Hippie Bus Race to Sacramento

dflye

After looking at the updated list it looks to me that most of us are in a separate race of our own. Those at the top look unbeatable. B) Maybe I can convince someone to take a few to Europe and bring them back too? B)

Or take your own to Hawai'i. That would be fun. B)

Those top three should be in their own race. Or at least fill in the missing logs/caches on a couple of them as to how they got across the pond.....and back again via what.....a sock? :blink:

Safer to keep it here in the US and on the mainland. After all we want them to get to GW6! B)

Standings updated with the usual caveats about racers who aren't yet showing mileage for recent placements, and racers that have, uhhh, shall we say "intriguing" logs to decipher. :P:unsure:

Only 4 days since the last update, lot quicker than the *mumble* weeks it took for the prior update. :P

Now just need to update the main website itself (which still says the race hasn't started yet, doh!) and work on pulling names out of a hat for monthly coin giveaways. Just need to devise some sort of Rube Goldberg-esque device for a 5 year old to use to randomize name drawing. :yikes:

Be careful what you ask for, look where Creacher's racer recently ended up....some nasty looking 3.5-star puzzle multi-cache. Oh, and since the cache is in the Netherlands, good luck reading the cache page! :unsure:

Wow! I guess they're taking the scenic route!

Dang hippies I hired to drive that bus stopped FAR too long at one of those coffee shops in Amsterdam! :P

At least that puzzle cache seems to get hit about once a month, so I can HOPE that it will get hit this month and the coin retrieved... :P

It looks like my racer "LadyBee4T's Hippie Bus Chugging Along the Road to Sacramento" TBN742 disappeared along with the cache in the first one it was placed in! :P It made 2 events, one cache and poof!!! Is there a category for the first one muggled? :P

Edited by LadyBee4T

I have two questions. The easy one first

Have there been any prizes awarded yet to people moving the racers or anyone else for that matter?

My second racer dissappeared in the very first cache it was placed in after the 2 events along with the cache itself. Can I attach something else to the dup tb tag? do I have to wait to the end of the race? I see too that Glennk721's racer never made it out of the second event.

I have two questions. The easy one first

Have there been any prizes awarded yet to people moving the racers or anyone else for that matter?

My second racer dissappeared in the very first cache it was placed in after the 2 events along with the cache itself. Can I attach something else to the dup tb tag? do I have to wait to the end of the race? I see too that Glennk721's racer never made it out of the second event.

Unfortunately no prizes have been awarded yet, so I've got a pretty good sized pile of coins to distribute at this point as that makes me, uhhh, 4 months behind now that it is February! :drama::blink: Now where did I put that bingo game with the ball cage for drawing numbers..... :drama:

Hmm, that 2nd question reminds me I need to go flog the local cacher whose name was on the signout sheet for Glenn's racer. :drama:

Yeah, if you want to launch a replacement racer that is fine, just a matter of figuring out where you'd like it launched from, and if you want a new laminated racer tag / travel bug buddy dog tag / wire cable assembly. I can either mail the parts to you for assembly, or you can send the replacement to me for assembly. Once launched, I'll consolidate the statistics for the new racer with the old so that you aren't starting from scratch, just down a few laps.

One of mine was in California and was picked up and taken back to the midwest. it's on it's way to Oregon now. Don't understand removing it from CA. The tag states it's in a Race to geostock in CALIFORNIA, not Wisconsin.

Ah, but life is about the journey, not the destination!

Hence the prizes for greatest miles traveled, most caches, states|countries visited, etc.

Getting to Sacramento area months prior to GW6 doesn't get you squat unless you had a very colorful hippie trip getting there! :ph34r:

So, let your bug enjoy visiting places outside of Cali, probably safer during an election year anyhow! :anibad:

I've now had two go missing. At least my one is doing well. How many other Racers have add there TB's go missing? Just curious, it happens.

Mine went missing in the very first cache it was put in. The entire cache was muggled and I was bummed. Its been replaced so that now other cachers can move it and get in on the drawings.

Thanks dflye for all your work in this race!!!

Updated the Race Standings

I think we have a winner for the category of "Most violations of Rule 10" :D:D:D

Tied for first in number of caches (and that is only because I ignored any placements by the same cacher in the same day), huge numbers of pictures taken of this bug, bound to win in some category, just may need a Roger Clemens style "juiced racer" asterisk in the standings. :laughing:

And the "winner" is..... Horsegeeks Race to Sacramento Hippie Bus Geocoin

Some well meaning cachers out there taking lots of time and effort with this racer....guess for any future race, need some clearer way to explain that particular rule, or to reduce the credits accumulated while dipping.

Standings are currently a few weeks out of date, got slammed at work before heading out of town on vacation, hopefully will catch up after this weekend once I get back home.

There are definitely a large number of racers that have made it into the state of CA, and some are in holding patterns in the general Sacramento area.

At this point it is looking very definite that I will NOT be able to attend GW6, so I'll be looking to recruit an assistant to host an event in the area during the GW6 weekend so that I can send a TON of swag / prizes their way, as the standings are unlikely to change dramatically enough in the last few days after GW6 to change who ends up taking home loot (if any winners are actually in attendance! :( )

Now if I can just manage to survive the Yakima Cache Machine event this weekend, I'll be happy, since I'm planning an overnight drive half-way across WA state to the event city to cap off my vacation, cache all day, drive half-way across the state AGAIN, and then catch a red-eye flight home! ;);) Oh, and to make matters more entertaining, introduced my mom to caching today; ended up doing 8 caches in a nifty park in Oregon near the Original Stash, so I'm wondering if she'll want to tag along now! :D

If someone has a racer stuck in MT, ID, NV (depending on location), I'd be happy to swing by and grab it then drop it off at GW6. I know for sure I'll have a 1 night stay in Reno but I don't exactly have my route all planned out yet. I'll post again when GW6 gets a bit closer and if you want me to try and pick up your coin, you'll need to email with the info.

tsun

If someone has a racer stuck in MT, ID, NV (depending on location), I'd be happy to swing by and grab it then drop it off at GW6. I know for sure I'll have a 1 night stay in Reno but I don't exactly have my route all planned out yet. I'll post again when GW6 gets a bit closer and if you want me to try and pick up your coin, you'll need to email with the info.

tsun

Well the Love Machine has been hanging our near Boise ID, is that on your way? It would be great if you could pick it up and deliver it to us at GWVI.

jrr

Edited by sillygirl & jrr

tsun

Well the Love Machine has been hanging our near Boise ID, is that on your way? It would be great if you could pick it up and deliver it to us at GWVI.

jrr

I'm not going through Boise but the perfect person to pick up that coin would be dorkfish :anibad: Drop her an email.

Okay, Hippie Bus Race Standings have finally been updated again, hadn't realized I was that far behind until I kept going further and further back in time and still hadn't run out of unread log notices! ;)

A few changes near the top of the standings, some more racers making it closer to the finish line, and a few wild ones that get to Cali and then head waaaaaay out of the area. :rolleyes: One went to Alaska, that's close to Sacramento, isn't it? :P

Now that I've mostly recovered from going on vacation, having family stay for a week, then the over-the-top kid's b-day party at home and then my wife starts a few home improvement projects that leave the house looking like a moving company quit partway through the job due to exploding paint cans. ;) Not sure why changing from one shade of tan carpet to a darker shade of tan carpet means we have to rearrange all the furniture, paint walls and switch kid bedroom with guest bedroom. ;):D

My bus is curently in Calgary. I can only hope some Canadian cachers are going to GW6 and will pick it up.

It was placed in a cache on the opposite end of the city to me and in the country...but I will go anywhere for two FTF's and to try and get your coin. I know TethysC is going to California....I'll place it in one of his caches.

My bus is curently in Calgary. I can only hope some Canadian cachers are going to GW6 and will pick it up.

It was placed in a cache on the opposite end of the city to me and in the country...but I will go anywhere for two FTF's and to try and get your coin. I know TethysC is going to California....I'll place it in one of his caches.

That would be excellent!