How do I find out the landowner when placing a cache?

Ok possibly been asked many times before but here goes.

Im thinking of placing a couple of caches in my area but I dont know how to go about finding out who the landowner is in some circumstances....

What if there is a very small area of scrubby woodland, unfenced and unmaintaned on the side of the road? No idea who owns it.....

Or what if its a dissused railway line that overgrown..?

I live in cornwall and there are little pockets of overgrown land everywhere beside the road that are not used by farmers, nowhere near a house, and dont appear to be close enough to the road to belong to the local council. :anitongue:

Any replies welcome. Thanks.

Is a small, un-maintained piece of scrubby woodland at the side of a road a place that you would like to take visitors? :ph34r:

Depends on what views its got. The woodland scrubby bit is (without giving away to much) quite small and on a bank with very nice views when you get up there.

Start building an office block on the site.You'll soon find out who owns it!

Edited to add a :D

Never thought of that. :ph34r: *digs out chainsaw* So if anyone knows a good builder........ :blink:

The rights of way officer in the local town.

estate agents

nearby farmers

at the pub.

other local cachers.

there is also the land registry but to be honest i doubt it would be worth the effort to try that one.

hopefully one of the above will get you close to knowing whose land it is. good luck

Well ill try those first! Thanks except the pub....there isnt one round here *sniff* *sniff*

Edited by Vodor

Is a small, un-maintained piece of scrubby woodland at the side of a road a place that you would like to take visitors? :blink:

Herefordshire? :ph34r:

I think its really unfair you compairing herefordshire to a scrubby patch of woodland on the side of the road!

Thats an insult to scrubby patches of woodland all over the country and I think you should feal ashamed of yourself! :ph34r:

Edited by Vodor

Actually, Devon's got some very nice unmaintained bits of scrubby woodland at the side of roads, and quite a few of them have got caches on! :blink:

If your going to hint at something at least go all out and do a propper job of it

KEEHOTEE'S CACHES ARE REALLY ACE AND ARE HIDDEN IN SCRUBBY WOODLAND BESIDE DEVONSHIRE ROADS! CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO!

There now isnt that better? :ph34r:

Edited by Vodor

For my tu'penny worth I've had a the same problem of trying to find out who some local landowers were in my local area. Now this may not apply to you, but it maybe worth a shot as it paid off for me. I got in touch with the Secretary of the local Parish Council, who willingly gave me all the details I needed including copies of the local Boundary Maps. I found out who the secretary was by getting in contact with the Regional Council, in my case North Somerset......

Might not work for you, but it maybe worth a shot as I said!.......Ade