Coincidences

Timfy

Had this log on one of our caches -

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...b1-900a6e247854

Have you ever had a coincidental "find" like this?

Blimey! :rolleyes:

I was looking for a cache out in some remote countryside recently and my GPS seemed to point to a place that had some stones piled up in the middle of a grassy area. So, I assumed that the cache would be underneath those....instead, I a found a disntinctive looking item in a plastic ziplock bag. I pondered over it for a while, thinking a cacher must have left it there because the cache itself had gone, but then realised that there may be games other than geocaching going on, so I left it there.

When I got home I looked up this item on the internet and found that I was right! The item belonged to a treasure-hunting game and hadn't yet been found by anyone taking part :o I emailed the guy running the game to let him know I'd found it and he was very grateful I'd left it there.

my first ever cache find (should have been my 6th) happened by coincidence.

it was the night i first heard of Geocaching so decided to do a postcode search...wow! caches within 5 minutes of my house! It is a 6 part series in my village called "Old Whittle Trail". i understood the instructions, look for the first 5 caches which will give you clues to piece together for the location of the 6th "Bonus Cache".

I read the cache description for the first part which describes some steps...there are a few possible "steppy" locations around, i didn't have my gps at the time so went the ones what sprang to my mind first (without looking at the map, which is spot on) it took me to a location a few hundred metres away from the true location of the first cache.

I got there, a bit of searching and i found the cache!....only trouble was that i was part 6, not realising until i had already signed the log as my first, i felt a bit silly but also very lucky!

What an introduction eh?

I remember posting this for GCHPYQ. What had happened was that some of the clues to this multi in Paris had gone AWOL and I sat down to 'reverse engineer' where the cache might be. The final additional hint was "Have a seat on the wall."

As it so happened my reverse engineering sent me just outside the gardens where - blow me over with a feather - the Paris municipality and designed a wall by the Seine to duplicate as a series of long benches. Searching roughly where I thought the cache might be I unearthed ANOTHER Swiss cache, which was managed from a totally different website.

As it so happened my reverse engineering was totally wrong and I had indeed sat down next to the cache proper whilst doing the incompetent reverse engineering. Such is life!

We'd booked for lunch in a restaurant near Reading & arrived early - so went for a walk along the river.

Mr Jantac had just got a new 'phone with internet access so we checked to see if there were any nearby caches - and found that there was one 4 feet away from where we were standing :blink:

This would have made a really good story if the cache hadn't been missing :)