Issue with Calculating TB mileage

Sioneva

A friend of mine recently took two coins off mine over to Russia and logged them in and out of a virtual cache there. The additional 4000+ miles were added to the total when I hit 'recalculate', and it looked really good. :anitongue: One coin had about 13,000 miles total - really sweet!

She then remembered that she had taken then to a virtual in Chicago before going to Russia, and added a backdated entry for each coin - ever since then, the mileage of the trip to Russia isn't showing up, no matter how many times I hit recalculate. It shows the mileage to Chicago, but no mileage figures for Russia. Is there something I need to tweak to fix this?

Or should I be posting this in the geocoins/TB forum? If so, my apologies! Thanks!

A friend of mine recently took two coins off mine over to Russia and logged them in and out of a virtual cache there. The additional 4000+ miles were added to the total when I hit 'recalculate', and it looked really good. :anitongue: One coin had about 13,000 miles total - really sweet!

She then remembered that she had taken then to a virtual in Chicago before going to Russia, and added a backdated entry for each coin - ever since then, the mileage of the trip to Russia isn't showing up, no matter how many times I hit recalculate. It shows the mileage to Chicago, but no mileage figures for Russia. Is there something I need to tweak to fix this?

Or should I be posting this in the geocoins/TB forum? If so, my apologies! Thanks!

Go to Travel bug Area it help lot :anitongue:

A friend of mine recently took two coins off mine over to Russia and logged them in and out of a virtual cache there. The additional 4000+ miles were added to the total when I hit 'recalculate', and it looked really good. :) One coin had about 13,000 miles total - really sweet!

The updates to Trackable total mileage apparently run on a (variable?) schedule,

from a couple of minutes to several days, weeks...

"Recalculating" (on the travel bug page menu in the upper right > Recalculate distance > Go)

seems to help as an "immediate" work around usually but

there is still some hiccups and time that have to be traversed and waited out...

Here's one good prior post where both Jeremy and Raine (Groundspeak Mega-Developers) speak to the issue of TB mileage.

Edited by MrCOgeo