Mapsend show county lines?

Kealia

I've used the Search feature extensively and haven't been able to find a thread on this. The User Manual is no help and I can't find anything online anywhere so I'm asking you here:

Is there a way to make Mapsend show county lines?

I have DirectRoute NA v.200

It would be helpful to be able to see the county lines while out searching for caches (ok, I'm working on a California County challange, ok :anitongue: )

Thanks.

I don't see it either. I was hoping for an option that I don't know about, or a way to do it.

Anybody else have any experience with this?

Data for county lines is readily available from online GIS repositories. You could create your own map from that. It takes some determination, though...

Okay, I took pity on you. See here: CA_counties.img. (Go easy on my server; no guarantee of uptime). I also put the source mp file in the pub/maps directory if someone wants to tweak it. My source for data was http://www.biogeog.ucsb.edu/projects/gap/gap_data.html with format and coordinate transformation via ogr2ogr, then combined in GPSMapEdit and converted to Garmin img with cGPSMapper (whew! I told you it takes determination...)

I don't see it either. I was hoping for an option that I don't know about, or a way to do it.

Data for county lines is readily available from online GIS repositories. You could create your own map from that. It takes some determination, though...

Okay, I took pity on you. See here: CA_counties.img. (Go easy on my server; no guarantee of uptime). I also put the source mp file in the pub/maps directory if someone wants to tweak it. My source for data was http://www.biogeog.ucsb.edu/projects/gap/gap_data.html with format and coordinate transformation via ogr2ogr, then combined in GPSMapEdit and converted to Garmin img with cGPSMapper (whew! I told you it takes determination...)

He's working with Magellan...not Garmin.

He's working with Magellan...not Garmin.

Eh. I misread that as sendmap. Oh, well, maybe someone else will get some use out of it (I already did and I learned more about the map tools I'm using, so it wasn't a total loss).