What size do I say it is?

jerryo

Bit of advice here, please. Or a chat. Whenever I submit a cache for publication, I am sometimes unsure what size cache I should use on the page. While the range given is from “micro” to “small” to “regular” to “large”, when caching I have often seen those little clippie boxes described as regular rather than small. I’m not bothered about it and I think small should mean very small but if you describe one as regular are people going to get miffed when they find they can’t squeeze in that huge TB that they’ve been trying to get rid of? Not that they won’t put it in anyway. :rolleyes:

The choices of regular box are “ammo box” or “Rubbermaid”. I know that “Rubbermaid” is a Tupperware-type equivalent (and I also know that you can buy rubber maids in the UK but that’s a different thread) so is any Tupperware box regular? Of course it should be obvious but if that were the case then I wouldn't be asking. <_<

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx#sizes says:

Cache sizes for all caches that have a physical container.

• Micro (35 mm film canister or smaller – less than approximately 3 ounces or .1 litres -- typically containing only a logbook)
  • Small (Sandwich-sized Tupperware-style container or similar -- less than approximately 1 quart or litre -- holds trade items as well as a logbook)
  • Regular (Tupperware-style container or ammo can)
  • Large (5 gallon/20 litre bucket or larger)