Using the Logs

StarBrand

I would be a D.

Don't see any reason not to use past logs if you are having trouble finding the cache. It could have been moved slightly from the original location by a recent finder, could have been a bit off in coords originally or it might be a tough spot for the GPS.

But then again I rarely carry my Palm anymore after sitting on two on past hikes! When I do carry the Palm, just the past 5 logs are in there.

I bet Piglet9 is a B.... :D

Correct!, It just seems odd to me that they would be necessary to find a cache, considering I quite often have to wait for my caching partner to find them as I have already found them and gone after more interesting things... Bunnies, lizzards and birds!

So in all technical terms I would be a B.

I would be a D.

Don't see any reason not to use past logs if you are having trouble finding the cache. It could have been moved slightly from the original location by a recent finder, could have been a bit off in coords originally or it might be a tough spot for the GPS.

But then again I rarely carry my Palm anymore after sitting on two on past hikes! When I do carry the Palm, just the past 5 logs are in there.

I bet Piglet9 is a B.... :D

Correct!, It just seems odd to me that they would be necessary to find a cache, considering I quite often have to wait for my caching partner to find them as I have already found them and gone after more interesting things... Bunnies, lizzards and birds!

So in all technical terms I would be a B.

You have a huge advantage over us humans because you can smell the human scent left all over those caches. I look forward to seeing you and your human out there again Piglet9. Be really careful whenever you find one of those sneaky diamondbacks. :D

I just look to see if folks have been finding it recently - how much I read might depnd on how hard the rating is and how much time I have. I usually don't want to know too much and read more at the time of logging to compare my hunt with others. Love the Pictures others post if they show me something. I do read the cache descriptions pretty well.