'Remember me' at Logon

The Vikings

When you log on to the website there is a tick box called 'Remember me'. Even if I tick that box, I still have to enter both username and password again next time I log on.

It says that it requires Cookies, but I do not know where to check that. I have also used other web sites where the site can actually remember me.

When you log on to the website there is a tick box called 'Remember me'. Even if I tick that box, I still have to enter both username and password again next time I log on.

It says that it requires Cookies, but I do not know where to check that. I have also used other web sites where the site can actually remember me.

What browser are you using?

I have the same problem.

This issue was discussed back in June in the thread called "Have to continuously log in" (and possibly others too).

It was very annoying, as I hadn't changed any settings and suddenly I had to log in over and over -- even if I hadn't logged out or closed any browser windoes; my login session would just time out by itself. (It seemed to be coincident with a software change that had been made regarding saving the "current date" for logs, as something flaky started going on with that feature at the same time.) After a week or two, it seems to be fixed, but then it was back again a short time later and it has been like this for over a month.

The most frustrating time that it has occurred so far was when I was writing a long cache log. I was logged in at the start of it, but the evil timeout apparently occurred sometime while I was typing, and when I hit the "Submit" button, it told me that I wasn't logged in. All that typing was lost. :anitongue:

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.6.

What browser are you using?

Internet Explorer 6.