Nominate a friend cointest

tsunrisebey

Been reading this thread for the past couple of hours....this will be very difficult for me to only choose 3 people, so I won't...

Glennk721...cuz he's so darn nice.

Damenace...cuz he's so darn cute.

rivercity...cuz she's so darn honest.

LoriDarlin...cuz she's so darn patient (if you met her boys, you'd know what I mean).

Dorkfish...cuz she's so darn giving.

Cornerstone4...cuz he's such a great organizer and very generous.

AtlantaGal...cuz she's always here to help.

Mauison...cuz he's another darn great coiner.

lizzardman...cuz you hardly see him here, but he's another fabulous trader.

Toojin & Bart...cuz she's so darn thoughtful of others.

Avroair...cuz he's a darn great organizer of GeoCoin Events even if he gets stuck at the airport and cannot attend.

I know I've broken the rules here with all of these nominations, but I could not stop at 3....Good luck to you all.

Edited by Go JayBee

This is a difficult task to not offend anyone. Many of you mean ALOT to me and you may or may not know who you are. To stay more or less neutral I will nominate my wife and best friend Sally the _AY __LLS of da team three times. Through the good times and the bad she puts up with me, and to borrow a line from Jack Nicholson - she make me want to become a better man - even after 20 great years. I love you more each day :anitongue: .

Well, I just have to put in a good word for my good mates Down Under - especially since they seem to get the short end of the stick a lot of the time. It's not their fault they are all the way on he other side of the world and have to walk upside down... :anitongue::(

Keewee01 :anitongue:

Cheesy Pigs :D

Team Chelmo :(

and

Bunya :rolleyes:

I have never met any of these people but I would very much like to. :( I think I must have lived in Australia or New Zealand in another life - I so want to go there! I know, I know, I can only nominate three so pick three of those - I just cannot leave one of them off my list... :D

CF30

Here are my nominations:

Mauison he was one of the first people I ever traded coins with. We got to know each other during the Hawaii Micro coin project and then we got to meet him in person. He's just a great stand up guy, and he designs beautiful coins.

forthferalz Over a year ago she read on these forums that a 7 year-old local cacher had his first geocoin stolen out of its initial cache. She activated a new coin in Australia and let him adopt it, and gave it the mission to come find him. Last month the coin made it here, and last night at an event, I got to give the coin to its owner. It was very sweet. That would have been enough, but she also sent 2 Australia coins to the event to be given away. So much better to focus on the random (and not so random) acts of kindness than the coin thieves!

BBWolf+3 Pigs He doesn't post all that much on these forums, but he was our first long distance Geo-friend and he gave us our first ever geocoin (not sure I should thank him for that).

jrr

Edited by sillygirl & jrr

This is like Lays potato chips...I cannot nominate just 3! So here's a few folks (in no particular order).

TMOCM – for always looking out for me and the girls - making sure that we get way more coins than we need, for your supreme picnic planning skills, and for your generosity (you made a lot of kids happy with those TAKG geotags)

iTrax & Foxtail – Monday is not Monday without a Podcacher fix!

Mama Cache – for putting up with all of my questions during the MWGB duckie/frog coin ordering process…and your dedication to help us make it so.

Pghlooking – for those sweet geojellies, local legendary events, puzzles that fry my brain, and making sure that my girls ingest way more sugar than they should

Anthus – for many trades and commiserating with me over our girls’ Poke-talk…I don’t think that we would’ve survived GW5 without you and your girls…Brenda cannot wait to see you guys again!

YemonYime – for our awesome geocoin design, all of those other coins and icons that you designed, plus some wicked cache hides

D@nim@l – for the moonpies, micro-events, and trades

Pengo Family – you have been very generous to my girls too!

GlennK721 – for the trades, online “talks” and those awesome geocoin pictures

57chevy – for all the cool sig item trades

The Moop Along – for the Poker tourneys

Nielsenc – for being such a nice guy...thanks for all the trades with my girls!

Parents of SAM - for all your hard work with the "chick" pojects

All of the mystery coin folks – for the smiles that you've brought to so many people!

and

Tsun - you ARE the cointest queen! Thanks for yet another one!

My nominations:

GlennK721...GREAT guy, very generous!

Tsun....you are a darling, kid!

Steve (Hogwild)...another of the truly generous!

Yes, Gary and Donna (Team CoyChev) get honorable mention, but not many would know them here! LadyBee4T is another I'd say gets honorable mention here...she's a sweetheart!!

Well I do not know how to only pick three so this week I will do three and then three different people next week.

agentsac- because he supports my habit and does not yell at me to much about all of my new coins.LOL He is a great guy and the love of my life.

ATC06-Who is a great friend and a big coin collecter. We first met him when we moved to NC and his family has become part of our family. His wife and him are great people and there kids are really great.

Tadpole379- The reason I choose tadpole is because I recently just started the coin collecting and going on the chat and she has been very nice to me and even helped me out by selling me one of her coins that I missed getting. I thought this was great of her considering she did not really know me that well.

1) SirGerald and LadyLeAnn, truly gracious and awesome people.

2) Cach-u-nuts, everyone knows why :ph34r:

3) Team Shydog, sent us a trade, I was expecting one of their coins and got instead of just a v2, v1 :ph34r: and v2.

4) Bluegillfisherman, for the sweet gift of his v2 coin :blink:

My first nomination is:

Atlantagal - All you need to do is look at her coin list and you can see what we all either strive to be or have become :ph34r: . Atlantagal has created some great coins and as a result has caused me to go down the path of the darkside without even knowing it. She provides constructive feedback and is active in the forums and we all know that she is "somewhat" active in the coin collecting addiction. And if all that is not enough, she is afterall a PENN STATE FAN herself!!!! :blink::ph34r::D

Greetings. been away from the forums a couple of days and come back to read this wonderful thread As I read I am astounded as to how many people in the forums that have made mention of me in a positive note. I have done nothing but be "me" I enjoy the interaction with everyone online here, Friends I have made here in the community through trading, cointests, secret coin exchanges has been a blessing, I look forward to the exchange of emails along the way, getting to know folks here though this contact, and look forward to possibly meeting many of you in person down the road.

As many have mentioned it's quite a chore to select just 3 people from the wonderful group of coin-nickers here as I would never want to hurt someones feelings that I have not made note of their generosity , kindness or presence here online within our community so therefore I nominate everyone, I can not bring myself to exclude anyone and or place anyone above the rest. Just being "me" again. Hope not to offend anyone with my stance here with this post. You are all very special to me in one way or another. Fondly, Glenn

AKA :: Should have been a politician glennk721 :rolleyes:

I am only going to make nominations once for three poeple who I believe have provided the Coin community with nothing but positive things since I came here:

1/ cachingcoins- cause all I ever see is her unselfish sharing of coins all over the world.

2/ islander88- heck a fellow Canuk desrves this cause he is always showing how generous and helpful another canuk can be to the world.

3/ deafhunt- cause he has persevered and has shown he can learn and share with the best of the coin people in here. He has been accepted like no other coin collecter I have seen, from controversy to acceptance. Thats what caching has taught me...understanding and willingness to share with others less fortunate.

honorable mention- geocoin fairy- cause whoever this person is they display all the unselfishness there may be in sharing what we all come to love...coins.

last but not least the desperato secret agent- who has shown us mystery after mystery and has yet to be nailed down to any one orginization or counrty but the country of sharing the coins

Edited by slippery_1

I have one nomination left this week...

:rolleyes: I would like to nominate Steph (PoSam). I had only spoken to her a few times in chat, but when I had questions relating to a coin project I am working on...she was so willing to help me...she even gave me (a total stranger) her phone number so that we could chat and work out my questions. So, Thank You!!

My first nomination is:

Atlantagal - All you need to do is look at her coin list and you can see what we all either strive to be or have become :D . Atlantagal has created some great coins and as a result has caused me to go down the path of the darkside without even knowing it. She provides constructive feedback and is active in the forums and we all know that she is "somewhat" active in the coin collecting addiction. And if all that is not enough, she is afterall a PENN STATE FAN herself!!!! :D:lol::D

My second nomination is:

Sillygirl & JRR - After I launched the Cache Lei Geocoin Hula Bum came up with a great idea of having some of the coins activated and mailed to Hawaii to begin their missions. Sillygirl&JRR stepped up to help me with receiving a coin to launch for me. While emailing back and forth, we traded coins as well. When the package arrived, I was pleasently surprised by an additional coin, the Hawaiian Hibiscus, which is my favorite flower. Knowing how special the flower is to me, she sent one off which helped to propel my notions that the Geocoin trading community is very caring and giving. Thank you Judy!!! This was all taking placed while the Hawaiian Islands prepared for the first Huricane of the season....Now that is dedication. B)

Actually now I'm thinking about it thanks to Steph this is kind of nice to find it hard to narrow down to 3! arrgh coin flip time!

Another one for Glenn721 - ditto ditto a real friend and genuine guy

One for cheeseypigs for just 'being there' - (you know near my distance cache!)

and someone who doesn't post to these forums but he is the epitome of the friendly canadian and likes coins :D dunworley - hope we meet up again one day and go caching.

and mahalo for the nomination :lol:

I've been away for a week in the bush. I had just started reading this post before taking off. I've been thinking this over so many times and have found it very difficult to narrow down to just 3 names. :D

Over the past three years, I have been trading e-mails with so many of you out there and also traded coins with so many. Even those who I have not traded with, I read most of your comments. This whole group has become such a fun bunch. :lol:

If I could, I would nominate all of you for all the fun moments I've had on this forum and for all the trades we've made over the years, :D but being able to nominate only 3, here is my list.

AtlantaGal, Islander88 and Avroair for all the special little things over the years.

ok, three now, more later, huh? lets see.......

Since this is the coin forum, my first nomination would have to be for Go Jaybee, since his was the first coin collection that I got to see. I thought I was cool with three or four coins at the Temecula mega event, and here he was with boxes of em! He showed me my first real life Moun10bike coins and many other very special coins. That was the moment I knew I was a coin collector deep down inside. I must also say that he is the one who taught me that the coins in a collection are best when shared, and in order to discover his coins you must pick up and touch them. That makes it much more special, and I always share my collection in the same way. :lol:

My second nomination is for CinemaBoxers. Two of the nicest most level-headed people I've virtually met. :D They host a wonderful place to get together, where they make everyone feel welcome. They gladly share their artistic abilities with the coin community, with so many wonderful designs. And when I was out on a limb they were two of the people to support me. But not just me, they support everyone and are always a delight to talk to. :D

And my third nomination is goes to tadpole379. Without having to ask, she saved me from missing out on her personal coins, and even sent a little something extra. Now she is undertaking and spearheading a new project, one that I'm sure many many people will join, and everyone will benefit from her efforts. For this, I label her a "Giver" and offer my thanks for being a cool geo-person. :D

Edited by Woletrap

And my third nomination is goes to tadpole379. Without having to ask, she saved me from missing out on her personal coins, and even sent a little something extra. Now she is undertaking and spearheading a new project, one that I'm sure many many people will join, and everyone will benefit from her efforts. For this, I label her a "Giver" and offer my thanks for being a cool geo-person. :D

Wow..I don't even know what to say...

Thank you so much!!

Like Steph said...it really did make me smile when I read this. :D:lol:

I usually lurk here on these forums but have seen enough that I would like to make some nominations.

Glennk721 He is very generous to everyone on the forum here especially those in need. Hats off to Glenn!

Dorkfish I have seen her many auctions for those in need and she has been very generous also in other ways. She has helped and is helping to plan events and other cachers in Idaho. Hats off to Karma!

LadyBee4T She is my third nomination for this week. She has a very kind heart and is always willing to help those newbies on the board to set things up etc. Hats off to Beverly!

I've been trying to decide how to narrow my answers to just 3 people. I have met so many wonderful people through geocacaching and this geocoin obsession. There are an abundance of kind and generous folks who I've had the pleasure to meet in person and online. So many of you have helped me out in ways you can't possibly imagine. So here's what I've done, I made a long list of people who I am truly grateful to call my friends. I randomly picked out 3 names and listed them below. I'll do this again for Tsun's other contests too. Here are my pics for this week:

CrazyCaveLover - She is by far one of the nicest people I have ever met with an adorable dog too :P She is genuinely a good, kind person. When you are around her, her beauty is radiant.

GlennK721 - The best friend anyone could ever hope for. Over the years he has continued to surprise me with his kindness & geocoin gifts. He is always doing nice things for others & would probably give the shirt off his back to help anybody in need. He is definately one of those people who makes you want to be a better person.

GPX Navigators - She has been such a wonderful and supportive friend to me. She is a very generous and kind hearted person. A true kindred spirit!

I want to thank everyone who said such nice things about me. Those were really nice comments to read. I really, really enjoy doing things to make other people happy. Hmmm, I just had an idea for a contest. Watch the forums tomorrow :)

This contest closes at midnight Montana time (MST). There will be 2 more nomination contests (one for each week). So for those of you that felt bad because you could only nominate 3 people, you 'll have plenty of opportunities to name all your geobuddies next week :) Thanks for participating all.

dorkfish: Can you have the contest on Sunday? I'm going to be at a football game all day Saturday :)

~tsun :P

The person I want to nominate is Cache Agent. She is a true friend of mine. She introduced herself to me through these forums, but we have developed a friendship that goes way beyond "Geocoin Discussions."

It all started with a trade, my very first. Intially for 1 coin, and then we ended up trading 2 with the promise of a 3rd down the road. It was so easy to talk to her and it seemed like we have a lot in common. She has unending patience and was willing to teach me all the proper trading etiquette. She is encouraging and always positive, especially when it came to me making more trades with other people. I am a shy person, but she gave me the confidence to try. When I wanted to find geocoins for my first secret geocoin mission, she was right there to help me. She directed me at other nice community traders. She has always gone out of her way to be kind and generous with her time. I always feel like she is just an email or an instant message away. We talk about all kinds of things, even if it is just to wish each other a happy day of the week :P

Whenever I have been upset or tired by things going on in real life or these forums I talk to her. She has a very understanding ear. We also talk about the good times: trips, geocaching, family, and occasionally geocoins. She has encouraged me to get out and meet more of my fellow geocachers, there are so many more now than when I started. I don't think I would be where I am today, a much happier person, if it weren't for her. I trust her opinion and sometimes she just points out what I already know deep down inside. I am blessed to have such a wonderful friend in my life.

I don't know how I so fortunate to meet such an amazing person in this large and sometimes overwhelming world, but I thank my lucky stars that we met. She is my friend and she deserves to be recognized.

PS. It is thanks to her that I have gotten to know many others of you, too many to note, but you all should know who you are :)

I guess I better get mine in. I agree with Dennis. There are just a bunch of great people here! It has been an honor get to know the few I have, and read the great words and friendships in here. Soooo, in no particular order but because each one of you that I nominate have helped me in some way and kept my spirits up by your posts and personal help:

Fluttershy: One of the two first people I met in here that really helped me understand this forum. Thanks for the help getting started in here and with my collection!

Demance: What more can be said about him? Your willingness to help those you meet is truly inspiring. You have a great wit and sense of humor. It was great to meet you in person.

Tsun: You have shown me what it is to be a good friend even though we have never met! I appreciate all you have done for me and the great help you given me.

I have more to nominate but will wait for the next contest.

All of you here have been great to know, meet and talk to! I would like to nominate all of you that I have talked to and got to know but I can see the reason for limits in here. Thanks for setting this up, Steph! :)

My last nomination for this particular cointest is going to be;

My niece. At 9 years old and very much a girly girl, she never wants to go geocaching with her auntie. She thinks I'm goofy for doing it but I often take her brother who gets excited about it at 5 years old. As soon as he decides to go, then she wants to go. On the way to a geocache, she assumes that every car we pass has come back from the cache we are going to and on the way home, every car we pass is on the way to the cache we just left, lol. It's funny how kids think. For someone who never wants to go ends up being the most competitive of the three of us when getting ready to hike a trail to the cache. She has to hold the GPS and lead the way, if we walk fast, she walks faster. She gets all excited when we find the cache and can never make up her mind what cheap toy she wants from the cache. Then she gabs the whole way home about all the fun she had. We go through the same routine every time.

She also knows her auntie makes alot of things and whenever she sees the geocoins, she asks me if I can 'make' her one too :) That always makes me laugh. I just get a kick out her.

She'll get a coin either way cause I have some pull with the artist :) and I'll nominate my nephew next go round.

Thanks 'bud' even though you'll never see this. You make me wanna pull my hair out at times but you also make me smile and laugh alot :blink: Your auntie loves you :D

~tsun

Ok, tallied up the votes. If you by chance voted for me I nixed the vote and went to the next person down or if you voted for more than 3 people, I just used the first three you posted.

I will be giving away 3 Tatanka Pejula coins for this particular cointest instead of 1 coin;

Glenn721

dorkfish

damenace

Congrat's all and I will start a new cointest for a differet tatanka pejula coin and don't worry, you will be able to post as many folks as you want :D Details to follow next week. Thanks everyone, it was really great to read some of the nice things you wrote about fellow community members!

~tsun :D

Ok, tallied up the votes. If you by chance voted for me I nixed the vote and went to the next person down or if you voted for more than 3 people, I just used the first three you posted.

I will be giving away 3 Tatanka Pejula coins for this particular cointest instead of 1 coin;

Glenn721

dorkfish

damenace

Congrat's all and I will start a new cointest for a differet tatanka pejula coin and don't worry, you will be able to post as many folks as you want :D Details to follow next week. Thanks everyone, it was really great to read some of the nice things you wrote about fellow community members!

Congratulations to the 3 winners! You all deserve it! :D

Glenn721

dorkfish

damenace

Congrats to the winners...and thanks Tsun for the cointest!

Thank you! That was entirely unexpected. I knew Glenn & Dennis had alot of votes but really didn't pay much attention to myself. I am really touched, that is just so incredibly sweet :anicute: Why don't we have an animated frog that is crying? :blink:

edited to say that in my enthusiasm I forgot to mention how beautiful of a coin this is. Stephanie, you never cease to amaze me with your stunning coins. I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for your next coins :D

Edited by dorkfish

Thank you! That was entirely unexpected. I knew Glenn & Dennis had alot of votes but really didn't pay much attention to myself. I am really touched, that is just so incredibly sweet :D Why don't we have an animated frog that is crying? :anicute:

You mean like this one? :blink:

It doesn't show up in the standard list, you either have to find it from the "show all" list of smilies, or type : cry : the old fashioned way. :blink: