Tunnel of Light Cache

Berta Nick Zoey

I have been trying to organize that trip with family members but we have some concerns about the trail conditions. Not all members have been on gravel trails yet. Anyone know what the 22 miles is like? Hard packed? Loose gravel?

I might just be interested in this ride you want to organize so I can find out, first hand, if it would work for the rest of the family. My son and his daughter might come along too. Sept. 9 and 23 are booked (23rd due to Grays Harbor CM) but the rest of the sundays should be available.

Edited by Team Sagefox

I have been trying to organize that trip with family members but we have some concerns about the trail conditions. Not all members have been on gravel trails yet. Anyone know what the 22 miles is like? Hard packed? Loose gravel?

I might just be interested in this ride you want to organize so I can find out, first hand, if it would work for the rest of the family. My son and his daughter might come along too. Sept. 9 and 16 are booked but the rest of the sundays should be available.

It's hard packed gravel. There are places where it is paved, namely on bridges.

Im thinking about going up to do the APE cache and the rest of the caches along the trail between (i think) Hyak and Rattlesnake Lake. I'd like to find someone else who wants to do this on mountain bikes. If interested, e-mail me. Id like to do it on a Sunday morning.

Thanks

Nick

Hey Nick,

I would love to do this and I might even be able to recruit Elroy for the outing as well. The Wrastro van can carry a few bikes inside as well as a bike carrier for three more if needed. Check out the "Riden the Iron Horse" event caches for info, details and inspiration for organizing another ride.

Im looking forward to this ride. Looking at all the pics posted by others who have done this, it looks like some of the best natural scenery could be seen on the ride. You Tube even has a video of part of the trail.

After reading the previous event posting on this (Thanks Landrover for posting the links) their idea of a gathering point at Mickey D's seems like a good idea. I have an F-150 pick up that will hold several bikes and I dont mind parking it at either end of the trailhead.

If theres no objections, how about 8AM on the 30th at Mickeys?

Well, if any of you want to do something special along the way. I have a small task for you. I have 3 caches along the way and they each need a new IMPRESSHIN Log. These are special built logs and any of you happen have stumbled upon one knows what I mean.

GCJDAH - Rainey Creek

GCJDAG - Falls 215

GCJDAM - Pole Hole

Be the first to leave your small impression.

Just let me know.... :anitongue: MtnMutt

Well, if any of you want to do something special along the way. I have a small task for you. I have 3 caches along the way and they each need a new IMPRESSHIN Log. These are special built logs and any of you happen have stumbled upon one knows what I mean.

GCJDAH - Rainey Creek

GCJDAG - Falls 215

GCJDAM - Pole Hole

Be the first to leave your small impression.

Just let me know.... :anitongue: MtnMutt

Those are very cool logs. My favorites. Sometime I want to find out how you get the material and create them.

So...this weekend...Sunday morning meeting in North Bend at 8:00am...but where?

I'll be picking up Fraggle69 in Woodinville/Bothell and meeting you all up there so he can ride and get the APE cache (and the other three on the way). I think he's then turning around and coming back so I can take him other places before our event that afternoon/evening...

So it looks like an event has been scheduled that would tie in nicely to doing the ride on 10/07. Fraggle69 is Visiting...Let's have a Meet & Greet GC166J1 Is the ride on for the 7th, meeting in North Bend at 8:00?

I am discussing the situation with Allanon, as he has kindly offered to lend me his bike. I won't be making the full 21mile trip but it is very likely I'll be there for the first few caches including the APE. MAybe some of you will be able to make it to the event later that day in woodinville,,

see you soooooon

Baaaaa for now

It looks like a great day in the AM forming for tomorrow so I will show up and do the ride to the ape cache then back. I will have my truck with me.

But...but...

The ride is on Sunday... :sad:

Drat, it has been that kind of week! Need to read more closely. :sad:

Thanks for the heads up Allanon. :grin:

We will be meeting at McDonalds at 8AM. Lets pray for sun!!

From the looks of the forecast this morning, not only is the sun not going to be out, it's gonna be pretty wet...everyone will probably still have a great time.

However, I think I'm going to pick up fraggle a little earlier and we're going to go to Tweeds for breakfast...McD's just isn't right for a visitor to the area especially when Tweeds makes such great breakfasts...

Anyone want to meet us there instead?

We will be meeting at McDonalds at 8AM. Lets pray for sun!!

From the looks of the forecast this morning, not only is the sun not going to be out, it's gonna be pretty wet...everyone will probably still have a great time.

However, I think I'm going to pick up fraggle a little earlier and we're going to go to Tweeds for breakfast...McD's just isn't right for a visitor to the area especially when Tweeds makes such great breakfasts...

Anyone want to meet us there instead?

Amy and I will. What time are you thinking?