60CSxDisplay Geocaches by Name

Yes

I prefer to use a program called GSAK.

I use Smartnames in GSAK to get the names downloaded.

It's a great program.

Plus you can download the names, the terrain, the difficulty, the type, and the size.

You can actually get the hints downloaded into the blank description field on your handheld unit.

Anychance you can go into a bit more detail on how to do this please?

I suggest you go to GSAK and start reading the forums, beginning with the "Getting Started" topic. The program is simply amazing in what it can do. Start with the simple things like exporting cache waypoints and details to your gps and PDA (for paperless geocaching) , but expect to keep learning new things about the program 2 or more years down the track. The support by the author and others on the forum is just amazing. This is one great program. Have fun. :anicute:

Yes

I prefer to use a program called GSAK.

I use Smartnames in GSAK to get the names downloaded.

It's a great program.

Plus you can download the names, the terrain, the difficulty, the type, and the size.

You can actually get the hints downloaded into the blank description field on your handheld unit.

Anychance you can go into a bit more detail on how to do this please?

If you download GSAK and read the help section it is very easy to follow and helpful. There are also examples provided. :anicute:

Yup, BaldEd is right! The guys over in the GSAK forums are very helpful. This little rudimentary GSAK tutorial might also be helpful. I use the the "Smart Name" feature in GSAK to get lots of useful information in the waypoint name.

This is the code I use for the Waypoint name in the "Send to GPS" dialogue box:

%smart=6 %con1%typ1%dif1%ter1

This gives me part of the Name, the Size of the container, the Type of cache (Traditional, Multi, Virtual, Puzzle), the Difficulty and Terrain (based on a 10-point scale).

To get part of the hint, I use this code in the Waypoint Description blank:

%Name=10 %hint

Edit for grammar

Edited by Miragee