Is Steve Jobs a Geocacher?

russ_c

Silly questions, but it has a relevant connection...

I was out caching at lunch today and found a cache that has a travel bug called "Byte My Apple". It began in Oregon from an elemtary school class tech project in the hopes of making it to the hands of Steve Jobs (Apples CEO). What is most relevant is I found this in a cache about 15 miles from Apple's headquarters. I decided that I could help this cache along by at least getting it within a mile, but felt compelled to also compose an email to his executive staff in the hopes it will filter through to him.

I just thought that knowing if geocaching was an interest of his or not might make the difference in the emails context.

Thanks for any answer

I think it's more likely that Steve Jobs would steal the concept of geocaching and call it Icaching, then claim to have discovered/invented the whole thing.

So true about so many of Apple's products. Although to be fair - they don't really claim to be the inventor but hey do take a lot of credit for things they didn't invent.

Maybe that is why Al Gore sits on Apple's board..... :D

Here is an article that suggests Apple is using its muscle

to force AT&T to cripple the RIM Blackberry's GPS

functionality so as to make it less attractive to Apples'

iPhone.

Which has to do with the subject at hand... how?

Back on subject - if you're that close, you're bound to know someone, or at least a FOAF, who works in the mother ship. I'd get it into their hands, and see what they can do. An insider will get further than an outsider.

So I guess we're still stuck with Wil Wheaton, the drummer from Poison, and some B movie actress? :)

Don't forget the guys who created Veggie Tales. There is an easter egg of them caching on Minnesota Cuke :)

Edit to add their profile link:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=87...77-40681c44338b

Now *that* is cool. I just bought Moe and the Big Exit for the boys today and pre-ordered The Wizard of Ha's for them for Christmas. They are NUTS about Bob and Larry.

Here is an article that suggests Apple is using its muscle

to force AT&T to cripple the RIM Blackberry's GPS

functionality so as to make it less attractive to Apples'

iPhone.

Which has to do with the subject at hand... how?

Back on subject - if you're that close, you're bound to know someone, or at least a FOAF, who works in the mother ship. I'd get it into their hands, and see what they can do. An insider will get further than an outsider.

Exactly, I don't care if Steve Jobs caches (although it would help in this case), I'm just making an attempt to help a travel bug on it's way...isn't that what part of this hobby is about? On another forum someone from the local area suggested an in so I'm going to go for it and see what happens.

Thanks

So I guess we're still stuck with Wil Wheaton, the drummer from Poison, and some B movie actress? :)

Don't forget the guys who created Veggie Tales. There is an easter egg of them caching on Minnesota Cuke :)

Edit to add their profile link:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=87...77-40681c44338b

Oh sure. They haven't logged on in over 2 years, and found only 5 caches in '05. But 3 of the 5 caches were by JoGPS, he's kinda famous!! Oh-oh, I'd better say something on topic. Downloading non-ITunes downloaded music into an IPOD is a PITA. Not mine, I couldn't care less. It's my daughters.

I kind of doubt it.

I had heard about Wil, but you got to be kidding the drummer from Poison, that is sweet!!!!

And depending on what kind of B movies, B Horror movies are ok...

Dadgum it all, if this thread gets closed, I take full responsibility. :) Wheaton and the Poison Drummer, dabbled in geocaching and are inactive, like tens of thousands of non-famous people. You never know though, they could come back. "B movie actress" was proabably an unfair assessment by me, and according to Ambrosia in post #16 she won a Golden Globe? She's active, and even an FTF hound. Anyways, discussion of all three, and links to their profiles are in This Thread

If Jobs was a geocacher, the iphone would have come with full GPS and caching software. It didn't.

But I still want one.......

I think you have one and play with it as I do - so try this <a href="http://dadnson.mysteria.cz/iluvgc.jpg">wallpaper</a> I have created for my "iBaby" :(

<edited by Dadnson> This piece was created for fun and not for commercial purposes, but contents the modified GC logo so I removed it until I will repair it to correct and permitted way. Sorry about it.