Garmin bare wire power/pc data cable

Nimnifnof

I picked up a Glisson Tech bare wire kit for the Garmin GPSMap 60CSx to hardwire a power point into my dash. Ran out of power ports and don't like wires stretching across my dash for the cig version.

But the wire kit did not include an inline fuse. What size inline fuse should I use???

I did search, but only looked through about 10-pages of 29-pages of results.

Thanks.

Edited by Nimnifnof

The wire kit did not include an inline fuse. What size inline fuse should I use???

I'm surprised that this bare wire version doesn't come with a fuse. I have the normal cigarette lighter version, I would assume the fuse it uses would be the same size you need. of course I don't have my cable handy at the moment, but I'm sure someone else could check theirs.

If you don't hear a reply from someone else I'll check mine later and post back.

I picked up a Glisson Tech bare wire kit for the Garmin GPSMap 60CSx to hardwire a power point into my dash. Ran out of power ports and don't like wires stretching across my dash for the cig version.

But the wire kit did not include an inline fuse. What size inline fuse should I use???

Thanks.

I have the Garmin cigarette lighter adapter to 4-pin (the big round connector). It has a fuse in it. I'll look at it when I go to the car and post what it is when I get back to the computer.

duh, didn't even think of that. I have the cig lighter to usb power cord I can go look at the fuse in. Will be moving that one to my other car as it's not very functional, routing-wise in my truck which I use the most and I want my power port back for other things.

Thanks.

Thanks.

I have the Garmin cigarette lighter adapter to 4-pin (the big round connector). It has a fuse in it. I'll look at it when I go to the car and post what it is when I get back to the computer.

The label on the thing says "F 1.5A H 240V".