What cool traveling geocoin did you find this weekend?

Kealia

I was shocked when I found a traveling Lackey coin in a cache this past Friday and I realized that there wasn't a thread to talk about the cool traveling coins we actually find in caches. After all, that is the point of coins, right?

So, here goes.

I found a traveling Lackey Geocoin in a cache on Friday (and it evens belongs to the legendary Rothstafari) - what did you find?

Me? None. A while back, we hosted a GC101 course at a local festival where we recruited a few n00b cachers! One of the n00bs (a 15 yr old fella who lives near the S.P.) has contacted me a few times to meet up with him for some caching, I met up with him last night for a few of ours!

Along the way, he asked many questions, one was about the coins I had handed out at the festival...an untrackable coin. He wanted to have one to follow, so I offered one of my trackables (which I'd give him on another trip), BUT at the very last cache, he found a Moscow32 geotag!

He now has his very first trackable to play with as well as a cool item to remember the trip! He was happy!

I'm still going to be giving him our coin....then he'll have a coin to send out and one to keep!

Ok, going against my own thread title on this one, but I found a non-trackable personal geocoin from RossNet this past week that I was able to trade for (in the cache).

I'll post a pic soon.

And the picture:

rossnetfronttp4.jpg

rossnetbackjl2.jpg

In return I left a GBA Spring (2005) Geocoin for the next cacher.

Dusting off this thread 'cuz I found a cool one today.

I don't have it in front of me now but the back has a message about saving the lands, etc.

img00074ty6.jpg

It was perfect because as I found the cache I was approached by a California State Park Ranger who was out re-mapping the trails with his GPS. We chatted a for a bit and talked about being good land stewarts, etc. and this coin in the cache helped to reinforce that!