Gen TYP question

csacsa

My tutor is on vacation so I have to ask the question here. I want to change indidual tracks in my custom map to diiferent colors. So I went into my .img file to change for example one track from major highway to principle road. The problem is that it will only let me change the track one track point at a time instaed of the whole track at once. Any ideas?

I have all of those programs as well but have only used Mapedit and CGPSMapper to date. I played around with Mapset Tool Kit and Gen TYP, attempting to modify tracks, but did not succeed. I did read the instructions but was not able to answer the questions I had. Please post any results you get. Thanks.

My tutor is on vacation so I have to ask the question here. I want to change indidual tracks in my custom map to diiferent colors. So I went into my .img file to change for example one track from major highway to principle road. The problem is that it will only let me change the track one track point at a time instaed of the whole track at once. Any ideas?

This isn't a GenTYP question...it's a GPSMapEdit question

open the .mp file that you originally compiled your .img file from

click Edit...Select...By Type

checkmark the Major Highway box...click OK

rightclick the highlighted (Major Highway) track...Modify...Type

now select a new type (Principal Highway) from the list...click OK

click File...Save Map

click File...Export...Garmin Img...select your previous .img file...click OK to overwrite...click Run

you will now have an updated img file with the changes you made

Now...GenTyp is used to change colors of polylines but it is not done by editing an .img file as you tried to do.

Edited by rws

RWS, what is the instructions for adding new tracks to an exisiting img. file?

open the .mp file that you originally compiled your .img file from

click File...Add...point to your new track(s) file

click Edit...Select...All Tracks

rightclick highlighted track...Convert to...Polyline...Select the level(s) you want track to appear...OK...select type...OK

click View...Attachments...Detach...Close

if you want to (re)name new polyline(s)...rightclick polyline...Modify...Label...enter text...press Enter

click File...Save Map

click File...Export...Garmin Img...select your previous .img file...click OK to overwrite...click Run

you will now have an updated img file with the changes you made