76CSx

jdwest32

Hi

I cannot seem to add any more maps to my usit and I have plenty of space left on my 2GB card. Any ideas. I have city nav 6 and topo2008 right now. :anitongue:

2025 map segments are all that can be downloaded to a Garmin unit. The Topo2008 is the one that is using up most of that, I suppose.

Hi

I cannot seem to add any more maps to my usit and I have plenty of space left on my 2GB card. Any ideas. I have city nav 6 and topo2008 right now. :ph34r:

2025 map segments are all that can be downloaded to a Garmin unit. The Topo2008 is the one that is using up most of that, I suppose.

I hope they can change/fix that in an upcomming SW update.

Hi

I cannot seem to add any more maps to my usit and I have plenty of space left on my 2GB card. Any ideas. I have city nav 6 and topo2008 right now. :D

How do I see how many segments I have installed? :lol:

Hi

I cannot seem to add any more maps to my usit and I have plenty of space left on my 2GB card. Any ideas. I have city nav 6 and topo2008 right now. :lol:

How do I see how many segments I have installed? :D

If you saved the MapSource file you used to compile the maps to send to the GPS, look on the Maps tab on the left. It will have the number of segments in parentheses. If you didn't save it I don't know, other than to download the maps to MapSource and then do the above. I think the card will just have a "gmapsupp.img" file, which won't tell you the number of segments

Hi

I cannot seem to add any more maps to my usit and I have plenty of space left on my 2GB card. Any ideas. I have city nav 6 and topo2008 right now. :)

How do I see how many segments I have installed? :)

If you saved the MapSource file you used to compile the maps to send to the GPS, look on the Maps tab on the left. It will have the number of segments in parentheses. If you didn't save it I don't know, other than to download the maps to MapSource and then do the above. I think the card will just have a "gmapsupp.img" file, which won't tell you the number of segments

that is strange. mine says Maps(420) I can take a screen shot if that helps. B)

With CityNavigator you can fit the entire US, Canada, and Puerto Rico on a 2GB card. With CityNavigator NT you can fit all of that on a 1GB card. It's the TOPO maps that are killing you. TOPO has about 27 gajillion map segments. (Obvious exaggeration but....) You will need to decide how much of CityNavigator you need and how much of TOPO you need and select all of those segments and load them all at once.

With CityNavigator you can fit the entire US, Canada, and Puerto Rico on a 2GB card. With CityNavigator NT you can fit all of that on a 1GB card. It's the TOPO maps that are killing you. TOPO has about 27 gajillion map segments. (Obvious exaggeration but....) You will need to decide how much of CityNavigator you need and how much of TOPO you need and select all of those segments and load them all at once.

I only have AZ and small parts of MN, MO, TX & CA, and all of RI&CT for TOPO2008. I think i just need to buy City 2008 and try again.

Yep.

You have to priotize the map and the areas, because sure like hell you will go over the size limit (2G) or the segment limit (2025).

OK I am ready to whipe it out and start over. How do I clean the card and start over? I just saved my .gdb file and backed up everything to a file when using it as a mass storage device so do i just format the card or is there a way to d it from the unit? :D

Yep.

You have to priotize the map and the areas, because sure like hell you will go over the size limit (2G) or the segment limit (2025).

OK I am ready to whipe it out and start over. How do I clean the card and start over? I just saved my .gdb file and backed up everything to a file when using it as a mass storage device so do i just format the card or is there a way to d it from the unit? ;)

When you compile your next map set and send it, the current one will be overwritten.

Yep.

OK I am ready to whipe it out and start over. How do I clean the card and start over? I just saved my .gdb file and backed up everything to a file when using it as a mass storage device so do i just format the card or is there a way to d it from the unit? ;)

When you compile your next map set and send it, the current one will be overwritten.

I was just told by someone else to whipe it clean and start over because of the problems I described earlier. Also, one of my map files is called ", , Aug 2007" I have to scroll about 30 times to scroll past it in the setup screen on the unit and i have 420 segments installed and it crashes when i try to add more.