picks them up from there: -

\Storage Card\GB_plus_major_roads_of_WE

Cheers

Jon

My IPAQ has TomTom on the internal file store, so the location where I put the POI files is:

\iPAQ File Store\iPAQ GPS\United_Kingdom-Ireland

Hope that helps...

Trevor

With my IPAQ installed copy of Tom Tom, I drop the POI (OV2) files into a directory on the Storage card called GB_PLUS_MAJOR_ROADS_OF_WE and it picks them up from there: -

\Storage Card\GB_plus_major_roads_of_WE

Cheers

Jon

My IPAQ has TomTom on the internal file store, so the location where I put the POI files is:

\iPAQ File Store\iPAQ GPS\United_Kingdom-Ireland

Hope that helps...

Trevor

Brilliant, thankyou both, Trevor's method worked for me a treat. :D

Yet again fellow cachers come to the rescue of one in distress. Now all I need is some sort of version of Mem Map for Mallorca and somebody to accompany Mrs gingerbreadmen to go shopping whilst I'm out caching! :lol: