Kuntry Kashin coin IN ...available VERY soon

derschlings

So I throw out this idea prepared as a newbie here to get shot down in flames... or maybe not... we'll see.

I was inspired originally by the non-trackable crappy cache coin. I really thought about obtaining one of those coins, adding a TB tag to it and then logging it through all those caches that really were not worth the effort (or gas) to find if it were not for building up my stats. But I wasn't prepared to sell my bike to buy one on ebay and couldn't find one anywhere else. So the idea for this coin was born. The back originally had the following graffiti: "This Kash Ain't Worth A Kr*p"

Well, I was told that wasn't family friendly enough to get approved by Groundspeak to be trackable... So, I changed it to: "This Kash Aint Worth A ..." I figured family friendly folk would fill in the blank in a family friendly way. Guess that really made it worse :anitongue: Then I was told that although some folks might think it was funny, the person whose cache it gets logged into might (likely) get offended/insulted rather than looking at it as "constructive criticism" or an encouragement to put out a higher quality cache.

I ramble... ah well...

All that to say I'd like to get ya'lls opinions on whether I should 1) just produce the coin non-trackable with the original graffiti on the back or 2) make a cointest out of this and award a LE version of the coin to whoever comes up with the best graffiti for the back that will make the coin really funny AND approved by Groundspeak. I think I like 2) better...

Coin details:

could be just about anything.

I'm thinking like 1.75", antique finishes. a rather rough looking coin. few if any colors.

I'd really appreciate your input.

Oh, one more thing: I'm a Urologist, a People-Plumber, so you might even consider this a personal coin :anitongue:

9127cae5-a183-4776-a3e8-fdf27e45409f.jpg

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

I like the overall theme--and your metal/color choice--but the "crap" or variations of, really don't shed a positive light on caching.

Something like "Doin' it Kuntry Style." Or, "Kuntry Kashin.'" Or, "Kashin' Kuntry Style." Etc... (?!) I'd go for two trackables. :anitongue:

Edited by JeepinCalifornia

This is so funny, when I read this I had to be the first to post.

Say hello to my stinky little friend.

The tp was gone but the logbook worked.

We left you some new swag.

We will try to think of tomarrow. Off to bed. Goodnight!

Barry and Val of sweetlife

Mountain, WI.

I hope you make it non-trackable with with the original graffiti you could even add something to it, like:

....so we left a little something for the poor next finder....

If you want to make it trackable, why not make it a personal coin, add your caching name along with "people plumber" or "member of the stream team." I doubt ***ker checker would make past the family friendly censors either. :anitongue:

jrr (just a flea)

I like dflye's suggestion. I would be up for a couple of coins myself, I think it would turn out great. To me personally, it would not matter if you had a graffitti saying on the back or not. I'll post if something funny comes to mind to add to the back, but I have nothing right now.

Best Regards.

MRJIFFY

I like the coin idea. I'm in for a few.

Like some people said before not quite sure if the wording would make it through. Me personally I think it's great but you know how others are. The back couldsay something like

I'm up to my knees in cache.

No matter what you decide for the back I still want a couple.

Nice coin design. Maybe you want to consider looking into an artist to help finalize the details. I agree, the coin would look great as a 3d coin with no color.

The front has a lot of detail. Maybe you should consider placing the coin tracking number and trackable on geocaching.com on the back.

The back needs graffeti of some sort. Add you caching name, the coin tracking number, maybe an animal looking out a back hole, with an appropriate phrase. The caching symbol is appropriate. Adding a funny line from "a people plumber" is a must. I can only speak for myself, we all have used the great outdoors as an outhouse.

Keep on working on the details. I want some.

Accordiongal

"Sum one dun hid a kache in her'? Dat's plane dum."

With or without the graffiti I like the outhouse motif for a coin. Maybe too subtle for our local crappy cache award winner but I like the whole point of this line of thinking.

For a more direct Crappy Cache Award: how about a sticker/wooden nickel you can place in/on a cache?

Some more suggestions:

"Watch Your Step"

"Skat Kaches: They Happen" or just "They Happen" or "It Happens"

"Skat Kache Number ___" ("Skat Kache Number 2" might be funny")

"Slippin' on Skat Kaches Everywhere"

"Crap in the Woods" probably wouldn't make it past the censors.

I was just wondering...since this looks like it would be a pretty popular coin, would it promote more crappy caches in the hopes of retrieving one?

:D awww dang it... ya'll jest had t' go an ask one of dem dare philosofical questions. might as well just ask how many sows can do a jig on the head of a pin.

So maybe we should change the name to "one fer the numbers"?

:D awww dang it... ya'll jest had t' go an ask one of dem dare philosofical questions. might as well just ask how many sows can do a jig on the head of a pin.

So maybe we should change the name to "one fer the numbers"?

Sorry...I was just thinking....I will stop now.

NOOOOooooo!!! do not EVER stop thinking. if you do the electrons will start oozing out your ears...

my brother did that once...

they blamed me....

see where i ended up....

p**ker checker for life!

so, please, keep thinking! keep sharing your wisdom with us.... ignore my ignorant comments! PLEASE!

okay,

I'll quit with being an idiot and keep my own posts on-topic. :lol:

lol...everyone is having a lot of fun with this one and the coin certainly seems to be a winner so I would just keep doing what you're doing.

Maybe you only 'dip it in doo' when it's a crap cash...leave it in the good ones.

NOOOOooooo!!! do not EVER stop thinking. if you do the electrons will start oozing out your ears...

my brother did that once...

they blamed me....

see where i ended up....

p**ker checker for life!

so, please, keep thinking! keep sharing your wisdom with us.... ignore my ignorant comments! PLEASE!

okay,

I'll quit with being an idiot and keep my own posts on-topic. :D

Edited by Theotokos